The Student Room Group

Backpack or Messenger bag?

So next year I go to college and I need a new bag. So, backpack or messenger bag?

BUT here are some things to throw into the mixer. Aside from the usual college stuff (books, pens etc.) I will be taking my 15.6" laptop as it will allow me to do work as I commute home (which is just over an hours journey on public transport).

Also, I will have to wear a suit to college (so formal bags rather than big ADIDAS/Nike branding) and so what would look more professional and less year 7 style?

Thanks in advance for any comments and if you can recommend bags also, that would be a great help.

Matt
There's some really classy backpacks you could get, which I think you'd find more ideal.
Buy a messenger bag it's more professional than a backpack. I personally dislike backpacks I feel like a turtle every time I wear one lol
Original post by Matt_Taylor14
So next year I go to college and I need a new bag. So, backpack or messenger bag?

BUT here are some things to throw into the mixer. Aside from the usual college stuff (books, pens etc.) I will be taking my 15.6" laptop as it will allow me to do work as I commute home (which is just over an hours journey on public transport).

Also, I will have to wear a suit to college (so formal bags rather than big ADIDAS/Nike branding) and so what would look more professional and less year 7 style?

Thanks in advance for any comments and if you can recommend bags also, that would be a great help.

Matt

Why would you wear a suit to university ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Grimm Reaper
Buy a messenger bag it's more professional than a backpack. I personally dislike backpacks I feel like a turtle every time I wear one lol

Lol its all in your head. Messenger bags are for nerd

Posted from TSR Mobile
A backpack is waaaay more convenient, especially as it sounds like you might be doing a lot of walking around with said bag. And besides, I've seen plenty of men dressed in suits also wearing a backpack (some even kiddish ones too) - no one cares, as long as it's not going against any regulations, obviously.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Depends on your look, if you're skinny I think a messenger bag would be ideal, if you're fat go for the bag pack and if you're unsure go for the bag pack :u:
Reply 7
I also go to college and at first I brought a messenger bag every day, but recently I've been bringing my laptop + charger with me, and I've found my backpack is much more convenient and spacious so I've been using it for that reason.

Messenger bags do look more professional, but at the end of the day I'd rather go for whats more practical rather than what looks better. Having a messenger bag that is overloaded with your belongings is much more uncomfortable to carry, and it's harder to take out your belongings quicker.
Original post by Kutta
Depends on your look, if you're skinny I think a messenger bag would be ideal, if you're fat go for the bag pack and if you're unsure go for the bag pack :u:

Omw

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Ive had both and
Backpack

Messenger bags hurt your shoulders/ back and you really feel the weight

but with backpacks the weight is evenly distributed across your two shoulders and rests on your whole back and its much more comfortable and theres more space to put stuff in without it looking weird or bouncing off your legs when you walk :colonhash:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending