The Student Room Group

Math, further math, additional further math.

Does the exam board automatically cash in my modules in the best way or do I need to contact them?
Original post by Religion
Does the exam board automatically cash in my modules in the best way or do I need to contact them?

Best 3 go forward for each subject respectively, some can get juggled between Maths/FM. Rest get trashed.
Reply 2
Original post by RDKGames
Best 3 go forward for each subject respectively, some can get juggled between Maths/FM. Rest get trashed.

What do you mean best 3 go forward for each subject? If with rearranging, I can get a maximum of A*A*B, I should get that right?
What do you mean best 3 go forward for each subject? If with rearranging, I can get a maximum of A*A*B, I should get that right?

Best 3 for each subject. Normal maths takes priority so you cannot rearrange.
Reply 4
Best 3 for each subject. Normal maths takes priority so you cannot rearrange.

There are 6 modules each, so best 3 maths, next best fm and 6-9 best go to additional further? Doesn't make sense, can someone confirm?
There are 6 modules each, so best 3 maths, next best fm and 6-9 best go to additional further?

Never heard of additional further, but yes that's right. Might want to contact the exam board just in case as they could do it differently, but this is the general case for Edexcel and AQA. 6 modules each over 2 years.
Reply 6
Never heard of additional further, but yes that's right. Might want to contact the exam board just in case as they could do it differently, but this is the general case for Edexcel and AQA. 6 modules each over 2 years.

I thought C3 and C4 always go to Maths, and FP2 always goes to further maths, the rest can be rearranged anyway. Am I wrong?
I thought C3 and C4 always go to Maths, and FP2 always goes to further maths, the rest can be rearranged anyway. Am I wrong?

C1-4 is strictly Maths, FP1-4 is strictly FM. Decision, Mechanics and Statistics modules can swap around (although D1, M1 and S1 cant be used for A2 I think) You don't have to do all the FP modules if you dont want to, in which case you'd need an M, S or D module to put in place there.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 8
C1-4 is strictly Maths, FP1-4 is strictly FM. Decision, Mechanics and Statistics modules can swap around (although D1, M1 and S1 cant be used for A2 I think)

Maybe Edexcel and AQA are different? I thought C1, C2, FP1, FP3 can be swapped to any other one.
Is this a troll thread?
Religion Vs The Pope?!
Maybe Edexcel and AQA are different? I thought C1, C2, FP1, FP3 can be swapped to any other one.

Are you saying you think and FP module can replace a Core module? No. FP is Further Pure Core, which is a step above Core just from the wording. You need Core to do FP, hence you can't interchange them with FP
Reply 11
Original post by ODES_PDES
Is this a troll thread?
Religion Vs The Pope?!

Help us find the answer.
Help us find the answer.

I will be back when "I see the light"
Help us find the answer.

What exam board are you even doing?
Reply 14
What exam board are you even doing?

Edexcel.
Edexcel.

Well it's confusing enough with FM/Maths. All you need to know is that for normal maths, C1-4 can't be moved anywhere. Assuming there is no restrain on modules for additional further maths, I'd say the rest of the modules can be swapped between Maths, FM and AFM, while prioritising Maths then Further Maths.
Allowable combinations of units are clearly explained in the specification on the examiners web site.

http://qualifications.pearson.com/en/qualifications/edexcel-a-levels/mathematics-2008.html

C1-4 have to be in maths that must also include any 2 from D1M1orS1 or a matched pair D1&2 M1&2 or S1&2
FP1 has to be in FM as does at least one from FP2 or 3. Otherwise anything can go anywhere.
Modules are automatically combined to give the best possible grades providing cash in entries have been done correctly. They prioritise the maths grade first, then further maths next and AFM last.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest