The Student Room Group

Tony Blair to the rescue! Former PM hints that HE could help negotiate Britain's exit

Tony Blair has hinted that he would like to help out with negotiations over Britain's departure from the EU - saying it will require 'serious statesmanship'.

The former prime minister warned the 'nation is in peril' and suggested Brexiteers should 'reach out' to people who could get a 'high level' sense of what European leaders would be willing to agree.

'There is going to be a negotiation of extraordinary complexity where there are a thousand devils in every detail,' Mr Blair wrote in the Daily Telegraph.

'Those we used to call "our European partners" are, unsurprisingly, divided and uncertain themselves.'

Read More:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3669660/Tony-Blair-rescue-Former-PM-drops-extraordinary-hint-help-negotiate-Britain-s-exit-EU.html

(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

I don't want Blair anywhere near the negotiations.
Reply 2
Wow this must be the first time I've ever seen anyone use the phrase "Tony Blair to the rescue". Ever.
Reply 3
We don't want that imbecile anywhere near the negotiations!
Reply 4
The only place he should be is the ICC! He is a ballbag murderer and George Bush's mistress!
Reply 5
He's a wretched little creature.
Reply 6
Tony Blair does not care about the interests of the people of the UK. The only reason why he wanted us to stay in the EU is because he has a job in EU parliament. Now he is out of a job and all of a sudden he "cares".
Reply 7
jewishpuppetgovenrment.jpg
Yeaaa-no thanks.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
"Hi, I'm Tony Blair and I'm here to help you" - Is there any sentence in the English language more terrifying?
At last he'll bring peace and democracy back to the UK.
Have the brexit people decided what strategy they are going to have and what they want?
Will they accept free movement of people or not if that is one of the costs opf getting access to the single market?
If you are going to join EFTA, then how much ££ are you willing to pay?
Blair was at least a statesman who could provide leadership, something we are badly in need of at the moment.

Britain never replaced him with anyone close to his calibre.
Tony Blair actually cares about the people of the U.K. and unlike Tories he doesn't have any self interests which can conflict him. He is the perfect man for the job and he needs to lead this country to greatness again
Original post by MagicNMedicine
Blair was at least a statesman who could provide leadership, something we are badly in need of at the moment.

People don't understand that unlike majority of politicians he has no self interest. Everything he does is for the people. He isn't conflicted by power or money or hate, he truly is the greatest leader and politician this country has produced
Reply 15
Given all the candidates for the Tory leadership are clueless about where the country is headed for the next 5 years and the Labour party is falling apart faster than a Brexit spending promise, TB might be the only hope.
Original post by Manchester_123
Tony Blair actually cares about the people of the U.K. and unlike Tories he doesn't have any self interests which can conflict him. He is the perfect man for the job and he needs to lead this country to greatness again

I really hope this is sarcasm.
Original post by MagicNMedicine

Blair has the skills to do the job. His problem is that he unites the country in that literally no-one trusts him.
Oh hell no!
Hes a warmonger. I'd give it six weeks and we'd be bombing Brussels.😊
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending