Are you AS or A2?
A2 (one AS)

AS grades - DDU (dropped the U)
A2 predictions - BC (A-AS)
Offers- CC

What subjects are you taking?
AQA Sociology, WJEC ICT, AS WJEC Health and Social Care

How are your exams going?
They've not been the best, had surgery less than 2 weeks before my first exam (resit) and was unable to walk nor revise for that period of time as I was in hospital for that whole duration. Had surgery twice last academic year as well, so overall, my a levels have been an awful experience :/

Sociology resits- meh I guess, annoyed about the education unit 2 resit because the topics were already on last year and the year before ://

ICT resit- perfect couldn't have gone any better

Sociology unit 3- fab, 9 & 33 marker were just want I wanted and predicted so loved it.. 18 marker was a pain because I wasn't expecting it.. but it's only a smaller marker

ICT A2- awful, the questions were hell, hardest ICT exam I've ever sat :frown: doesn't help as I was sick twice during the exam and had to keep stopping and starting the exam to move to different rooms

Sociology unit 4- disaster..complete disaster.. when I was off 2 months prior to my surgery etc. My teacher 'forgot' to give me the material, after I constantly asked her to give me the material needed.. after months of begging she never gave it me..nor any of the revision guides..turned out what she didn't give me was on the exam... didn't write anything at all :frown:

To which university are you hoping to go to?
Robert Gordon in Aberdeen

To study what?
Mental Health Nursing

How are you feeling about results day?
Absolutely terrified, not only it's 2 days before my 18th birthday (20th aug) but I know my exams went awful so not expecting to get into uni this year at all... I've applied for special consideration but I really have no confidence that it's going to change much in my grades :frown: so I've got the feeling I need to defer for a year than resit everything again... ..again :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by CaitlinN15
Are you AS or A2?
A2 (one AS)

AS grades - DDU (dropped the U)
A2 predictions - BC (A-AS)
Offers- CC

AQA Sociology, WJEC ICT, AS WJEC Health and Social Care

How are your exams going?
They've not been the best, had surgery less than 2 weeks before my first exam (resit) and was unable to walk nor revise for that period of time as I was in hospital for that whole duration. Had surgery twice last academic year as well, so overall, my a levels have been an awful experience :/

Sociology resits- meh I guess, annoyed about the education unit 2 resit because the topics were already on last year and the year before ://

ICT resit- perfect couldn't have gone any better

Sociology unit 3- fab, 9 & 33 marker were just want I wanted and predicted so loved it.. 18 marker was a pain because I wasn't expecting it.. but it's only a smaller marker

ICT A2- awful, the questions were hell, hardest ICT exam I've ever sat :frown: doesn't help as I was sick twice during the exam and had to keep stopping and starting the exam to move to different rooms

Sociology unit 4- disaster..complete disaster.. when I was off 2 months prior to my surgery etc. My teacher 'forgot' to give me the material, after I constantly asked her to give me the material needed.. after months of begging she never gave it me..nor any of the revision guides..turned out what she didn't give me was on the exam... didn't write anything at all :frown:

To which university are you hoping to go to?
Robert Gordon in Aberdeen

To study what?
Mental Health Nursing

Absolutely terrified, not only it's 2 days before my 18th birthday (20th aug) but I know my exams went awful so not expecting to get into uni this year at all... I've applied for special consideration but I really have no confidence that it's going to change much in my grades :frown: so I've got the feeling I need to defer for a year than resit everything again... ..again :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

At least you're prepared for the eventual outcome ; don't feel too bad about having to retake either - I'm planning to retake as well if I don't get in and I'm somewhat looking forward to get the chance again to do better - as long as you're motivated then I'm sure you'll do a LOT better the second time around :smile: !!
Original post by fefssdf
At least you're prepared for the eventual outcome ; don't feel too bad about having to retake either - I'm planning to retake as well if I don't get in and I'm somewhat looking forward to get the chance again to do better - as long as you're motivated then I'm sure you'll do a LOT better the second time around :smile: !!

Yeah, thanks I appreciate it, a lot of people on TSR have said it's my fault that I've had surgery during college etc. But sometimes you have no choice and the hospital put you in and you have no say in the manner. .. sometimes I regret me having surgery.. but you know your health has got to come first sometimes.. and that's what I've had to do for the past 2 years unfortunately. I just feel cheated of my sociology unit 4 by my teachers though, I mean she 'forgot' to give me the material and after the exam took place she came to see me and said 'sorry I've messed you up,, I'm really really sorry'... and considering that was my last exam, it's not a nice feeling to end it on when teachers forget to give you material :frown:. And yeah exactly there's no current plans for me to have any more surgery etc next year so I'm able to take a year out, get a part time job and resit my A2 exams again. . And I'll obviously feel emotionally, physically better so I'll be in a much better position to get better grades so I'm not too bothered. . I just wanted to go to Scotland as soon as possible due to other personal issues where I currently live.. that's the problem I only have. Apart from that.. yeah I'm quite looking forward to having one more chance to get into uni ahah.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Are you AS or A2?
A2

Biology, chemistry, physics, maths, general studies, plus further maths AS

To which university are you hoping to go?
UCL

To study which subject?
Natural sciences

If applicable, what were your AS grades?
AAAAAA

What grades are required for your desired degree?
A*AA

What grades are you predicted?
A*A*A*A*A(general studies)a

How did your exams go?
Mostly good except M2 which is gonna bring my further maths grade all the way down lmao. Probs expecting something like A*A*A*AAc if I'm optimistic. Really not sure lol

Feel like I've met my offer, so not really stressed just kinda waiting for it to see if I did as well As I hope I have lol
Original post by hopefuldentist10
Is it true that teachers know their students results / are emailed the grades before we even open the envelopes??????

That would be SO unnerving....
who do you think stuffs the envelopes?
Is it possible to still get an A although A grades are achieved at AS and some in A2 with some B grades?
please tell me I'm not the only one who's firm and insurance want the same grades.
Reply 367
Original post by fefssdf
please tell me I'm not the only one who's firm and insurance want the same grades.

My insurance technically want higher grades but my firm has given me a reduced offer and won't go lower but my insurance will go up to 3 lower. It really depends on the situation.
Original post by fefssdf

My firm and insurance want CC so you're not the only one aha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Aph
My insurance technically want higher grades but my firm has given me a reduced offer and won't go lower but my insurance will go up to 3 lower. It really depends on the situation.

my firm wants AAA and they said you HAVE to get those grades and my insurance wants AAA but told me they'll accept A*AB... terrified
Original post by CaitlinN15
My firm and insurance want CC so you're not the only one aha

Posted from TSR Mobile

hopefully one will be more lenient and I'll magically get in ... or not
Original post by fefssdf
hopefully one will be more lenient and I'll magically get in ... or not

It's impossible for me to get CC for uni this year..completley impossible aha.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 372
Original post by fefssdf
my firm wants AAA and they said you HAVE to get those grades and my insurance wants AAA but told me they'll accept A*AB... terrified

Good luck!!! I'm sure you'll be fine
AS
Politics, RE, history and law.
Hoping to go to UCL, LSE or Bristol
To study international relations or European Studies
Predicted AAAB
Exams went well apart from one of the RE ones
I'm really excited for results day
:smile:
Had my first results day dream last night. I got BCD and missed out on both my offers (ABB and 280 UCAS points/BCC) and started working in a local clothes shop. My worst nightmare! I hate working in retail. :cry:
wen you think you ouldnt have a results day / exams dream and you dream that you messed up one of the only exams you felt good about
Original post by GabbytheGreek_48
wen you think you ouldnt have a results day / exams dream and you dream that you messed up one of the only exams you felt good about

Ah. I have those as well.
Original post by fefssdf

ABB for both of mine, but my firm is more lenient. I haven't even applied for accommodation or anything at my insurance!
Reply 378
Original post by Edminzodo
ABB for both of mine, but my firm is more lenient. I haven't even applied for accommodation or anything at my insurance!

You can apply for insurance accommodation? Most unis don't do that...

Found out that my results day is 8:30 :frown: so as soon as track updates I have to be go to school
Original post by Aph
You can apply for insurance accommodation? Most unis don't do that...

Found out that my results day is 8:30 :frown: so as soon as track updates I have to be go to school

Oh, my insurance kept sending me emails to apply for accommodation but I'm not sure if they differentiate.

And ugh, that's awful! I get my results at 7, thank goodness. Will you be able to check on the way to school?

Quick Reply

Latest