The Student Room Group

Philippines President Rodrigo Duterte tells people to 'go ahead and kill' drugAddicts

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-07-02/philippines-rodrigo-duterte-urges-communists-to-kill-criminals/7562912

Newly inaugurated Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte has urged communist rebels to start killing drug traffickers and people to kill addicts, adding another layer to a controversial war on crime in which he has warned thousands will die.

"If you know of any addicts, go ahead and kill them yourself," he told a crowd of about 500 people.

Mr Duterte also vowed to kill drug traffickers, using foul language he promised in recent weeks to "tone down" as president."These sons of whores are destroying our children," the 71-year-old said."I warn you, don't go into that, even if you're a policeman, because I will really kill you."

Seems a little drastic tbh :>
Original post by 34908seikj
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-07-02/philippines-rodrigo-duterte-urges-communists-to-kill-criminals/7562912

Newly inaugurated Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte has urged communist rebels to start killing drug traffickers and people to kill addicts, adding another layer to a controversial war on crime in which he has warned thousands will die.

"If you know of any addicts, go ahead and kill them yourself," he told a crowd of about 500 people.

Mr Duterte also vowed to kill drug traffickers, using foul language he promised in recent weeks to "tone down" as president."These sons of whores are destroying our children," the 71-year-old said."I warn you, don't go into that, even if you're a policeman, because I will really kill you."

Absolutely disgusting. I'm guessing bars and shops selling booze are ok? While guys selling weed, shrooms or ecstasy, which are scientifically proven to be safer, can be slaughtered.

All that is irrelavent anyway. The point is this: if someone wants to inject heroin into their body, then it's their body, and their choice. People catering to that demand are only hurting those who choose to hurt themselves. Amoral perhaps, but they certainly don't derserve any kind of harsh punishment. As for people dealing safe drugs like weed or MDMA... They're doing no real harm. Let people live life the way they choose. And if they get addicted, give them rehabilitation facilities. Addicts are sick people, not criminals, and criminalizing their lifestyle will only hinder their chances of becoming useful to society.
"Duterte Harry" is very popular with the people of the Philippines ( maybe not the drugs community )
Original post by the bear
"Duterte Harry" is very popular with the people of the Philippines ( maybe not the drugs community )

Do you support killing drug addicts?
Original post by KingBradly
Do you support killing drug addicts?

it is not at the top of my to do list.
Reply 5
it is not at the top of my to do list.

So it is on the list :tongue:
Original post by 34908seikj

People should be allowed to take what ever they want. Who is he to say what they should and should not take?
Reply 7
Original post by Multiculturalism
People should be allowed to take what ever they want. Who is he to say what they should and should not take?

I disagree, drugs like heroin are antisocial and create an unnecessary burden on social services & health care. People should not be allowed to take them.
what annoys me is how drug people think they are so interesting...
Reply 9
what annoys me is how drug people think they are so interesting...

http://www.philstar.com/headlines/2016/07/02/1598751/days-1-and-2-12-drug-suspects-die-700-surrender

Well those drug people are dying now, so maybe they'll become a little less talkative.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending