The Student Room Group

Best game you've played since you started gaming?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Wilfred Little
Which one did you play?

I would strongly recommend purchasing the first MGS game for PS1 off ebay and working your way forward.

It really is a superb game.

In my opinion, 3 > 2 > 1 > 4 but all of them are 10/10 games. I haven't played 5 yet but bought them both this week, still on The Last of Us Remastered.

I think I played Metal Gear Solid 4? I almost completed it but then gave up for some reason! I probably should of started on a earlier game rather than jumped straight into 4. I played the demo for 5 and it was decent!
The simpsons hit & run
DBZ: Budokai Tenkaichi 2
Sims 3
Star Wars Battlefront 2
Disney Extreme Skateboarding (mainly for the soundtrack)
Buzz Junior Jungle Party
Spongebob Squarepants: Lights camera pants
Final fantasy 7-10
Mass effect 2
Kingdom Hearts 2
Bioshock Infinite
Pokemon Emerald+Diamond

Played way too many to pick 1 :colondollar:
(edited 7 years ago)
GTA - The only game I can remember playing.
Original post by PugDevil
Fallout 4 is really good. I don't get the hate! Obviously the voiced protagonist is a major change, but I still think it was a great game at the end of the day. Settlement building had lots of potential but at the end I think it was a bit meh.

I bought New Vegas when it first came out and it was really buggy for absolutely ages so I ended up selling it but apparently they've patched most of the bugs. Quite a bit different to Fallout 3 and 4 but definitely worth picking up!

Yeah i've been pondering whether to play fallout 3 but the graphics kinda put me off, i'm just too used to playing games with amazing graphics that fallout 3 just doesn't look good even though i've heard it was a great game. Guess that's kinda picky but the game did come out when i was like 8 to be fair. I think i'll eventually give it a try as the game download code did come free with my fallout 4 game.
Original post by Kwame502
The simpsons hit & run

yes!!! one of the best ps2 games.

This thread is making me want to sit down with my ps2 all night now :moon:
Rayman, Spyro Crash Bandicoot, Rumble Racers, Tekken 6 on PS1.
Pokemon Colosseum, Sonic adventure battles 2, Sonic Heroes on Gamecube.
Skyrim, Devil may cry 4, Call of duty MW2, Call of duty BO2 on Xbox 360.
Runescape PC.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 26
Original post by Kwame502
The simpsons hit & run
DBZ: Budokai Tenkaichi 2
Sims 3
Star Wars Battlefront 2
Disney Extreme Skateboarding (mainly for the soundtrack)
Buzz Junior Jungle Party
Spongebob Squarepants: Lights camera pantsFinal fantasy 7-10Mass effect 2Kingdom Hearts 2Bioshock InfinitePlayed way too many to pick 1 :colondollar:

Oh how I wish EA/DICE could make a game like that :unimpressed:

Did you like Mass Effect 3? I know a lot of people hated the ending! I remember all the controversy :colondollar:
Reply 27
Original post by RossB1702
Yeah i've been pondering whether to play fallout 3 but the graphics kinda put me off, i'm just too used to playing games with amazing graphics that fallout 3 just doesn't look good even though i've heard it was a great game. Guess that's kinda picky but the game did come out when i was like 8 to be fair. I think i'll eventually give it a try as the game download code did come free with my fallout 4 game.

Hmm, well personally I wouldn't say you'd be missing out on much if you didn't get Fallout 3. It was good at the time but it isn't the kind of game you have to play, like Skyrim! The graphical different between Fallout 3 and 4, especially the character models is quite insane!

Just checked and it came out 8 years ago... Crikey!
Dishonoured has always been a favourite of mine, the detail that has been put into that world is awesome.

Though for childhood nostalgia, Super Mario Galaxy is a strong contender.
Pokemon R/B/Y.
Reply 30
Did anyone ever play Super Smash Brothers or Mario Kart: Double Dash on the GameCube? Everyone should have played them games!!
Hmm, well personally I wouldn't say you'd be missing out on much if you didn't get Fallout 3. It was good at the time but it isn't the kind of game you have to play, like Skyrim! The graphical different between Fallout 3 and 4, especially the character models is quite insane!

