The Student Room Group

What would happen if every immigrant left the UK?

As unlikely as this is to happen, if every person who is not of British origin left the UK, what would happen?
Original post by SGHD26716
As unlikely as this is to happen, if every person who is not of British origin left the UK, what would happen?

Britain would be screwed and full of debt due to the NHS. Also hospitals would be left with an overwhelming sum of jobs vacancies

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Dave from Grimsby would be delighted he can now not apply to thousands of positions vacated by the outgoing immigrants.

Gay people would be the next group of people to blame, and the cycle continues.
My uncle's family would be torn apart on personal levels, but we will see deflation as AD will immediately decrease so a recession would be inevitable
Reply 4
Define "not of British origin".

Spoiler

(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 6
damn, my ancient roman / saxon heritage is forcing me to leave :dontknow:

Does that include people of Irish origin?

what's the definition of ' not of British origin'?

If you mean everyone without a UK passport, then I imagine the health service would be plunged into crisis/collpase.

We would probably go into a severe recession.

Lots of Unis would go into crisis.
Original post by SCIENCE :D
Does that include people of Irish origin?

Think it would have to. Republic and not NI.
Original post by 999tigger
Think it would have to. Republic and not NI.

Ok, that would be half of my family gone then haha.
we are all of immigrant origin... Out of Africa

It would be a bit extreme and sad to have so many people leave.

In terms of impact, there would not really be much really for the people. They would once again be able to afford housing. Some jobs would go but the essentials for living would once again be affordable. You wont be able to afford as many luxuries but you will be able to afford security. Our economy has taken a very hard hit from mass immigration and hasn't been allowed to catch up. Stalling future immigration is more important towards those ends.

Globally the economy will tank as the UK realestate market collapses but that's all virtual anyway.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest