The Student Room Group

16 years old guy and 5'4" - is there any hope?

As the title says I'm 16 and I'm 5'4, is that it for my height? Have I stopped growing?

It's so awkward being my height, everyone is taller than me - even most girls :frown:
It's depressing tbh especially when you see that you're out of all the required height ranges on the relationships forum on tsr lol...

Is there any hope left for me because I've heard pretty much everyone stops growing at 16.

God... This sucks.

Scroll to see replies

I was around the same height when 16 and now I'm 21 and still that height. I never had a girlfriend and I don't plan on marrying.
I'm 18, and just a few weeks ago my father mentioned that I looked taller. I measured myself, and sure enough I was half an inch taller than my last measurement, roughly 2 months prior. So yes, there is still hope!
Yo grow until like 21 so with a good diet and exercise plan you can up a few inches.
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
There's more to life than height and girls. You need to learn how to deal with it.

Lol it's not just that. The fact that very few people actually take me seriously when I speak to them because I'm small is very annoying, coupled with the awkwardness - ugh it's unbearable sometimes...

I think I have little man syndrome - I have to prove myself at every stage because of my height.

There may be more to life than height, but to use that argument to say height doesn't matter is ridiculous...
I haven't grown since I was 15/16 and I'm 19 now ,but your height isn't that bad - my dad is 5'4 and my mum is 5'1 . There's lots of short girls that want a short guy , don't lose hope there is someone out there for you
I'm a 17 year old girl and I'm 4"11 so😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Lorenzo Insigne is 5'4"
Marco Verratti is 5'4"
too
cannot be that bad though
there are worse problems out there
you could be 5'3" and that would be terrifying
As the title says I'm 16 and I'm 5'4, is that it for my height? Have I stopped growing?

It's so awkward being my height, everyone is taller than me - even most girls :frown:
It's depressing tbh especially when you see that you're out of all the required height ranges on the relationships forum on tsr lol...

Is there any hope left for me because I've heard pretty much everyone stops growing at 16.

God... This sucks.

I can tell you that there is hope, lots of hope infact.

Firstly, I know so many girls who are 5'4 and shorter.

Secondly, you are sixteen you havent finished growing yet.

Thirdly, you are sixteen who cares about girlfriends at your age? I mean come on you get a girlfriend and then she will hold you back (not always the case of course).

Fourthly, yep forget about girls follow your dream. Achieve your dream, and then girls will want you regardless of height.
Reply 9
Original post by TorpidPhil
Stop whining about it or it won't get better.

Exploit it. Shorter guys start to look way more muscular with less muscle weight, which in turn is easier to obtain. In general you'll find it really easy to gain weight and look like a beast super fast because of your height. Exploit that. If you're worried about girls butt + arms and a good back are the way to go.

5'4 guy myself, who actually got a girlfriend fairly quickly after I decided I wanted one (despite my ridiculous personality standards).

the relationship thing was a small example (pun intended), as I said earlier there are other issue such as people not taking me seriously because of my height and I do get called a dwarf/elf a lot - which I laugh along with but it can get annoying at times lol :smile:
Guys, I'm not obsessed with girls, it was just an example lol
Reply 11
Guys, be kind and constructive when giving advice to the OP please. It's evidently bothering them, so please don't discredit how they're feeling. Thank you!
(edited 7 years ago)
I was 5ft 4 until I was 15, then had my growth spurt. Have you had yours yet? How tall are your relatives?

God... This sucks.

OP....^^^
Get some confidence. Girls like that. Don't boys still grow until they're like ... 21? Girls stop growing at 18, I think. There is still hope. How tall are your parents?
I was around the same height as you when i was 16 at around 5'4 , now im 18 years old & im 6 ft so i grew very fast in a short period!:smile:
Reply 16
A lot of the guys can still get growth spurts until they're about 21. Girls usually stop growing by 18. So you still have plenty of time to reach your full height. Look at your parents, mist of the time the kids will be around their parents height or outgrow them. So if your parents are pretty high, you are likely to still grow.

I had a friend in school who was the shortest person for ages. He was about 5'2" when we moved to different places for college at like 16-17. I've seen him recently and now he's a head taller than me and I'm 5'7"
Original post by cbreef
I was 5ft 4 until I was 15, then had my growth spurt. Have you had yours yet? How tall are your relatives?

Original post by SmileyVibe
Get some confidence. Girls like that. Don't boys still grow until they're like ... 21? Girls stop growing at 18, I think. There is still hope. How tall are your parents?

Well I'm slightly taller than my mum and my dad is taller than me by about a head, I don't know their exact heights.
Original post by TorpidPhil
Dwarves are pretty tough. And usually stronger than humans.

Elves are usually taller and weaker than humans...

Figures.

Do you have funny ears too by any chance?

At least your food bills won't be as high and you will find it easier to get clothing.

Lol I actually do have one funny ear. For some reason one of my ears is very pointy but the other is normally shaped - I guess that's why I get called half elf sometimes haha
I was around the same height when 16 and now I'm 21 and still that height. I never had a girlfriend and I don't plan on marrying.

Aww, my brother is your height and thinks like that too :frown:
Not all women are that shallow, don't give up so young :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending