The Student Room Group

If a homeless person was begging you to buy them breakfast, would you ignore them?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by saraxh
The last time I put money in the cup of a beggar. They then took out the money quickly and put it somewhere else to make the cup empty again.

You are a liar. Not everyone is like that why are you so prejudiced.
I'd probably buy them some breakfast. If not, sustainable food sources.
Original post by RibbonTide
W.T.F is your avatar. Looks like you took a picture of your **** then posted it on here

It doesn't look like that at all; you must be partially blind.
Original post by SubZero~
It doesn't look like that at all; you must be partially blind.

Coming from a person that hides their eyes in their avatar. Lolz
Thats mean. Delete yourself from here

Don't care, there are loads of charities that will be willing to help him
Well for me, it depends on how they come across and what mood I'm in, as well as if I've got any money on me and if there was actually anywhere around that sold breakfast.
would give him something healthy like muesli ?

and a nice cup of redbush tea.*
(edited 7 years ago)
Yeah, I'd buy them breakfast. Better than giving money and letting them spend it on God knows what.
If they specifically want food then I'd be much more likely to help them out. When people ask for money there's no knowing whether they'll spend it on food, alcohol or drugs.

There's a woman in the town where I live who goes round at night asking for a bit of money so she can pay for a hostel because for some reason social services are always one night away from providing her with permanent accommodation. The fact that she has a very obviously not local accent (sounds like she's from London to me, but definitely South England) means I've noticed her on a number of occasions and been asked for money from her at least three times over the course of a few months. The fact that her story never changes each time leads me to really not want to trust what she's saying.
this happened to me in London the homeless man said 'excuse me mate can you buy me a sandwich' I just ignored him but only because I have no money I would have done if I had money on me
Original post by BrianMcEgg
Personally I wouldn't, that's because I don't want to risk them constantly coming up to me begging for food in which can happen when someone is desperate. I don't care if you think it's morally wrong that I wouldn't, being selfish gets you far in life

Are you actually sure about this?
Reply 31
I'd like to think I would if I had money and time.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Don't care, there are loads of charities that will be willing to help him

Your pretty cold, i wonder what your friends think
W.T.F is your avatar. Looks like you took a picture of your **** then posted it on here

Your eye sight must be bad lol
Original post by theBranicAc
Are you actually sure about this?

Yes. Selfish people are more likely to ask for promotion or pay rises, in which can accelerate career growth for individuals. They're also more likely to invest their energy into things that keep you healthy rather than being stuck in the office all day, in which can mean better performance at a workplace, once again getting you closer to a promotion
Original post by Novascope
If I have time I will. I much prefer to give homeless people food and drinks instead of money because based off of my own experience I've given money to local homeless people who I didn't know at the time would spend that money on drugs or alcohol.

I wouldn't be arsed if they did spend it on drugs or alcohol tbh, they're homeless, have a pint on me lads.

I'd be more likely not to give though because I don't carry much cash on me.
Original post by theBranicAc
Your pretty cold, i wonder what your friends think

I'm pretty warm, it's hot outside
Original post by loveleest
Your eye sight must be bad lol

Lol you actually reported my post. It wasnt meant to be that offensive... It said iEthan removed my posts because someone reported me
Yes. Selfish people are more likely to ask for promotion or pay rises, in which can accelerate career growth for individuals. They're also more likely to invest their energy into things that keep you healthy rather than being stuck in the office all day, in which can mean better performance at a workplace, once again getting you closer to a promotion

How is asking for a pay rise selfish?
When i talk about selfish i mean in regards to how you interact with other people.
I never reported your post...
Lol you actually reported my post. It wasnt meant to be that offensive... It said iEthan removed my posts because someone reported me

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending