The Student Room Group

BMSc funding via SFE?

Hi,

Are BMSc course fees covered by SFE for English students? I.e. Would I still be eligible for the ÂŁ9k tuition fee loans; also, would this affect the remainder of my course upon my completion of the BMSc? Thanks.

P.s. Sorry if this is posted in the wrong section.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
Original post by indigobluesss
Hi,

Are BMSc course fees covered by SFE for English students? I.e. Would I still be eligible for the ÂŁ9k tuition fee loans; also, would this affect the remainder of my course upon my completion of the BMSc? Thanks.

P.s. Sorry if this is posted in the wrong section.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Is this talking about intercalation?

If so, yeh, SFE will fund you up to a maximum of 4 years. The remaining 2 years of the MBBS will be funded by the NHS. You'll never be in a situation where neither SFE or the NHS will fund a year of your course - the funding from the NHS is markedly more stingey though.
Original post by Beska
Is this talking about intercalation?

If so, yeh, SFE will fund you up to a maximum of 4 years. The remaining 2 years of the MBBS will be funded by the NHS. You'll never be in a situation where neither SFE or the NHS will fund a year of your course - the funding from the NHS is markedly more stingey though.

Yeah it is, your reply is immensely reassuring.

SFE will fund a max of 4 years? But with intercalating my overall years is pushed to 6?
Reply 3
Yeah it is, your reply is immensely reassuring.

SFE will fund a max of 4 years? But with intercalating my overall years is pushed to 6?

Yeh - the remaining two years not funded by SFE are funded by the NHS.
Original post by Beska
Yeh - the remaining two years not funded by SFE are funded by the NHS.

WHAT!

Funded as in = they're gonna pay my tuition fees? Not as in a loan? Omg you are the harbinger of good news!

I wonder why our school doesn't tell us all of this =_=
Reply 5
WHAT!

Funded as in = they're gonna pay my tuition fees? Not as in a loan? Omg you are the harbinger of good news!

I wonder why our school doesn't tell us all of this =_=

Years 1 to 4 -> SFE give you a tuition fee loan and a maintenance loan (plus or minus any maintenance grant).

Years 5 to 6 -> NHS fund your tuition fees (no loan) and give a variable amount of maintenance grant (but this is very hard to hard, it's means tested and the threshold is very low).

If your intercalation falls within the years 1 to 4 bracket (i.e. it's a BSc) it will be under the remit of SFE.

If it falls under the 5 to 6 bracket (i.e. it's a masters done after 4th year) the fees will be paid by NHS up to the total that they'd usually pay for an undergraduate degree (i.e. 9k).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending