The Student Room Group

Do any of you guys still shop at supermarkets?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by RibbonTide
Are you rich or something? Why not just go to stores for free instead of paying for delivery. And only rich people go to express and the butchers. Its more expensive there

Haha not really. I do the delivery saver plan which is £6 per month, and gets me free delivery as many times as I want... Plus, if I get the bus, that's £3 return, which is more expensive than a delivery slot without the saver plan, and I have the effort of carrying everything, which if you saw my booze orders, you'd understand why that's a no go :biggrin:

The butchers is expensive, hence why I only go there when it's some kind of occasion I want really good meat for. And I can honestly say I've never noticed stuff in the Express store being more expensive than the main stores. Whether it's booze, ready meals, fruit or veg, I even see the same deals in there...
(edited 7 years ago)
The majority of people in Britain do. I'f find it hard to do the weekly shop not using a supermarket. Where else would I get paprika or tomato purée?
Original post by SoggyCabbages
The majority of people in Britain do. I'f find it hard to do the weekly shop not using a supermarket. Where else would I get paprika or tomato purée?

Sound well posh
I've never bought food off the internet or anything edible for that matter. I mostly buy food from Aldi or Lidl. They are really good shops.
I always shop in a supermarket and have never had food delivered. If I shop in a supermarket, it means I can browse easily and I might find something different I've never had before - if I shopped online that wouldn't really be possible. It also gets me out of the house for a bit.

I have a car and plenty of spare time, so I don't feel any need to shop for groceries online.
i still do but mainly as i like to take the time to pick what i am using or get the best deal
Original post by the bear
you can meet nice ladies at the supermarket.

There was a girl scanning my shopping and she was checking me out. :colondollar:
Original post by SeanFM
There was a girl scanning my shopping and she was checking me out. :colondollar:

"There is an unexpected item in your bagging area"

:ahee:*
my parents order stuff from tescos and sainsburys but also buy regular stuff in tescos
I like shopping be it at the supermarket or real market. Not sure why it should be daunting choosing what to eat?
Original post by the bear
"There is an unexpected item in your bagging area"

:ahee:*

:sexface: well played, sir. :hat2: :toofunny:
I don't do home delivery because I live on my own, so I don't tend to order enough to warrant it.

I quite like shopping in supermarkets because I can go down the isles to find new things / inspiration for meals. I try to go at times when it's less busy (such as in the evenings). The chaos of a supermarket on Saturday mornings is awful.
the ladies on the Waitrose Cake Counter = :coma:

Quick Reply

Latest