The Student Room Group

Transferring University , please help

I decided to switch to another university after my first year and they say they need my first year results in the previous university as they made me an offer on ucas. The university told me I need to hand them a transcript. I don't think I will receive the grades I need so I was thinking of manipulating my transcript. Do you think the two universities will contact each other as so far the university I'm transferring to has taken my word for all my predictions and everything .
Original post by poliolobio
I decided to switch to another university after my first year and they say they need my first year results in the previous university as they made me an offer on ucas. The university told me I need to hand them a transcript. I don't think I will receive the grades I need so I was thinking of manipulating my transcript. Do you think the two universities will contact each other as so far the university I'm transferring to has taken my word for all my predictions and everything .

So you wanted to commit fraud? I d accept they would contact each other to verify grades if they were suspicious, a transcript is a legal document i wouldnt recommended doing what i think you're planning on doing.
Reply 2
If you want to risk getting kicked out of both unis then go ahead ...
Having transferred university I'd say its definitely possible. My target uni's didnt confirm my grades with my original university, I just emailed a transcript.
Original post by physicsphysics91
Having transferred university I'd say its definitely possible. My target uni's didnt confirm my grades with my original university, I just emailed a transcript.

As far as you know they didn't confirm your grades.
Reply 5
A VERY slippery slope.

“After all, no one really checks, right? It’s just a little white lie, right? Wrong. It’s fraud.”"

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/education/educationnews/10941476/Students-threatened-with-jail-for-telling-white-lies-on-CVs.html

https://www.hedd.ac.uk/aboutHedd.htm
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending