The Student Room Group

Degree courses a waste of taxpayers money?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/education/2016/06/30/thousands-of-graduates-working-as-lollipop-ladies-factory-worker/

The article suggests that many probably are as the graduates stand little chance of ever paying the money back.

Discuss Nomarks
No
Reply 2
Original post by Danny the Geezer
No
Touched a raw nerve Geezer? Those lollipop 'Stop' signs don't hold themselves up in the middle of the road

Seriously though, I can tell that stint in the Uni Debating Society did not go to waste.
Oh dear, don't tell students that. They'll run for their safe space. The honest truth is that their are a great deal of degrees that should be axed but their are still fools will pay for these degrees so I guess that hope is out of the window. Give it a minute and one of them will come along, ranting how their £45K in debt to study fine art is worth tax payers money, even if they go on to never work or use that degree.
People who know the price of everything but the value of nothing:facepalm:
Reply 5
Original post by marco14196
Oh dear, don't tell students that. They'll run for their safe space. The honest truth is that their are a great deal of degrees that should be axed but their are still fools will pay for these degrees so I guess that hope is out of the window. Give it a minute and one of them will come along, ranting how their £45K in debt to study fine art is worth tax payers money, even if they go on to never work or use that degree.

The thing is though that they won't pay for them. Or at least all of the so-called loan. Ultimately (other?) taxpayers will because they won't earn enough to have to pay it back
Reply 6
Or just maybe it's the poor state of the job market combined with stagnated wages that are responsible for the lack of money being recouperated via this loan.

But no let's jump straight to blaming students.
Original post by viffer
Touched a raw nerve Geezer? Those lollipop 'Stop' signs don't hold themselves up in the middle of the road

Seriously though, I can tell that stint in the Uni Debating Society did not go to waste.

Looks like you're the one who's a little "touched"...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending