The Student Room Group

Best game you've played since you started gaming?

This is a bit of a nostalgia thread, but the question is simple. Since you have been gaming what is the best/most memorable game that you have played? If you have more than one then do mention more! Also, if you have a favourite developer (e.g. Naughty Dog) then include that too.

Personally, the most memorable game I remember playing is TimeSplitter: Future Perfect. Crazy that it came out in 2005 :redface: As for the best developer, it has to be Bethesda. They produce the best open world games in my opinion!

As for the best game I have played recently, it has to be Witcher 3. The amount of detail in that game is just :adore:

Scroll to see replies

Metal Gear Solid 3. Closely followed by 2. Really difficult to choose between those. Just awesome.

I want to play Ocarina Of Time but dunno if it's worth buying an old N64 just for that. Any way to play on PC with my PS4 controller?
Borderlands 2, Skyrim, Read dead redemption
(edited 7 years ago)
No idea what the best game I have played is.
But I loved paper mario ttyd.
Mystery dungeon explorers of sky and the 2nd ranger game
South Park tsot. (This is coming from someone who doesnt watch south park the last time i watched it was like 5 years ago.
Skyrim.
Some indie games
And other triple a games/
Eden Eternal. Was one of those tab target free to play MMORPG's. It's my favourite and most played game because it was so much fun with all the people I met and it was quite challenging until later on with some of the updates. The developers games were so much more basic after it and quite frankly are rather boring except for playing with people on them, going to try their next game which is published in EN soon but unsure with it.
Oblivion /skyrim or WoW.. Even though level up was boring in WoW it was fun playing with real people and doing top level raids :smile:
Skyrim is definitely number 1. Takes hours to complete and the mods are never ending

Witcher 3, stunning graphics and gameplay mechanics
Spyro the dragon!!!!

Reply 8
I ****in loved spyro omggggg

And the SIms 2 is legendary.

Goddamnit now I wanna play the Sims 2 and waste my day.
Only video games I've ever really played are lemmings, sims 3 and sims 4. I enjoyed Sims 4 the most.

If you include all games, Candy Crush tops them all.
Reply 10
Original post by Wilfred Little
Metal Gear Solid 3. Closely followed by 2. Really difficult to choose between those. Just awesome.

I want to play Ocarina Of Time but dunno if it's worth buying an old N64 just for that. Any way to play on PC with my PS4 controller?

I tried so hard to get into the Metal Gear series but I'm just couldn't :frown: The story seemed really good though!

Original post by Alextaylor6
Borderlands 2, Skyrim, Read dead redemption 2

That hasn't been announced yet :colone: haha but yes Red Dead Redemption is a phenomenal game.
Reply 11
Original post by Platopus
Only video games I've ever really played are lemmings, sims 3 and sims 4. I enjoyed Sims 4 the most.

If you include all games, Candy Crush tops them all.

Would I be a bad human being if I said I have never played Candy Crush :colondollar:
Original post by Inexorably
I ****in loved spyro omggggg

And the SIms 2 is legendary.

Goddamnit now I wanna play the Sims 2 and waste my day.

I feel like we should be best friends - I love the sims! :hugs:used to play it non-stop for days in the summer holidays :rofl:
Reply 13
Old MMO's such as Lunia.
Fallout 4 is probably the best game i have played so far. Another honourable mention is red dead redemption, that game was amazing. That may change though as i've heard that fallout New Vegas is better than fallout 4 and i plan on playing that soon.
Medieval II total war, followed by wargame red dragon and victoria II.
Original post by PugDevil
I tried so hard to get into the Metal Gear series but I'm just couldn't :frown: The story seemed really good though!

That hasn't been announced yet :colone: haha but yes Red Dead Redemption is a phenomenal game.

Yeah lmao i just woke up sorry
Original post by PugDevil

Which one did you play?

I would strongly recommend purchasing the first MGS game for PS1 off ebay and working your way forward.

It really is a superb game.

In my opinion, 3 > 2 > 1 > 4 but all of them are 10/10 games. I haven't played 5 yet but bought them both this week, still on The Last of Us Remastered.
Reply 18
Original post by RossB1702
Fallout 4 is probably the best game i have played so far. Another honourable mention is red dead redemption, that game was amazing. That may change though as i've heard that fallout New Vegas is better than fallout 4 and i plan on playing that soon.

Fallout 4 is really good. I don't get the hate! Obviously the voiced protagonist is a major change, but I still think it was a great game at the end of the day. Settlement building had lots of potential but at the end I think it was a bit meh.

I bought New Vegas when it first came out and it was really buggy for absolutely ages so I ended up selling it but apparently they've patched most of the bugs. Quite a bit different to Fallout 3 and 4 but definitely worth picking up!
WOW by a million miles. Because of the social aspect, then its a bit more than just playing a game.

Quick Reply