Just checked and it came out 8 years ago... Crikey!

I played Skyrim a couple years ago but stopped playing as i just lost interest, i was gonna pick it back up until i heard it was being remastered and is coming out with added features in October this year. So I will most likely be buying that.
Reply 32
I played Skyrim a couple years ago but stopped playing as i just lost interest, i was gonna pick it back up until i heard it was being remastered and is coming out with added features in October this year. So I will most likely be buying that.

Yes, the Skyrim remastering is exciting :colone: Although I kind of wish they did Oblivion because that was my very first Elder Scrolls game!
Did anyone ever play Super Smash Brothers or Mario Kart: Double Dash on the GameCube? Everyone should have played them games!!

OMG yes! They were the center of my childhood treasured memories, i played them on my older brothers game cube which he gave to me after he got an xbox, i bashed the hell out of those two games with my twin brother for years. I completely forgot about them until you mentioned them just there, i always used to play Falco and he would play C.Falcon in super smash bros melee. Me and my twin brother were extremely competetive when we played and we would frequently fight after who won...Great memories!
This is a bit of a nostalgia thread, but the question is simple. Since you have been gaming what is the best/most memorable game that you have played? If you have more than one then do mention more! Also, if you have a favourite developer (e.g. Naughty Dog) then include that too.

Personally, the most memorable game I remember playing is TimeSplitter: Future Perfect. Crazy that it came out in 2005 :redface: As for the best developer, it has to be Bethesda. They produce the best open world games in my opinion!

As for the best game I have played recently, it has to be Witcher 3. The amount of detail in that game is just :adore:

Original post by HarrisxK
Skyrim is definitely number 1. Takes hours to complete and the mods are never ending

Witcher 3, stunning graphics and gameplay mechanics

Nice to see some Witcher love. My computer is not powerful enough to play the Witcher 3 so I am waiting till get I better machine. On the meantime, I am playing Witcher 2 and loving it. You guys should play it too!

Original post by Wilfred Little
Metal Gear Solid 3. Closely followed by 2. Really difficult to choose between those. Just awesome.
I want to play Ocarina Of Time but dunno if it's worth buying an old N64 just for that. Any way to play on PC with my PS4 controller?

It's not. Google "N64 emulator". I say no more. :wink:
Fallout 4 is probably the best game i have played so far. Another honourable mention is red dead redemption, that game was amazing. That may change though as i've heard that fallout New Vegas is better than fallout 4 and i plan on playing that soon.

New vegas is legendary. My favourite fallout game. It's very interesting because for some reasn everyon hated on it when it came out and thought FO3 was better, but it really isn't. The plot in FO NV is amazing. So much **** to discover in the world. Fallout 3 seems very bland in comparison. But just the same as judging just-gone prime ministers, we tend to view things harshly at first and see all the benefits in the longer term.

Red dead and Skyrim are good games, honourable mentions.

Dragon age series was awesome as was Dragon's Dogma.

Dead space 1/2 were fun. Really liked hardcore mode on dead space 2. I'm big into strategy games so I really enjoy/enjoyed Halo Wars, Dawn of War 1/2, Total War Warhammer, the command and conquer series. Age of wonders series. Civilisation 5.

Portal 2 was an awesome game. Left4dead 1 & 2 were both ****ing legendary and from that Vermintide too (it's a warhammer fantasy version of L4D).

I'm a fan of FPS and TPS at appropriate times though. Gears of war early games were great and they had a very novel multiplayer. COD World at War was my favourite COD. You couldn't quick-scope very easy, but long-term sniper battles were legit. I liked the map variety, how many cross-firing lines there were, and the sheer size of them. Halo Reach was good (Halos after were *****y tbh and I would only play for Forge mode). Vanquish was a game that was hugely slept on since it wasn't Western enough.

There were frankly too many good games. I can't come up with a 'best' one. Although I have played 4500hours of Dawn of War 2 Retribution, so in terms of sheer entertainment that has kept me going the longest.

There's a reason why I said on another thread if a girl had played nearly as many games as me and still looked remotely attractively she'd instantly have my heart xD

Dark Souls and BloodBorne were ****ING awesome games too!

I've also spent thousands of hours playing the accursed MMO Runescape. Game was what all the lads in my crew at high school played. We'd PK together. It was so good no matter what people say. And **** man, I love all the crazy changes they've done since to make combat a lot more interesting. Not to mention the graphics rock!

Also, every pokémon game. Nuzlockes with no item clauses make them all last for so damn long in terms of entertainment. And I love pokémon battling online!
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by TorpidPhil
New vegas is legendary. My favourite fallout game. It's very interesting because for some reasn everyon hated on it when it came out and thought FO3 was better, but it really isn't. The plot in FO NV is amazing. So much **** to discover in the world. Fallout 3 seems very bland in comparison. But just the same as judging just-gone prime ministers, we tend to view things harshly at first and see all the benefits in the longer term.

Red dead and Skyrim are good games, honourable mentions.

Dragon age series was awesome as was Dragon's Dogma.

Dead space 1/2 were fun. Really liked hardcore mode on dead space 2. I'm big into strategy games so I really enjoy/enjoyed Halo Wars, Dawn of War 1/2, Total War Warhammer, the command and conquer series. Age of wonders series. Civilisation 5.

Portal 2 was an awesome game. Left4dead 1 & 2 were both ****ing legendary and from that Vermintide too (it's a warhammer fantasy version of L4D).

I'm a fan of FPS and TPS at appropriate times though. Gears of war early games were great and they had a very novel multiplayer. COD World at War was my favourite COD. You couldn't quick-scope very easy, but long-term sniper battles were legit. I liked the map variety, how many cross-firing lines there were, and the sheer size of them. Halo Reach was good (Halos after were *****y tbh and I would only play for Forge mode). Vanquish was a game that was hugely slept on since it wasn't Western enough.

There were frankly too many good games. I can't come up with a 'best' one. Although I have played 4500hours of Dawn of War 2 Retribution, so in terms of sheer entertainment that has kept me going the longest.

There's a reason why I said on another thread if a girl had played nearly as many games as me and still looked remotely attractively she'd instantly have my heart xD

Dark Souls and BloodBorne were ****ING awesome games too!

I've also spent thousands of hours playing the accursed MMO Runescape. Game was what all the lads in my crew at high school played. We'd PK together. It was so good no matter what people say. And **** man, I love all the crazy changes they've done since to make combat a lot more interesting. Not to mention the graphics rock!

Yeah i ain't the biggest gamer so my experience is limited but i admire the passion you have for your games. Glad you've had fun playing them dude!
Reply 37
OMG yes! They were the center of my childhood treasured memories, i played them on my older brothers game cube which he gave to me after he got an xbox, i bashed the hell out of those two games with my twin brother for years. I completely forgot about them until you mentioned them just there, i always used to play Falco and he would play C.Falcon in super smash bros melee. Me and my twin brother were extremely competetive when we played and we would frequently fight after who won...Great memories!

haha that sounds very similar to my own experience, although instead of a brother it was my cousin! I so nearly bought a GameCube just to play those games. I can't remember the characters very well :frown: Bowser was always fun though!

Original post by Juichiro
Nice to see some Witcher love. My computer is not powerful enough to play the Witcher 3 so I am waiting till get I better machine. On the meantime, I am playing Witcher 2 and loving it. You guys should play it too!

Unfortunately I am a console peasant :colone: I would love to player Witcher 1 and 2 though. Witcher 3 should set the standard for the quality of DLC, but I don't think that is going to happen unfortunately :frown:
Yeah i ain't the biggest gamer so my experience is limited but i admire the passion you have for your games. Glad you've had fun playing them dude!

Well the 4500hours on DOW2 Retribution isn't for nothing. I'm #2 in the world atm on the leaderboards and held #1 for a good month. I only fallen due to inactivity, not to losses - not had time to play recently, been enjoying other games whenever I had free time.

I also have earnt about a grand from winning tournies in that game :biggrin:
I tried to begin gaming again now that exams are over. But recently, nothing because BT is ****ing ****. I can browse the internet all day. But the second I play a game, my internet starts disconnecting and reconnecting periodically.

I swear I want to walk into BT's headquarters and take a **** on their god damn desk.

Years ago I loved an old game called Chrono Trigger though
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest