The Student Room Group

Swedish Police Release 'Don't Touch Me' Wristbands to Fight Migrant Sex Assaults

A Swedish police report released last month noted that the country had the worst rates of sexual violence against women in Europe. The report acknowledged migrants were responsible for the bulk of the problem but the police were accused of making excuses for the perpetrators.

The press release announced that police intend to equip young women with wristbands with the slogan “don’t touch me”. This will happen over the summer, at festivals and other events for young people. “By wearing these wristbands,” Sweden’s police chief said, “young women will be able to make a stand”.

It is unclear how effective the wristbands, which read “don’t touch me” in Swedish, will be in preventing attacks, as the majority of sex attack perpetrators are thought to be recent migrants who are unlikely to be able to read them.

http://www.breitbart.com/london/2016/06/30/wristbands-stop-sex-attacks/

Thoughts?

Scroll to see replies

I'm sure those armbands will stop the migrants from raping and molesting by cutting through their millenia old heritage of thinking of women as worthless chattel.
Reply 2
Original post by physicsphysics91
A Swedish police report released last month noted that the country had the worst rates of sexual violence against women in Europe. The report acknowledged migrants were responsible for the bulk of the problem but the police were accused of making excuses for the perpetrators.

The press release announced that police intend to equip young women with wristbands with the slogan “don’t touch me”. This will happen over the summer, at festivals and other events for young people. “By wearing these wristbands,” Sweden’s police chief said, “young women will be able to make a stand”.

It is unclear how effective the wristbands, which read “don’t touch me” in Swedish, will be in preventing attacks, as the majority of sex attack perpetrators are thought to be recent migrants who are unlikely to be able to read them.

http://www.breitbart.com/london/2016/06/30/wristbands-stop-sex-attacks/

Thoughts?

This is the stupidest thing I've read today.
Sweden's rape reporting system differs from that of other countries, the claims that it is the "rape capital of Europe" has already been debunked, as have the claims that rapes and sexual assaults in Sweden and Norway all come from migrants (or almost all).

Victims and potential victims of sexual assault shouldn't be the ones to "fight it". The rules of consent should be taught thoroughly from the age when sex education is taught and harsher penalties for convicted rapists (here it can be as few as 3 years for "non-serious rape").
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by WBZ144
Sweden's rape reporting system differs from that of other country's the claims that it is the "rape capital of Europe" has already been debunked, as have the claims that rapes and sexual assaults in Sweden and Norway all come from migrants (or almost all).

It would certainly be fairly incredible if almost all rapes, or even a small majority, or even a large minority of rapes in Sweden were committed by migrants, given that they make up a pretty small percentage of the population. I think what people generally believe though is that migrants are more likely to rape than the rest of the population.

Original post by WBZ144

Victims and potential victims of sexual assault shouldn't be the ones to "fight it". The rules of consent should be taught thoroughly from the age when sex education is taught and harsher penalties for convicted rapists (here it can be as few as 3 years for "non-serious rape":wink:.

How are you going to teach the people coming into the country who are too old for school but most likely to rape?
Original post by KingBradly
It would certainly be fairly incredible if almost all rapes, or even a small majority, or even a large minority of rapes in Sweden were committed by migrants, given that they make up a pretty small percentage of the population. I think what people generally believe though is that migrants are more likely to rape than the rest of the population.

How are you going to teach the people coming into the country who are too old for school but most likely to rape?

That would be for non-migrants or migrants of school age who are potential sex offenders. Norway is currently doing workshops for people who migrate there, but they are not compulsory. Introducing compulsory consent workshops for those who are too old for school, which highlight harsh consequences for anyone found guilty of sexual assault would be helpful.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 6
I'm honestly stunned and sickened after reading that article. The police are simply going to hand out wristbands; I have no words for this level of stupidity.
This report is waysist.
Reply 8
It's sad that the Sweden that was once admired has come to this, but they only have themselves to blame.
Original post by WBZ144
That would be for non-migrants or migrants of school age who are potential sex offenders. Norway is currently doing workshops for people who migrate there, but they are not compulsory. Introducing compulsory consent workshops for those who are too old for school, which highlight harsh consequences for anyone found guilty of sexual assault would be helpful.

Perhaps. It's certainly worth a shot. But many of these people have spent their entire lives in countries where women who don't cover their heads are considered whores, and as such so are most women outside of the Islamic world, and perhaps especially Western women. In many middle eastern countries women are pretty much viewed as vessels for producing babies. They're considered so simply as sex objects that they must be entirely covered up, because their whole being is viewed as being entirely sexually explicit. I'm not sure any amount of lessons will cut through that kind of indoctrination. I'm sure they understand that what they're doing is viewed as wrong by our society, especially when they see the news, or when their victims are screaming and crying. I just don't think they care, and no amount of education will change that.
This is silly.

"Don't rape me!" wristbands would be more effective.
Original post by animus1
I'm honestly stunned and sickened after reading that article. The police are simply going to hand out wristbands; I have no words for this level of stupidity.

Welcome to the left wing.
This argument is similar to the gun control argument, that if you disarm citizens crime will go down, which completely failed in Jamaica, Somalia, Ireland and Venezuela, so let's see how the rape rate will change now that the refugees see the Beautiful blue eyed, blonde haired Swedish girls wearing a wristband saying don't rape me.
When the women in Sweden continue to get raped by muslim migrants, they will be blamed for not wearing the wristbands.
"Well I was going to rape that Swedish woman" said Ahmed, "But then I saw the wristband and I was like aw, snap! It's super effective! So I found a woman without a wristband and raped her instead."

Later that day the woman Ahmed raped came forward to the police. On hearing the description of her attacker, however, the police decided not to investigate as they were worried they might look racist. They instead decided to hand the victim a wristband and sent her on her way, now protected by the powerful anti-rape forcefield it emits.

True story.
Reply 15
Utterly bonk hers imo

About as stupid as that silly fool who is promoting wearing a safety pin to indicate immigrants are welcome. The clear implication that anyone unwilling to pierce holes in their clothing with a nappy pin is a racist bigot who wants all non-indigenous looking people to foxtrot oscar to where it looks like they come from. I face-palmed myself so hard I got a headache
Original post by KingBradly
Perhaps. It's certainly worth a shot. But many of these people have spent their entire lives in countries where women who don't cover their heads are considered whores, and as such so are most women outside of the Islamic world, and perhaps especially Western women. In mtany middle eastern countries women are pretty much viewed as vessels for producing babies. They're considered so simply as sex objects that they must be entirely covered up, because their whole being is viewed as being entirely sexually explicit. I'm not sure any amount of lessons will cut through that kind of indoctrination. I'm sure they understand that what they're doing is viewed as wrong by our society, especially when they see the news, or when their victims are screaming and crying. I just don't think they care, and no amount of education will change that.

I have lived in the Middle East and that's a very broad generalisation. For an example, you cannot compare Saudi women to Lebanese and Jordanian women. While the latter still have issues with discrimination, many do not cover, they do not need male guardians to travel and go out and they work in pretty much every field that men work in. The issue is that the honour culture still exists, especially in the rural parts of these countries. That may stop women from reporting rape and sexual assault because they worry about bringing shame to their families.
Original post by WBZ144
Sweden's rape reporting system differs from that of other country's the claims that it is the "rape capital of Europe" has already been debunked, as have the claims that rapes and sexual assaults in Sweden and Norway all come from migrants (or almost all).

Victims and potential victims of sexual assault shouldn't be the ones to "fight it". The rules of consent should be taught thoroughly from the age when sex education is taught and harsher penalties for convicted rapists (here it can be as few as 3 years for "non-serious rape":wink:.

3X0KnbH.jpg
Original post by Jebedee
3X0KnbH.jpg

Why does the wink smiley come up when people quote me? It's not in my post and is totally inappropriate.
Felt sick to my teeth reading this.

How stupid can the Swedish police get? They should be giving out pepper spray or something!

Latest

Trending

Trending