UKIP hates democracy Watch

FredOrJohn
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
UKIP voters on this board and else where are trying to force a Conservative government to take us out of EU when the Conservative Government has no manifesto pledge to take us out of the EU , either UK wide or in recent scottish election.

There is no Conservative mandate from Conservative voters to take the UK out of the EU.

It would be a CRIME against DEMOCRACY for the Conservatives to take us out of the EU without an election so that Conservative voters can agree to this huge change via the ballot box A Conservative voter is not a UKIP voter.
FredOrJohn
Rep:
?
A Conservative voter is not a UKIP voter
Reue
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
We already had a vote on it, move along.
FredOrJohn
Rep:
?
...I am, to the next one, the election...

You should move on too otherwise you might find you'll lose the next one...

Down with fascists!
viffer
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Down with tedious bad losers. As Elsa sang......

(Original post by FredOrJohn)
...I am, to the next one, the election...

You should move on too otherwise you might find you'll lose the next one...

Down with fascists!
FredOrJohn
Rep:
?
Smash UKIP.... They want to sack working men and women right round the EU.
Stop people studying in the EU.

Keep people in the dark, scared and worried about deportations (at end of contracts) and racial attacks
Sternumator
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Conservatives had a pledge for a referendum. That implies they will follow the results. Otherwise, what was the point of the referendum.
AidenLloydJepsen
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
UKIP voters on this board and else where are trying to force a Conservative government to take us out of EU when the Conservative Government has no manifesto pledge to take us out of the EU , either UK wide or in recent scottish election.

There is no Conservative mandate from Conservative voters to take the UK out of the EU.

It would be a CRIME against DEMOCRACY for the Conservatives to take us out of the EU without an election so that Conservative voters can agree to this huge change via the ballot box A Conservative voter is not a UKIP voter.
Having a referendum on Britain's membership of the EU was part of the Conservatives' manifesto pledge. When people voted for the Conservatives last May, they knew there was going to be a referendum and therefore they also knew there was the possibility that the UK might leave the European Union.

The only people that hate democracy are the idealistic Marxists who are swarming the streets of London who are calling for a second referendum because the vote to leave doesn't satisfy their skewed political agenda.
viffer
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Au contraire

UKIP may not like the electoral system but are quite happy to trumpet that democracy is not being served due to the relevant imbalance between votes cast and MPs in the HoC.

Yet another schoolboy error in your increasingly flawed and desperate arguments.
ByEeek
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I am no brexiter, but there is more of a mandate for the government to leave the EU than there was for the Tories to deliver on their manifesto promises. Every vote counts in a referendum unlike in a general election. The nation has spoken. The mandate is plain for all to see. Any politician trying to go against the mandate of the country had better have titanium underpants.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (160)
17.66%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (78)
8.61%
No I am happy with my course choice (540)
59.6%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (128)
14.13%

Watched Threads