The Student Room Group

Will these A Levels be 'easy'?

I'm starting sixth form in September :broken: I just want to know a bit about the subjects I've chosen... if you don't mind :tongue: like anyone who has studied/studying or is going to study these subjects
Subjects are [in order of my fav]:
- Geography (AQA) << i'm pretty natural at geog
- RS (religion: Buddhism)
- History

Some people are telling me these subjects aren't going to be that hard. What do you think? I'm guessing history will be the hardest.

In prep for A Levels i'm doing a few things such as...
- learning a bit about Buddhism
- learning locations of countries
- do coastal stuff

I am enjoying the holidays tho too, dw :biggrin: but since they're changing the A Levels i can't buy revision guides or anything which is pretty crapy :/
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Apparently History A-Level is like exceptionally hard to 1) revise and learn 2) sit the exams....
For me i do bio chem maths history

History is the one i put the least work in, and its the one im going to get the highest grade in. Who cares if it will be easy tho aslong as you enjoy it
History isnt hard, fam literally all you have to do is a get a list of possible exam questions and make plans
I just did AQA AS Geography this year and found it very easy, got As on all my mocks with minimal revision. The spec is changing this year, but should still be very easy for you if you're naturally good at geog
Original post by Username1502
Apparently History A-Level is like exceptionally hard to 1) revise and learn 2) sit the exams....

I found History quite easy, although I enjoy it.
Original post by Pi=3.1415
I just did AQA AS Geography this year and found it very easy, got As on all my mocks with minimal revision. The spec is changing this year, but should still be very easy for you if you're naturally good at geog

thank you, that's so nice to hear :smile::smile:
Original post by SuperHuman98
History isnt hard, fam literally all you have to do is a get a list of possible exam questions and make plans

did that w GCSE, thanks for advice pal :wink:
No A-Level is easy.From your list, I might take RE. It is interesting, but I wouldn't say easy. It's an essay based subject and it requires critical thinking, personal response and content knowledge (which is a lot).
Reply 9
according to people in my year who did these subjects these are pretty awful hard subjects.... good luck dude !!!
In fact all three that you're taking above are essay based subjects. I heard people like those three subjects you've chosen but History seems to be hard.
Cheers for the detail! :wink:
Yeah, it's a pain when only like <20% of it comes up. Thanks for making me aware of what the history course is like, i didn't have any clue. I'll defintely revise most for history then (; also yh i know what you mean about revision guides, for gcse they didn't cover enough stuff. :s-smilie:
I'm so so so looking forward to geography aha. I'm doing it at Uni. My friend is doing rs so i guess revision won't be as boring. I appreciate your help :yep:
Original post by fefssdf
according to people in my year who did these subjects these are pretty awful hard subjects.... good luck dude !!!

eeek! :dong: well tbh it's better than the sciences/maths for me personally. Geography is my strength so this should balance it out :smile:
Original post by sulaimanali
No A-Level is easy.From your list, I might take RE. It is interesting, but I wouldn't say easy. It's an essay based subject and it requires critical thinking, personal response and content knowledge (which is a lot).

I didn't know it required all those things... but reading that makes me want to do it more :excited: i chose RS because i'm really interested in Buddhism and also because it's a bit like english. I didn't want to do english because that stresses the hell out of me but i think RS is a good compromise :tongue:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by sulaimanali
In fact all three that you're taking above are essay based subjects. I heard people like those three subjects you've chosen but History seems to be hard.

my hand will be hurting then :biggrin: i agree, history is gonna be hard
Original post by Ella_08
I'm starting sixth form in September :broken: I just want to know a bit about the subjects I've chosen... if you don't mind :tongue: like anyone who has studied/studying or is going to study these subjects
Subjects are [in order of my fav]:
- Geography (AQA) << i'm pretty natural at geog
- RS (religion: Buddhism)
- History

Some people are telling me these subjects aren't going to be that hard. What do you think? I'm guessing history will be the hardest.

In prep for A Levels i'm doing a few things such as...
- learning a bit about Buddhism
- learning locations of countries
- do coastal stuff

I am enjoying the holidays tho too, dw :biggrin: but since they're changing the A Levels i can't buy revision guides or anything which is pretty crapy :/

i do maths, economics, rs and history and rs is hands down the hardest one. Content wise it's the biggest and there's so many variations of the course (esp for your year) that it's very hard to find resources/ revision materials. I wouldn't say it's hard to understand but there's so much to learn it's a nightmare
I did philosophy and ethics at AS and I presume it will be different to RS, but if they're anything alike then be prepared for a lot of writing :laugh::laugh: You basically just have to memorise perfect essays for the exam which is boring and also quite difficult (well I found it tedious anyways)
Original post by katiecourtt
i do maths, economics, rs and history and rs is hands down the hardest one. Content wise it's the biggest and there's so many variations of the course (esp for your year) that it's very hard to find resources/ revision materials. I wouldn't say it's hard to understand but there's so much to learn it's a nightmare

thanx for letting me know. Wow you do 4, good on you :wink: i'm annoyed about the resources, like how are we supposed to do well without information? :rolleyes: lol. That's why i want to start early, for RS is there anything worth going over now? ik the course is changing but there might be something that won't change..?
Original post by EmilyPlatypus
I did philosophy and ethics at AS and I presume it will be different to RS, but if they're anything alike then be prepared for a lot of writing :laugh::laugh: You basically just have to memorise perfect essays for the exam which is boring and also quite difficult (well I found it tedious anyways)

I did a 1hour taster session of p&e and found it boring, we learned about arguing if water is wet or not :giggle: should be kinda different since rs is about religion and morals
Original post by Ella_08
I did a 1hour taster session of p&e and found it boring, we learned about arguing if water is wet or not :giggle: should be kinda different since rs is about religion and morals

Ahh yeah I regret doing p&e but I dropped it before it got even harder at a2 :wink:
I hope you do enjoy the subjects that you're doing! I'm sorry I can't give insight into your choices :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest