The Student Room Group

Preparing for Maths, Physics, Computer Science and Chemistry at A/AS level

I was wondering if anyone had any advice for preparing for Maths, Physics, Computer Science and Chemistry at A level? Maybe some books or good Youtube channels? This is because I would like to be prepared before September, so hopefully this will ease me into these A levels.

I would particularly appreciate some help for preparing for Computer Science, as I have only done ICT at GCSE and haven't previously done any coding. I am going to try and teach myself to code in Python (the programming language that my college will use) over the summer, so that I'm at least a bit familiar with it in September.

Reply 1
Original post by nerdyminion
I was wondering if anyone had any advice for preparing for Maths, Physics, Computer Science and Chemistry at A level? Maybe some books or good Youtube channels? This is because I would like to be prepared before September, so hopefully this will ease me into these A levels.

I would particularly appreciate some help for preparing for Computer Science, as I have only done ICT at GCSE and haven't previously done any coding. I am going to try and teach myself to code in Python (the programming language that my college will use) over the summer, so that I'm at least a bit familiar with it in September.

Just relax over the summer and enjoy your break whilst you still can. For Comp Sci, you could try going on CodeAcademy to learn Python and also use this pdf book. Other than that, don't try to do too much since everyone will start from scratch in September.
Reply 2
Original post by kkboyk
Just relax over the summer and enjoy your break whilst you still can. For Comp Sci, you could try going on CodeAcademy to learn Python and also use this pdf book. Other than that, don't try to do too much since everyone will start from scratch in September.

Thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending