The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mr tim
Crystal Palace are interested in Benteke, we asking £30m for him. Would be nice if we can recoup that much for him.

Well Crystal Palace offered more than 30mil for Michy Batshuayi..
Great, Crystal Palace are bad enough as our bogey team, giving them Benteke is a confirmation of our annual 6 point donation to Palace...
Original post by samir12
Great, Crystal Palace are bad enough as our bogey team, giving them Benteke is a confirmation of our annual 6 point donation to Palace...

Look at it like this - we lose to Palace anyway so why not sell them Benteke for a very decent price (essentially making him a "swap" for Mané)?

I feel like Benteke would prosper at Palace and recreate his Villa form there. He was never gonna work here so I don't mind if he does well elsewhere tbh :smile:
Looking back on all our big money signings, hardly any of them set the team on fire.
Original post by samir12

Haha wouldn't be surprising. But if the sale pretty much funds Mane then we've done well enough in that our squad is much improved.

Original post by TaintedLight
Looking back on all our big money signings, hardly any of them set the team on fire.

Tbh we've had a below par hit ratio of good transfers for a long time.
Dahoud set to stay in Germany for another season, in a bid to "continue his development".
Original post by Lúcio

Our striker options next season look great though:

Sturridge
Origi
Ings
Firmino (if needed)
Mané (if needed)

I am extremely happy with that.

#ThrowbackThursday

Original post by Lúcio
So now we have Sturridge and Balotelli with lambert and borini as back up.
Damn that's good

Any arsenal fans wanna comment on their strikers?
Didn't think so...
Original post by difeo
#ThrowbackThursday

lol was gonna quote this the other day, Puke has said this every season
Watford have signed out-of-contract Liverpool striker Jerome Sinclair on a five-year deal.

The clubs have come to an agreement which will see the Merseysiders receive about £4m in compensation as a development fee applies.
Original post by Zayn is Bae
lol was gonna quote this the other day, Puke has said this every season

brb next season "so our strikers are Origi and Cameron Jerome with Ings as back up? Damn that's good"
Original post by difeo
brb next season "so our strikers are Origi and Cameron Jerome with Ings as back up? Damn that's good"

"Any Barça fans wanna talk about their strikers? Didn't think so..."
Original post by difeo
#ThrowbackThursday

Dat stalking game tho

Does FK teach you his skills when you go round to his after school? x
lol
thoughts @Lucio

Remember when he dissapeared after the Europa final, then came back and acted as if nothing had happened.
Original post by Jimmy Seville
thoughts @Lucio

Remember when he dissapeared after the Europa final, then came back and acted as if nothing had happened.

Was on holiday

Same when Liverpool lost to United last year

I take a lot of holidays pal
Original post by Lúco
Was on holiday

Same when Liverpool lost to United last year

I take a lot of holidays pal

Coincidental timing that.

Coincidental timing that.

I know
Funny isn't it?

#nicetrypal
Original post by Lúcio
I know
Funny isn't it?

#nicetrypal

Got any holidays coming up? Perhaps after we play you in September?
Got any holidays coming up? Perhaps after we play you in September?

Nah, probably not until around May time.

Will need to take time off work to celebrate properly when we win the (domestic) treble :wink:
Original post by Lúcio
Nah, probably not until around May time.

Will need to take time off work to celebrate properly when we win the (domestic) treble :wink:

Nah thought it was the UEFA, FA and Worthington Cups that was the domestic treble.

Still not as bad as Arsenal fans taking the piss out of two clubs that aren't in the CL next season that have actually won it.

Latest