The Student Room Group

Omg I hate working and having a job

Scroll to see replies

Original post by oShahpo
The only way out of slavery is to pursue something you're good at and that you like. If you don't have such thing, then only blame yourself.

Original post by Razamataz666
i think its very disrespectful to compare yourself to a slave. you dont know what its like to be transported for weeks in a cramped ship like sardines then to be sold to do excruciating labour for the rest of your life. you get paid, you have free time and luxuries. stop whining, i dont have any remorse for people like you. maybe you should have worked harder in school or follow a passion of yours. you reep what you sow.

Original post by Platopus
The harsh truth is that the only time when we don't have to work, we're either too young or too old to appreciate how lucky we are. Such is life.

Original post by Platopus
Look on the bright side, in another few decades you can retire. Or maybe you'll win the lottery or marry money before then :wink:

Original post by Inexorably
Yeah dis is why schools n colleges etc. all try to direct you towards a job you will enjoy as it will devour at least 35 hours of your week for 30+ years of your life :/

Original post by AsapRocky
One of the worst things to happen to me, basically a slave Im owned by the company. I dont see any difference between having a job and slavery. Im being held against my will, if I quit I do not eat thus I die.

Posted from TSR Mobile

To OP
Can i just point out that we have a welfare system in this country? I imagine im better placed to make a claim becaUse i have autism and schizophrenia, which really make it hard for me to work. Its crap to be honest when iim not working. . Really empty. I have no friends amd feel like a pariah 24/7. Rivht now im working in a charity case role for people like me and thats a little better tbh. I think your options are what i have (which i dont like), live moneyless somehow or work self employed or employed, or smith and wesson retirement plan.

If youre that upset, why not quit work and claim benefits? Oh yeah, because then you wouldnt have enough money to enslave other people into flying you on holiday, cleaning your hotel room when you go on holiday,etc. You also wouldnt have enough status etc to justify the wife/hubby you wanted. And your parents would hate you probably as would your old friends, especially if your claim was fraudulent.

The choices are there for you. Perhaps with your presumably better health than me, youd be able to get signed off and write a book or something with all the time youd have...not likely to work tho and youd probs just end up long term unemployed tbh...

This kid lost his childhood and your complaining and think your a slave?
Original post by oShahpo
The only way out of slavery is to pursue something you're good at and that you like. If you don't have such thing, then only blame yourself.

Sometimes it isn't the fault of the person, other factors can contribute towards a successful enjoyable career.
Then get a rich sugar daddy/mommy who will pay for you for a little something in return :sexface: I love working and I've been doing a menial labour for the past 2+ years and still enjoying it :gah: I can't even imagine myself just being some rich man's maiden :teehee:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 24
Original post by PrincessBO$$

This kid lost his childhood and your complaining and think your a slave?

Poor kid :frown: I think we have it much much better here in the west
Original post by Jacarch12
Sometimes it isn't the fault of the person, other factors can contribute towards a successful enjoyable career.

Well, life's tough.
One of the worst things to happen to me, basically a slave Im owned by the company. I dont see any difference between having a job and slavery. Im being held against my will, if I quit I do not eat thus I die.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You can look for more jobs on www.studentjobs.co.uk
or Learn to play a musical instrument, sing or become a songwriter. That would be a brilliant job but failing to do that sign up as a sugar baby with
www.Seekingarrangement.com
Get a rich, wealthy person to support you financially and you don't even have to sex them but you do have to be 18 + to join
Type Seeking Arrangement on You Tube to watch videos of other people who have made tons of money from it without having to do much
Or work as a film extra on this website below
[email protected]

My friend told me only 4 days ago that she got a job emptying envelopes all day through an agency. She said it gives her and all the other employees backache
Count yourself lucky your not doing that **** job
I would rather die than do that job, she's going backwards in life because that is a job a person who just left school or has no qualifications or an immigrant would take because they do not have many choices not someone born in this country. I have tried to help her by sending her good jobs by email and texting her about jobs like working in a Cinema, Catering, Carer, Admin, Receptionist, Trainee Recruitment Consultant,Train Assistant, Seeking Arrangement, film extra, working in a museum
but she does not bother to apply for any of them and would prefer to take that **** job but i will wait to see how long she lasts there

I did it many years ago when i was younger and had to give up after one day. I never went back and leaving was the best thing i ever did. It's really depressing, monotonous, pay is crap, there is no future in that
Has anyone ever heard of a more stupid job emptying envelopes ?
I used to fill envelopes not empty them and that was equally as bad
But the only good thing she did was go to an agency on the high street which i have been telling her to do for years but the only reason she did go was because the job centre keep making her do 2 week employabilty courses and she could not bare to go to anymore courses. But instead of going to a good agency like Reed or others that will find her a good job she chooses a **** agency that only specialize in getting people ****, low paid jobs like envelope emptying / filling
She has been applying for jobs for years with no luck but she would have got one years ago if she had gone to an agency on the high street like i told her to before

She would be perfect as a carer because she loves talking to old biddies and drinking tea and coffee all day which some care jobs only require doing that and I saw lots of live in carer jobs on Reed website that pay £500 a week and requires no experience or qualifications but it's in Surrey but she will not even apply even though it's a lot of money. Only today i got a call from that same care agency but i said i will be going to college to study music but i asked if i could contact them again when i know what my college hours are to do part time work or when my college course ends and to give their number and email to 2 friends or other people who might be interested. To be honest with you i'd rather do Seeking Arrangement than carer or other jobs.

And most live in care jobs don't require any experience or qualifications and pay
£500 + a week not every month so it's great money and miles better than envelope emptying or other jobs
When she text me her new job she got Monday is emptying envelopes I had to laugh. What a dumb ass and after only 4 days she's already complaining about it and how much it hurts her back
This reply was not meant to be so long
Reply 27
Currently being forced to get a job, an antisocial shut-in's worst nightmare :frown::frown::frown:
Reply 28
Original post by Teleport1
Then live how people back in the day lived. Buy a farm and work for yourself

This person is complaining about working a dead end job and your proposed solution is for them to purchase large amounts of land, property, animals, equipment and to pay other people to work for them.

I may be wrong but I'm sensing a flaw in the logic here

Posted from TSR Mobile

Find a job you love sweetheart. Until then, just work solidly so you can **** out of that place ASAP and travel for a bit. I'm working somewhere I hate atm while doing internships and saving and it's hell but I know it'll be worth it.
Reply 30
Original post by Judge Judy
You can look for more jobs on www.studentjobs.co.uk
or Learn to play a musical instrument, sing or become a songwriter. That would be a brilliant job but failing to do that sign up as a sugar baby with
www.Seekingarrangement.com
Get a rich, wealthy person to support you financially and you don't even have to sex them but you do have to be 18 + to join
Type Seeking Arrangement on You Tube to watch videos of other people who have made tons of money from it without having to do much
Or work as a film extra on this website below
[email protected]

My friend told me only 4 days ago that she got a job emptying envelopes all day through an agency. She said it gives her and all the other employees backache
Count yourself lucky your not doing that **** job
I would rather die than do that job, she's going backwards in life because that is a job a person who just left school or has no qualifications or an immigrant would take because they do not have many choices not someone born in this country. I have tried to help her by sending her good jobs by email and texting her about jobs like working in a Cinema, Catering, Carer, Admin, Receptionist, Trainee Recruitment Consultant,Train Assistant, Seeking Arrangement, film extra, working in a museum
but she does not bother to apply for any of them and would prefer to take that **** job but i will wait to see how long she lasts there

I did it many years ago when i was younger and had to give up after one day. I never went back and leaving was the best thing i ever did. It's really depressing, monotonous, pay is crap, there is no future in that
Has anyone ever heard of a more stupid job emptying envelopes ?
I used to fill envelopes not empty them and that was equally as bad
But the only good thing she did was go to an agency on the high street which i have been telling her to do for years but the only reason she did go was because the job centre keep making her do 2 week employabilty courses and she could not bare to go to anymore courses. But instead of going to a good agency like Reed or others that will find her a good job she chooses a **** agency that only specialize in getting people ****, low paid jobs like envelope emptying / filling
She has been applying for jobs for years with no luck but she would have got one years ago if she had gone to an agency on the high street like i told her to before

She would be perfect as a carer because she loves talking to old biddies and drinking tea and coffee all day which some care jobs only require doing that and I saw lots of live in carer jobs on Reed website that pay £500 a week and requires no experience or qualifications but it's in Surrey but she will not even apply even though it's a lot of money. Only today i got a call from that same care agency but i said i will be going to college to study music but i asked if i could contact them again when i know what my college hours are to do part time work or when my college course ends and to give their number and email to 2 friends or other people who might be interested. To be honest with you i'd rather do Seeking Arrangement than carer or other jobs.

And most live in care jobs don't require any experience or qualifications and pay
£500 + a week not every month so it's great money and miles better than envelope emptying or other jobs
When she text me her new job she got Monday is emptying envelopes I had to laugh. What a dumb ass and after only 4 days she's already complaining about it and how much it hurts her back
This reply was not meant to be so long

Are you for real, care jobs are not all that. First of all you have to have a strong stomach to cope with it. You literally have to wipe bums of old people all day long. I remember I had a reply from a care agency when I was 18, I was so bored I needed any job to fill my time.
So this care agency told me to start work straight away, then I was shown what to do like wiping poo of old people I felt sick to my stomach I then did a runner and left that job on my first day.
Yeh, jobs suck. Spending 40 hours (if you are lucky) making someone else even richer than you sucks. Doing something you hate because you have no other option sucks.

But hey, guess what, it's time to shut up, suck it up and take that big corporate dick right up your unlubed arse because that is how Capitalism works.

If you are looking for a nice succinct phrase to sum up the feeling of submitting to a life of drudgery and exploitation try 'Growing Up'.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Firstly, I appreciate where you're coming from, when I used to work retail I felt the same way. I don't know anything about you so I wont presume I have the answer you need, but what I can do is tell you what I'm doing about it.Its clear you're not happy in your job, and people will flame me for saying this but it's true, you need to get out of there. It's lowering your self esteem and ruining your life.

Fortunately for me, I hadn't moved out when this happened to me, so to much abuse from my parents, I quit my job and applied for a college course. If you have no where else to turn, maybe get a part time job to keep you alive while you study. Find a trade that interests you, maybe even something with options for university if you're feeling up to it. Since I had just hit 25, I was able to apply for a 25+ learner loan which covered my coarse fee's. 2 hard years later, I've passed my coarse and will be starting uni in September. Even if that doesn't work out, because I went back to college, I no longer have to look at crappy customer service jobs, I could be a welder, or a machinist. Hell I could even just invent something and sell it for money, I have options now!I highly recommend considering this. It'll get you out of that horrible dead end job, you'll have people to socialize with which will help lift you out of this stupor. It's not to late to apply somewhere, colleges tend to leave the books open until the last minute. I know its tough, but try to stay positive and don't give up, if I can do it so can you. This is your life, you're the one that matters, to hell with the rest of the world, live for you! Once you have a trade you can work for yourself, on your terms, work when you want only as long as you want to.

Hang in there, you'll get through this!
Original post by Jee1
Are you for real, care jobs are not all that. First of all you have to have a strong stomach to cope with it. You literally have to wipe bums of old people all day long. I remember I had a reply from a care agency when I was 18, I was so bored I needed any job to fill my time.
So this care agency told me to start work straight away, then I was shown what to do like wiping poo of old people I felt sick to my stomach I then did a runner and left that job on my first day.

Yes, I am for real because not all care jobs you have to clean their bums,
It depends on what company you work for as not all clients need bum washing, etc
And the company will tell you in the interview if you have to do this or not
I tried to do care work years ago, my sister got me the job at her work place and I did not have to clean any body. But I still hated it and left after 3 days. It made me feel depressed but some people like care jobs. I had a neighbour who said she loves her care job. But when i used to apply for them I made sure that any care job I applied for did not include wiping poo or much housework because i hate doing that too.
When My brother got a care job years later he always made sure he never cleaned their poo or cleaning their toilets, he always left it for the next person on shift so he got out of doing it like that. But he said one colleague said he didnt mind doing it because it's just a job and he would visit 6 clients or more in one day and get
£600 a week without living with them.
Another friend used to do it 3 times a day but decided to cut it down to only once a day and he makes enough money to live on by only doing it once a day for 1 hour, 7 days a week. He has a degree in engineering but when ever I tell him about other jobs or even engineering jobs he does not apply for them because his care job is easy and he does not have to work long hours. He has been doing it for 4 years.
But I must admit I did forget that most care jobs do include having to wipe clients bottoms but maybe some people don't mind doing that.
Also when I did catering jobs or waitress in a hotel I made sure the job description does not include cleaning. In the beginning for those 3 jobs I liked it then i began to hate it and would end up leaving
Reply 34
Original post by Razamataz666
i think its very disrespectful to compare yourself to a slave. you dont know what its like to be transported for weeks in a cramped ship like sardines then to be sold to do excruciating labour for the rest of your life. you get paid, you have free time and luxuries. stop whining, i dont have any remorse for people like you. maybe you should have worked harder in school or follow a passion of yours. you reep what you sow.

You are referring to the African slave trade... Guess what slavery existed both before and after that period and dud not involve ships

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 35
Original post by mojojojo101
Yeh, jobs suck. Spending 40 hours (if you are lucky) making someone else even richer than you sucks. Doing something you hate because you have no other option sucks.

But hey, guess what, it's time to shut up, suck it up and take that big corporate dick right up your unlubed arse because that is how Capitalism works.

If you are looking for a nice succinct phrase to sum up the feeling of submitting to a life of drudgery and exploitation try 'Growing Up'.

You are a bot who cant think for himself, look at you.. Accepting slavery and thinking it makes you grown up.. It doesnt it makes you a bot slave with bo bullox

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest