The Student Room Group

TSR Tennis Society IV

Scroll to see replies

wow so happy that Djokovic is out. Hopefully someone like Federer, Nishikori or Del Potro will win the tournament. Please no Murray.
Wow hugest shock in tennis for a long while with Djokovic falling to Querrey. Huge chance for Murray, Federer and even Raonic to go all the way now. Hope Djokovic recharges his batteries and goes hard for the Olympics
Djokovic under the weather today?

Anyhoo, his GS semi (14) and quarters (28) streak are now at an end. Federer still holds both records (23 and 36, respectively).
Original post by monk1324
Djokovic cannot go out in f****** third round. Counting on Boris to straighten him out. Of course Novak had to go through Querrey, why can't he ever get clowns like Federer?

Don't cry. Federer went through Querrey last year to progress to the final.
Original post by Ashnard
Djokovic under the weather today?

Anyhoo, his GS semi (14) and quarters (28) streak are now at an end. Federer still holds both records (23 and 36, respectively).

I'm a Fed fan and I didn't realise that his QF and SF streak was so impressive and neither did I realise that Djokovic was on his way to breaking it.
Original post by The_K1NG
Don't cry. Federer went through Querrey last year to progress to the final.

stfu fedtard
Wow, what a result. The amazing run of Djokovic comes to an end, but it is someone else's time now

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by The_K1NG
I'm a Fed fan and I didn't realise that his QF and SF streak was so impressive and neither did I realise that Djokovic was on his way to breaking it.

Many of the records are listed here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Open_Era_tennis_records_%E2%80%93_men%27s_singles
Dimitrov out too so it's down to 6 for me with a Fed vs Murray final most likely.

Looks like Murray will have to go through Kyrigos and then Del Potro or Tomic.

Federer, Nikishori and Raonic.

Both sides have their dangers. Kyrigos has no fear, Del Potro may lack the backhand but he can crush the forehand and serve, Tomic can in some matches be pretty incredible, Raonic has a faultless serve and Nikishori has the agility and skill.
Del Potro takes the first set.

Surprisingly it looks me to me like Tomic or Del Potro (next match potentially) actually have a decent shot of reaching the semi to face Murray. Certainly a good comeback i think.

Best thing about this match is that he's trying to use the backhand as a weapon and getting winners, his forehand is still f'ing lovely though.
Don't think Fed is ready to reach the final again this year. He is slowly coming back to form but he is still not at his best. I reckon Cilic or Kei/Milos will beat him. Murray will definitely be in the final unfortunately.
Why do tsr Fed muppets hate Murray so much? lol
Reply 4812
BBC are so useless, made me miss Lopez getting broken by Kyrgios by switching the channels and letting that moron Sue Barker flap her gums. Now they've move the match over to the website so they can play Today at Wimbledon - a highlights show, when there's live tennis on. Logic.
[video="youtube;SParMVwu2Tg"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SParMVwu2Tg[/video]
OMG <33

I didn't even know this existed! Thanks for letting meh know :smile:
Djokotards are losing their **** on tennisforums. It's just one loss ffs.

Don't hate him but just think he is insipid both on the court and off it.

I also haven't forgotten some public comments that he made in the past; for example, when he declared Nadal as GOAT and when he tweeted support for Scottish independence a day before the referendum.

The massively Murray-centric Wimbledon coverage every year by the BBC doesn't help things either.
Federer's draw is definitely harder than Murray's could easily see him getting knocked out by either Nishikori or Raonic before the semis. Federer's serve is as good as ever but his ground game isn't as sharp as it was this time last year. Might end up with a repeat of the Queen's final if Federer doesn't find his ground game soon but his experience might see him to the final.

I don't like Murray because of his style of play. I'm not really a fan of pushing and waiting for errors tennis. Another reason is his on court behaviour which is that of a 10 year old. But the biggest reason for me disliking Murray is the overyhype he gets from the British media. They just can't stop kissing his arse. I don't like how he lumped together with Federer, Nadal & Djokovic. There is no big 4. Only the big 3. Murray is nowhere near close enough to their achievements so I don't like how the british media act like he is on their level. He is a good player in his own right but he only has 2 slams while Fedalovic has 10+ majors each so to lump him with those 3 is stupid.
(edited 7 years ago)
Isner v Tsonga has gone to five sets, 16-15 Isner. Surely he's not trying to outdo himself here?!

Nope, Tsonga has won it 19-17
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest