The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Echopark88
Manchester

I'm Manchester too waiting for checks - did they contact your referees? My CRB is done and health declaration completed, so frustrating!
Original post by lawgrad13
I'm Manchester too waiting for checks - did they contact your referees? My CRB is done and health declaration completed, so frustrating!

I don't think they have contacted my referees which is odd.
Reply 542

Nor mine at Salford, but I am already civil service!

My status says they're still doing checks but I've now received a pensions form in the post, does that mean I've got the job?!
Reply 544
I am now entering week 9 after receiving my provisional offer, and still no movement!
Pre-employment checks finally passed!!! (O - Manchester) :-)Waiting for contact regarding start date now, hopefully won't be too long
My checks are also passed today! (Belfast - O) hopefully not too long for a start date now. That's after 7 weeks.*
Reply 547
There still seems to be a wait after the checks are done. Mine were completed last Monday, no further contact yet.
Reply 548
they might be waiting for all the checks to go through 1st, i have been waiting 9 weeks for mine!
Reply 549
Original post by King86
they might be waiting for all the checks to go through 1st, i have been waiting 9 weeks for mine!

Yeah, that makes sense. It has been a while now...
I've been waiting 3 weeks since mine were completed and have had no contact. Emailed the E&C ISBC recruitment mailbox for an update on Friday and have had no reply yet. I've moved jobs since applying and now actually work for HMRC.
Reply 551
Original post by pukahontas
I've been waiting 3 weeks since mine were completed and have had no contact. Emailed the E&C ISBC recruitment mailbox for an update on Friday and have had no reply yet. I've moved jobs since applying and now actually work for HMRC.

Great, so could be in for a wait yet then...Are you in a different role altogether at the moment?
My previous job ended last week and now I'm stuck at home - tempted to just get a temporary job elsewhere until I actually start at the HMRC! But the question is we don't know how long the wait will be!
Has anyone heard back in relation to the latest HO campaign?
Reply 554
Original post by lawgrad13
My previous job ended last week and now I'm stuck at home - tempted to just get a temporary job elsewhere until I actually start at the HMRC! But the question is we don't know how long the wait will be!

i'd be surprised if anyone started before September
Original post by Hayho
Great, so could be in for a wait yet then...Are you in a different role altogether at the moment?

Yeah, different location and a different line of business.
Reply 556
Original post by King86
i'd be surprised if anyone started before September

I agree, a lot of people will need to give a month's notice to existing employers.
Original post by Hayho
I agree, a lot of people will need to give a month's notice to existing employers.

Yeah, hopefully we'll have firm offers and contracts by the end of July, so that we can work notice and start at the beginning of Sept.
Reply 558
Original post by Doll Parts
Yeah, hopefully we'll have firm offers and contracts by the end of July, so that we can work notice and start at the beginning of Sept.

That's what I'm hoping for too.
Reply 559
My status has just changed from pre employment checks complete, to formal offer, click next to accept...

Latest

Trending

Trending