The Student Room Group

Flatmates / Roommates in Falmouth/Penryn?

Hello people,

It looks like I'm going to be studying at Falmouth University in september, and Im looking for 1 or 2 people to share a flat with!

Im still actively looking for a place to stay, but I hope that it will be more effective when there are one or two other people to live with / help with the search.

I dont really care too much about who I live with aslong as you're friendly, down to earth and (preferably) not a party animal. If you got any other qualifications thats a bonus.

Spoiler

Until then, Cheers.
Reply 1
Push
Reply 2
Push
Reply 3
Push
Reply 4
Original post by Galaxie501
Hello people,

It looks like I'm going to be studying at Falmouth University in september, and Im looking for 1 or 2 people to share a flat with!

Im still actively looking for a place to stay, but I hope that it will be more effective when there are one or two other people to live with / help with the search.

I dont really care too much about who I live with aslong as you're friendly, down to earth and (preferably) not a party animal. If you got any other qualifications thats a bonus.

Spoiler

Until then, Cheers.

:biggrin: I'm staying in the Glansleyhalls at Penryn but studying at Falmouth!
Did you not apply for accommodation via FXPlus?
Some people are getting their results and things now, so you might have a chance to get a room if you apply now. :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by omfgalib
:biggrin: I'm staying in the Glansleyhalls at Penryn but studying at Falmouth!
Did you not apply for accommodation via FXPlus?
Some people are getting their results and things now, so you might have a chance to get a room if you apply now. :smile:

Thx for the reply. I'll have to check out FXPlus. Believe it or not, but I didnt come across that for some reason. :afraid:

I wanna make sure that I get to know some new people before the course starts. Dont wanna come there an know absolutely no one.

When are you going to move to Falmouth?
Reply 6
Thx for the reply. I'll have to check out FXPlus. Believe it or not, but I didnt come across that for some reason. :afraid:

I wanna make sure that I get to know some new people before the course starts. Dont wanna come there an know absolutely no one.

When are you going to move to Falmouth?

Yeah, there's FXPlus, which is Uni owned accommodation, but if you don't get offered a place, look up the Falmouth and Penryn Student Pad. (private accommodation). It's been open for applications, for quite a while, so there's no guarantees of anything though!

http://www.fxplus.ac.uk/accommodation
http://www.falmouthpenrynstudentpad.co.uk/Accommodation

I'm moving in somewhere between 8th and 11th September. Depends on what day I'm free really, and I already live in North Cornwall, so I'm close enough to get a lift down. (too much to commute every day though, as the public transport round here is not good)

The freshers events start on the 12th, so I'm told. So there'll be lots of opportunities to make friends I guess. :smile:
Reply 7
Yeah, there's FXPlus, which is Uni owned accommodation, but if you don't get offered a place, look up the Falmouth and Penryn Student Pad. (private accommodation). It's been open for applications, for quite a while, so there's no guarantees of anything though!

http://www.fxplus.ac.uk/accommodation
http://www.falmouthpenrynstudentpad.co.uk/Accommodation

I'm moving in somewhere between 8th and 11th September. Depends on what day I'm free really, and I already live in North Cornwall, so I'm close enough to get a lift down. (too much to commute every day though, as the public transport round here is not good)

The freshers events start on the 12th, so I'm told. So there'll be lots of opportunities to make friends I guess. :smile:

Thanks. I gotta move 1200km from another EU country, and its pretty tedious to get to Falmouth, lol.

Ive checked out studentpad multiple times. They've got some nice offers, some of which are cheaper than the campus/uni accomodation.

When does your course start? Mine starts on September 1st. EDIT: UCAS says the course starts on September 1st, but the Falmouth page says Study Block one commences on the 12th.

Guess Im pretty lost.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 8
Thanks. I gotta move 1200km from another EU country, and its pretty tedious to get to Falmouth, lol.

Ive checked out studentpad multiple times. They've got some nice offers, some of which are cheaper than the campus/uni accomodation.

When does your course start? Mine starts on September 1st. EDIT: UCAS says the course starts on September 1st, but the Falmouth page says Study Block one commences on the 12th.

Guess Im pretty lost.

UCAS says the 1st, because that's like an estimate for all the similar courses.
When we officially start learning? Well apparently lectures and things first start in October. You're better off following the information from Falmouth uni itself, and asking them when your course starts!
We get at least a fortnight to settle in, with lots of freshers events on, but we all should've moved in by 12th of September, no matter the course!
I'll be on the Fine Art (BA-Hons) course.
Can you drive at all? If you're from another country, I'm not sure if you'll have to re-take your licence. A lot of student houses apparently don't have parking space, so make sure to look up the bus routes before deciding on a place to stay.
For the commute, google maps is great, but add an extra 15 minutes or so onto the time it takes (as we have a traffic cone festival all year round.). :smile:
But with getting private accommodation down here, there's not a lot of advice I can give you, since I'm not experienced in that area.
And if you're from abroad, you probably don't have to pay a tv licence, right? Well, if you want a t.v in your bedroom down here, that's something I'd ask the land lord about when you apply for that house.
Do you have twitter? Because the Falmouth student union have helped a lot of people with their questions:
https://twitter.com/FXUtweet
Often quicker than waiting for a response from admin at the uni. :smile:
Reply 9
UCAS says the 1st, because that's like an estimate for all the similar courses.
When we officially start learning? Well apparently lectures and things first start in October. You're better off following the information from Falmouth uni itself, and asking them when your course starts!
We get at least a fortnight to settle in, with lots of freshers events on, but we all should've moved in by 12th of September, no matter the course!
I'll be on the Fine Art (BA-Hons) course.
Can you drive at all? If you're from another country, I'm not sure if you'll have to re-take your licence. A lot of student houses apparently don't have parking space, so make sure to look up the bus routes before deciding on a place to stay.
For the commute, google maps is great, but add an extra 15 minutes or so onto the time it takes (as we have a traffic cone festival all year round.). :smile:
But with getting private accommodation down here, there's not a lot of advice I can give you, since I'm not experienced in that area.
And if you're from abroad, you probably don't have to pay a tv licence, right? Well, if you want a t.v in your bedroom down here, that's something I'd ask the land lord about when you apply for that house.
Do you have twitter? Because the Falmouth student union have helped a lot of people with their questions:
https://twitter.com/FXUtweet
Often quicker than waiting for a response from admin at the uni. :smile:

Nope, I dont have a drivers licence yet but I might do one while Im there, depending on how things go and whether Germany accepts UK licenses once they're out of the EU.

I've heard about the TV license but unlike an internet connectio thats one of my lesser priorities (will prolly figure it out once I settled in).

I dont have twitter because it feels like a messy clunky desk of notes, lol. I can however check some of their tweets once in a while.

Anyway, thanks for the insight. Feel free to refer anyone you know to this thread.

Cheers.
Hello have you found already accommodation. If not I am interested in your advise. I am looking for something asap.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending