The Student Room Group

my mum keeps all my student finance& job money- Can i do a transaction anonymously?

Hi everyone.. the title says it all.

Its because we are really struggling with paying the house and bills and a mortgage.

She's a single mum so i understand we need everything we can get to help make ends meet.

However, theres this bursary money that i won... and for once i want to keep that extra money to myself.

is there any way that once student loans drop next september ... i can quickly go take that money out for me and give the rest to my mum? without her finding out of course! if i take out that bursary money from the bank directly... will it show up on transactions? Any way of this not happening?

And please dont try convince me that i should talk to her about it... she will literally keep tabs of everything i buy or friends brays etc. so would rather not tell her. Awkward i know ;/

Is there any reason (unless I've misunderstood) your money doesn't go in your own bank account?
I am pretty sure student finance is only paid into your account? i.e. the account holder's name must match application.
Reply 3
Yes, that is called internet banking.
Can't tell if troll or not
Reply 5
It's illegal for her to do this you should have your own account and give her what you want
OP surely you have to have your own bank account??
Reply 7
i do have my own bank account but she keeps my card details and has my cards too!

I have signed up for internet banking... so that way i can quickly transfer my bursary money to myself, before she gets to the AGM machines.

Will this transfer show up? Any way of deleting it?*
Reply 8
Original post by πr²
Yes, that is called internet banking.

With internet banking... is there any way i can transfer money from one account to another without it showing up in the mini statement?

Original post by Honey:)
i do have my own bank account but she keeps my card details and has my cards too!

I have signed up for internet banking... so that way i can quickly transfer my bursary money to myself, before she gets to the AGM machines.

Cancel your card and get new ones. And get a new pin.
With internet banking... is there any way i can transfer money from one account to another without it showing up in the mini statement?

No. It's always going to show up on the statements. You should get your own cards that she can't access
Reply 11

Did you know that this is against the banks rules? If you had any problems this could invalidate some of the protection (for example, if your card details got stolen, they might ask if anyone else has access to them and it could affect whether they'd give it back, or so I was told by my bank).

My advice would be to tell her you've just found out about this and think it's better to change the card and just have you know it, in case your card details get stolen.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending