The Student Room Group

Why is the IQ so low in Saudia Arabia (84)?

Scroll to see replies

ignore my bad formatting, TSR was coded by people with low IQ's
Original post by The Epicurean
Shame he can't see our PM's criticising Western foreign policy :tongue:

I'll get jailed if the government sees that... oh wait :colonhash:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by chemting
I don't mean politicians attacking other politicians. That happens everywhere, I agree.

Do you think nobody in the west criticises their own country or its own government's policies? Do you read papers, or even look at discussions on TSR?

And that's "common" is it?

Also, are you saying nobody in other countries criticises western countries?

I assume you mean foreign policy.
That's a different conversation, but do you think nobody in the west criticises their own foreign policy?

People criticizing their government is quite common. Apart from that people from other countries might criticize but they dont think they are better than people in other countries, which is a vibe which a lot of people in the west give off. People in the west usually have the idea that they are better off/ their country is better compared to the rest of the world which leads to them criticizing like that. Not foreign policy but things like the above where they are criticizing their education and IQ.
Original post by Kadak
You arent getting her point.
You are assuming IQ tests are a genuine representation of intellegience.
Her point is that it IS NOT A GENUINE REPRESENTATION OF INTELLEGIENCE.
Many famous people who have achieved great things have gotten low IQ scores.Other factors like the Flynn effect and fact people from higher socioeconomic backgrounds do better show IQ tests cant be taken seriously .
Hawking nailed it with his famous wuote that only losers boast about IQ.
By focusing disproportionately on IQ,you are missing the point.Intellegience is a means to an end,many intellegient people have achieved nothing and many mediocre ppl have achieved great things.

It should be obvious anyway that something as complex as intellegience cant be truly gauged by a standardiaed test.How do account for emotional intellegience etc.?

I agree that the Flynn effect and influences of socioeconomic background are important factors likely explaining these disparities, but that is not the point she is making. She genuinely thinks that intelligence is somehow a cultural variable as if each culture has its own definition of intelligence and that abstract testing has cultural biases.
Emotional intelligence isn't a thing any more than being good in bed means you have sexual intelligence.
Reply 84
Muslims often practice cousin marriage.Over time, this leads to reduced intelligence, increased incidence of mental illness and increasing incidence of various genetic defects.
Original post by Teleport1
People criticizing their government is quite common.

I'm sure it is mate

Apart from that people from other countries might criticize but they dont think they are better than people in other countries,

I'm sure they don't think they are better than filthy kafirs :biggrin:

which is a vibe which a lot of people in the west give off.

You want to talk about what vibe people from certain countries give off?

People in the west usually have the idea that they are better off/ their country is better compared to the rest of the world which leads to them criticizing like that.

Not generalising at all :biggrin:

However, I would say that in certain things some are better off than others. That can be proved objectively... I don't see what your point is.

Not foreign policy but things like the above where they are criticizing their education and IQ.

Well, I don't agree with this IQ thing entirely as its a poor measure of intelligence and whatnot, but I can criticise their education system, can I not?
(edited 7 years ago)
Does Cristiano Ronaldo have a high penalty taking IQ?

@Kadak @teenhorrorstory

If the Portuguese national team highly values penalty scoring rate that is definitely a form of intelligence.
Reply 87
Original post by Razamataz666
one word - Islam.

Aouch!
You cannot say that!
:colone:
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
Islamic mathematics was built on Greek and Indian mathematics. And there's a current theory that the creator of Algebra was a Zoroastrian, not a Muslim.

Whilst the origins may not be Arab/Muslim, their contribution to the field cannot be undermined?
I don't care but under those niqabs they have beautiful women mashallah
Model_roz IG and Snapchat
Original post by Bill_Gates

it's one of the richest nations in the world in terms of oil, GDP per capita has more than doubled yet IQ has remained around the same at 84?

70 IQ is seen to be retarded.

Surely with more money = better education, better nutrition = higher IQ

Most people in Saudi Arabia aren't rich and the wealth isn't exactly that well spread out. There's a few there who increase the average GDP by massive amounts due to their own wealth, however their IQ isn't so high to drag up the average like they do with GDP. Also that isn't close to being mentally retarded. A range of 90-110 is considered the average and the range of the 80's is dull which makes sense with Saudi Arabia.

Also its hard to classify IQ across countries (rest of this paragraph talking about IQ classification in general with all countries). 100 is meant to be absolute average however you can't exactly compare a country with inferior educational facilities to a country with a better overall economy and facilities and state that the average person there is mentally retarded when really their average educational standard is (massively) lower.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Bill_Gates

it's one of the richest nations in the world in terms of oil, GDP per capita has more than doubled yet IQ has remained around the same at 84?

70 IQ is seen to be retarded.

Surely with more money = better education, better nutrition = higher IQ

Check America First! [video="youtube;NI7xxhp0rk8"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NI7xxhp0rk8[/video]
IQ is a good test for academic knowledge or education but not intellect.
Original post by oShahpo
Venezuela has more oil than Saudi Arabia and a similar population, but it's much poorer, surely it isn't just down to oil.

Venezuela is also run by one of the most retarded systems known to man. If they weren't then they'd have more wealth than they'd know what to do with.
Why do people in the west always think they are better than people in other countries

Possibly because everyone knows that if it wasn't for oil, the Saudi elite would be still driving camels instead of Bugattis.....

People are always trying to dissect other countries faults and in their minds people are always superior in the west.

Like Arabs in Saudi, Qatar and UAE don't enslave people from places like Bangladesh and Philippines because those people are considered worse than dogs in those places. That's what you call a superiority complex.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Tom Jickleson
How about.... because they're dumb? Seems like the most rational answer.

Not naturally dumb. But as a country they've not had to do anything to advance themselves in decades. Most other countries and people in those countries have had to put their minds to use to come up with different ways with which to create prosperity.

You don't exactly have to engage your brain when you've already got more wealth than you know what to do with through no endeavor of your own. So their bank balances increase but their minds stay dormant.
Original post by Zygomaticus
Whilst the origins may not be Arab/Muslim, their contribution to the field cannot be undermined?

Indeed, but even so, the Arab world has contributed pretty much nothing positive to the world in about 700 years and it sure as hell doesn't look like it's going to any time soon.
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
Islamic mathematics was built on Greek and Indian mathematics. And there's a current theory that the creator of Algebra was a Zoroastrian, not a Muslim.

of course they built upon previous theory as well as founding their own, does that give you or anyone the right to undermine their immense contributions and inventions in fundamental mathematics, medicine, literature, architecture etc just because you don't like their faith background?
Original post by KimKallstrom
Indeed, but even so, the Arab world has contributed pretty much nothing positive to the Western world in about 700 years and it sure as hell doesn't look like it's going to any time soon.

There you go, fixed it for you.

Most of what Arabs have done in the past has to do with literature and theology, all of which are irrelevant to the West.
i'm not saying Saudis aren't dumb (although avg IQ doesn't say everything), but they don't represent Muslims - frankly Saudi Arabia is an embarrassment to the Muslim world...

Quick Reply

Latest