The Student Room Group

Optometry predicted grades

My predicted grades for AS and what will be going on my ucas application is AAC (C in biology) as I am doing linear exams, would it still be possible to apply to optometry and do I still have a good chance of getting offers. I'm hoping to bring the C up
Reply 1
Original post by Laptopclub333
My predicted grades for AS and what will be going on my ucas application is AAC (C in biology) as I am doing linear exams, would it still be possible to apply to optometry and do I still have a good chance of getting offers. I'm hoping to bring the C up

It all depends on what grades the optometry school require at a level. I would probably try and beg your teacher to predict you a minimum B in biology since I imagine a course like optometry would require a minimum A/B in their entry requirements. You don't even have your AS results back yet therefore I don't understand how they have already determined your predicted a level grade?*

Hope this helps, good luck!*
Original post by 06shawm
It all depends on what grades the optometry school require at a level. I would probably try and beg your teacher to predict you a minimum B in biology since I imagine a course like optometry would require a minimum A/B in their entry requirements. You don't even have your AS results back yet therefore I don't understand how they have already determined your predicted a level grade?*

Hope this helps, good luck!*

They are basing my predicted grades for A levl based on tests and exams we have done throughout AS as we are doing the exams linear so we haven't had the exams this year. My teacher will predict me a B hopefully, if i do well in mocks in september
Reply 3
Original post by Laptopclub333
They are basing my predicted grades for A levl based on tests and exams we have done throughout AS as we are doing the exams linear so we haven't had the exams this year. My teacher will predict me a B hopefully, if i do well in mocks in september

Okay I understand what you mean. I think it is strange that your school are still not making you sit your AS exams anyway even though they are no longer coupled A2. They will be a much stronger factor for predicted A level grades compared to in house tests. Fingers crossed he does predict you a B or higher, good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest