The Student Room Group

Joining SPORTS clubs after School age!!HOW???

During school it was so much easier to get into any kind of sport whether you are beginner or good at it..........But once past that stage, it seems almost impossible to get into a NEW SPORT as a beginner unless you are a professional.
I mean I've looked around and can't seem to find anything...I'm now interested in: Basketball, Volleyball and baseball

Anyone else thinks the same?
Original post by Chazeyourself
During school it was so much easier to get into any kind of sport whether you are beginner or good at it..........But once past that stage, it seems almost impossible to get into a NEW SPORT as a beginner unless you are a professional.
I mean I've looked around and can't seem to find anything...I'm now interested in: Basketball, Volleyball and baseball

Anyone else thinks the same?

I can imagine it being difficult.. but you know, there's got to be a sports facility somewhere that you can use with friends, or maybe a club there already, but if you live in a small town then this can be difficult :tongue:
Reply 2
Hi

For baseball BSUK and BBF (the governing bodies) have a team finder
http://baseballsoftballuk.com/finder

I'm not sure about the other sports but they will most likely have one on the governing bodies websites.

Hope this helps.
Are there no sports clubs in your area? Where I am, there's a huge sports centre which runs sports of all abilities for various ages.
Original post by Tiger Rag
Are there no sports clubs in your area? Where I am, there's a huge sports centre which runs sports of all abilities for various ages.

Im in livetpool snd all they basically have is lifestyles centres which are **** compared to other centres ive been to outscares
There arent many activities just badminton swimming for kids...
Reply 5
Im in livetpool snd all they basically have is lifestyles centres which are **** compared to other centres ive been to outscares

I used to live in Merseyside. I don't know if it'll be any use to you or not but I'm sure that Wirral Council's sports and leisure centres have sports clubs for adults.
Reply 6

There is the Liverpool Trojans baseball club, friendly lot from what I've been told by people that have played against them.

http://www.liverpooltrojans.co.uk/

I don't really know too much about them though.
Reply 7
go to uni and join sports clubs there ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending