The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Katiee224
We are all female before we are born, does it matter what gender we used to be?

This one of those myths perpetuated in pop science when actually it has no basis in fact, my biology teacher in class said that before hormones kick in we are not either gender, just neutral. The idea that we are female by default in the womb is false and outdated
Original post by IronicalMan
There's your problem, lot's of human beings are not rational, don't apply logic to them, you might have it, but others don't. And tbh, being drunk makes you completely different so maybe he thought it funny or some ****

I'm OK when I get drunk; my inhibitions are lowered and I may do some silly/embarrassing things but I wouldn't hurt or betray people I care about.

If the brother really did this then he must harbour some dislike for his sister or her boyfriend or both.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by WBZ144
I'm OK when I get drunk; my inhibition is lowered and I may do some silly/embarrassing things but I wouldn't hurt or betray people I care about.

If the brother really did this then he must harbour some dislike for his sister or her boyfriend or both.

I agree with that, but tbf, when I am drunk, I apparently have been horrible to my crush who I love lol, when you're at that stage on a liter of vodka when you can't remember anything
Original post by WBZ144
I'm OK when I get drunk; my inhibition is lowered and I may do some silly/embarrassing things but I wouldn't hurt or betray people I care about.

Maybe he didn't approve of the trans thing, or perhaps he just thought Mike had a right to know?
Reply 24
Surely shouldn't love be a bond formed by mutual interests, and care for one-another not merely a lustful passion?
If you really wanted to be in a relationship with her you would not have done that, you were just looking for an excuse to leave her sub consciously at least.
Gender shouldn't really come to be the deciding factor of a relationship, although she should probably have told you before that.
But the point is, when you didn't know t you looked straight past it, and if you ever truly loved her you would manage to look past it even after you found out.
But tbf, some trans can actually look like women, I mean I had one come up on tinder(I only have it set to women so idk why) and tbf it did look like a girl, I mean some natural girls can look like men, so you have to be careful in this world with surgery and hormones and all that **** :/, although the one on tinder obvs started treatment or what ever you call it at a young age, I was still creeped out though lol.
Some people are stupid, others have lived with wives/husbands that have had doubles lives, you just can't trust anyone these days lol.

transwomen are women. they are just as much women as a women born as them. stop referring to trans people as "it".
Original post by Foo.mp3
If a girl insists on always turning off the lights then she's either British and from a respectable family, of the old skool, or else (formerly) a man :mmm:

Or fat.
Original post by BobSausage
Surely shouldn't love be a bond formed by mutual interests, and care for one-another not merely a lustful passion?
If you really wanted to be in a relationship with her you would not have done that, you were just looking for an excuse to leave her sub consciously at least.
Gender shouldn't really come to be the deciding factor of a relationship, although she should probably have told you before that.
But the point is, when you didn't know t you looked straight past it, and if you ever truly loved her you would manage to look past it even after you found out.

WTF, gender shouldn't come into the deciding factor of a relationship, unless you're bi, I think it does LOL

Maybe he's straight and doesn't want to go out with a man.

Original post by kirigiri
transwomen are women. they are just as much women as a women born as them. stop referring to trans people as "it".

No their not, there males who think there female
Reply 29
WTF, gender shouldn't come into the deciding factor of a relationship, unless you're bi, I think it does LOL

Personally I think if you bond well with someone , even if that goes against your sexuality it is preferable to marrying/ being in a relationship with someone who follows your sexuality but is not so close in thought.
[video="youtube;y5BmHh2fhP0"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5BmHh2fhP0[/video]
Original post by Synonym
[video="youtube;y5BmHh2fhP0"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5BmHh2fhP0[/video]

Those are defo obvious tbf
Original post by kirigiri
if on the off chance this isnt bait:

Wow, that was terrible of you! You could not have handled that much worse. She literally told you that she felt like killing herself and you thought that it was an appropriate time to call her a freak and dump her? Jesus. She deserves better than you.

As to the idea of "i had the right to know/she should have told me": Why??? Literally what difference does it make. It doesnt matter if someone is not the same gender now as they were born as. They are the gender they identify with now. The past is irrelevent. The only time you would even remotely need to know is if youre having sex (if they havent transitioned) or if youre trying to conceive (if they have).
Thinking negatively of her because shes trans is undeniably transphobic.

Seriously, youre a dick, op.

if you were a guy then you would understand
Reply 33
Original post by theBranicAc
Maybe he's straight and doesn't want to go out with a man.

No their not, there males who think there female

Try reading the comment I made... If he truly love her gender would stand as a barrier.

And also that is harsh. Firstly it's "They're" not "there". Secondly, it is not just men who 'think' they are female. The point of being transgender is that you identify as female, not just think you're one. Their tendencies lean toward what are considered 'female' things e.g. shopping and wearing make up. The point is their personalities are not of the same gender as their bodies, which causes confusion and un acceptance in many communities. People like you need to be more tolerant and accepting.
Whilst the OP could have ended it on better terms(calling someone suicidal a freak is not recommended buddy), I believe his actions of terminating the relationship are entirely fair. You can throw the line "Oh but they met when she was a girl so what does it matter, nothing has changed". Sorry but that is incredibly deceitful and immoral. It brings in trust issues. If I am going out to date a girl, I want it to be an actual girl, down to the raw cellular biology. Don't try to insist that it shouldnt be an issue when it is
I'd end this relationship on the fact that she didn't tell you before, NOT that she used to be a man. I can only imagine how difficult it must be for someone to tell their other half something like this but it's something important and needed to be said before now.
Original post by Katiee224
We are all female before we are born, does it matter what gender we used to be?

Lol, no we're not. A male has XY chromosomes at the moment of conception, it's not like all embryos are XX and then change.
You did the right thing OP. Everyone here saying if they really loved eacj other blah blah blah! Then why did he not tell him he was a trans. Good on you OP, dod the right thing👍
Try reading the comment I made... If he truly love her gender would stand as a barrier.

And also that is harsh. Firstly it's "They're" not "there". Secondly, it is not just men who 'think' they are female. The point of being transgender is that you identify as female, not just think you're one. Their tendencies lean toward what are considered 'female' things e.g. shopping and wearing make up. The point is their personalities are not of the same gender as their bodies, which causes confusion and un acceptance in many communities. People like you need to be more tolerant and accepting.

bob at the end of the day, you are sticking your knob into another guy, no thank you

Latest