The Student Room Group

Belly piercing... Yay or nay?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by drowzee
I'm 90% sure I will get it done tomorrow :h: You should get it done asap too :biggrin:

I am far from what you have described. I was the studious 14 year old with braces and glasses :colonhash:

Why not? :frown:

I want to!*
Original post by Andy98
I'm not into piercings so I'm probably not the best opinion

Posted from TSR Mobile

same :lol:

Spoiler

Yes I'm getting one :colone:
Its soo pretty. Especially if the piercing has an anchor
Original post by drowzee
I've been thinking of getting one... Now I'm having doubts. I think they look nice, but they can look trashy at times. What are your thoughts?

instant turn off. Just focus on staying natural.
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
Was considering getting one over a nipple piercing but I've heard it can be very nasty if its gets infected.

If you have a toned stomach they look really nice. If you have a belly like I do then it looks weird :colonhash:

If you have a toned one, I would not hestitate and do that. If it is not toned, I would tend to think about alternatives. Maybe ear piercings instead?*
I wouldn't do it. But its your body and your choice.
Yeah it should look good:biggrin:
Original post by drowzee
I've been thinking of getting one... Now I'm having doubts. I think they look nice, but they can look trashy at times. What are your thoughts?

Contrary to belief, belly piercings are not "sexy" to guys, I personally think they are ugly and prefer a girl all natural
Original post by PrincessBO$$
Yes I'm getting one :colone:
Its soo pretty. Especially if the piercing has an anchor

That is one of the ugliest things I have seen in a long time, disgusting
Why to women get nipple piercings? Im curious.
I find them unattractive on other girls but it's so insignificant. I'd rather someone get it because it makes them happy then not because I don't generally like them.
Reply 51
Original post by drowzee

They can look hot. Even I might get one.
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
Yeah you should go for it

but

just

don't let it get....

Spoiler

aaand that's enough TSR for tonight
:puke:
Original post by drowzee
I am far from what you have described. I was the studious 14 year old with braces and glasses :colonhash:

All rules have exceptions

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yay- I really like them, only on a toned stomach though.
If you're that worried about what other people think maybe you're not mature enough to have a piercing?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by myblueheaven339
If you're that worried about what other people think maybe you're not mature enough to have a piercing?

Posted from TSR Mobile

This sort of thing annoys me, everyone cares to some extent what other people think of them. Don't try and make someone feel like a baby because they care

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by drowzee
I'm 17, almost 18. I'm definitely old enough. I definitely want to get one now :biggrin:

They're so hot, you'll be a sexy mama.
Original post by Underscore__
This sort of thing annoys me, everyone cares to some extent what other people think of them. Don't try and make someone feel like a baby because they care

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm not trying to make anyone feel like a baby. Personally I think that if you're worried that people will see you as "trashy" because of a piercing then that demonstrates either a lack of maturity of some kind of insecurity. Seeking validation from others, especially strangers on the internet further backs up my point.

If the OP wants a belly button piercing and is sure that they can properly tend to it afterwards to prevent rejection/infection etc then that is all they need to know about whether or not they should get one. Someone else labelling you as one thing or the other shouldn't matter as it says more about them than you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
If you're going to get it done, please go to somewhere professional and clean and check with your parents if you're under 16. It's better to pay a slightly higher price to get it done in a hygienic way in a safe environment than to pay less to get it done in a cheap, unclean place.

I only know this because my cousin went to get her belly button piercing done, didn't ask her parents and went to a cheap tattoo parlour down the road. Needless to say, the piercing got infected, she went to the doctor's and was diagnosed with septicemia. Luckily she's on antibiotics and will hopefully be making a full recovery but she was lucky she found out when she did!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending