The Student Room Group

If a homeless person was begging you to buy them breakfast, would you ignore them?

So on my way,I was approached by a homeless man and was asked, if I could buy him breakfast, as he was starving, but I was shocked at the situation as I didn't know how to respond to being asked by a stranger.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Maybe, I'd rather give food than just money.
I most likely would if I had money to spare.
If I have time I will. I much prefer to give homeless people food and drinks instead of money because based off of my own experience I've given money to local homeless people who I didn't know at the time would spend that money on drugs or alcohol.
it costs literally nothing for me to buy a breakfast! gave £5 the other day to a homeless person :cute:
Personally I wouldn't, that's because I don't want to risk them constantly coming up to me begging for food in which can happen when someone is desperate. I don't care if you think it's morally wrong that I wouldn't, being selfish gets you far in life
Yes. It doesn't cost much.
Original post by Blue_Mason
So on my way,I was approached by a homeless man and was asked, if I could buy him breakfast, as he was starving, but I was shocked at the situation as I didn't know how to respond to being asked by a stranger.

Depends on :-
Race, Sex, Age and whether I thought she was genuine.

Also I'd buy her the breakfast rather than give her the cash.
If I could afford it, then certainly.
Depends where they are really. In some places people pretend to be homeless to get money/food etc.
No.
I would buy him a loaf of bread so he wont stay hungry for the rest of the week.
Original post by BrianMcEgg
Personally I wouldn't, that's because I don't want to risk them constantly coming up to me begging for food in which can happen when someone is desperate. I don't care if you think it's morally wrong that I wouldn't, being selfish gets you far in life

Thats mean. Delete yourself from here
Original post by fatima1998
it costs literally nothing for me to buy a breakfast! gave £5 the other day to a homeless person :cute:

That is very generous of you, but the thought of giving a fiver to a stranger is giving me a migraine

Original post by BrianMcEgg

Tbh, I was not convinced.
Like I know that we have services that can provide meals and such, and if he was desperate he would of seek out such services
Original post by Alfissti
Depends on :-
Race, Sex, Age and whether I thought she was genuine.

Also I'd buy her the breakfast rather than give her the cash.

But that is sexist
Yeah, I'd buy the, breakfast or give the, food if I had any on me. I wouldn't just give them money though because they could be asking for it for drugs or not genuinely be homeless.
(edited 7 years ago)
That is very generous of you, but the thought of giving a fiver to a stranger is giving me a migraine

The last time I put money in the cup of a beggar. They then took out the money quickly and put it somewhere else to make the cup empty again.
Original post by saraxh
The last time I put money in the cup of a beggar. They then took out the money quickly and put it somewhere else to make the cup empty again.

See now that is messed up, but I hope you learned your lesson
If I had enough money and I didn't feel in danger, then I would buy him breakfast.
But that is sexist

I believe all men are created equal.
If I have money then yes, I would be more than happy to.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending