The Student Room Group

I dyed my hair, now it's orange!

I have bleached my hair before but this time I used a loreal highlighting kit(the one with the professional brush with it) parts of my hair are bright ginger, the other parts are light brown. Im considering just buying two platinum hair dyed and seeing if that would turn my hair basicallywhite but I'm only 16 so I have no idea, I have got the silver toner stuff and that hasn't helped! image.png
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Jesstheorange
I have bleached my hair before but this time I used a loreal highlighting kit(the one with the professional brush with it) parts of my hair are bright ginger, the other parts are light brown. Im considering just buying two platinum hair dyed and seeing if that would turn my hair basicallywhite but I'm only 16 so I have no idea, I have got the silver toner stuff and that hasn't helped! image.png

what was the colour of your hair before bleaching? It could be that you need to wait a week or so and try again or you could try finding a blue toner from somewhere
My friend had this problem and she used purple dye on her hair and it toned it
From personal experience, bleaching your own hair is a no no.
I'd personally either dye it darker, or get a professional to sort it out.

Don't bleach your hair, you'll destroy it.
Original post by ProbablyJade
My friend had this problem and she used purple dye on her hair and it toned it

I'll try toning it a few times again and see what that does, Thankyou! X
Original post by A-LJLB
From personal experience, bleaching your own hair is a no no.
I'd personally either dye it darker, or get a professional to sort it out.

Don't bleach your hair, you'll destroy it.

Yeah bleaching it ages ago didn't go so well. But should I try dying it platinum blonde twice or just dye it a dark brown? X
Original post by claireestelle
what was the colour of your hair before bleaching? It could be that you need to wait a week or so and try again or you could try finding a blue toner from somewhere

It was a medium brown :smile:
Yeah bleaching it ages ago didn't go so well. But should I try dying it platinum blonde twice or just dye it a dark brown? X

After bleaching my hair for the billionth time, And losing a chunk of hair, I decided to dye it auburn, which went very pink so then dyed it a dark brown. Thank goodness I dyed it the pink colour otherwise my hair apparently would have gone a green colour!

How orange is it? If it's not too bad, try dying it an ash colour, as this should counteract the orange and brassy tones

Following this, go to a professional girl! You don't want to screw your hair over anymore haha!
Put a ash dye over the orange hair.
It was a medium brown :smile:

I would think that one bleach wouldnt have go it that yellow but i second others advice try toning or an ash colour
You should just go to a hairdressers especially if you don't know what you're doing.
what i will say is just be careful.
bleaching your hair is really bad for it and permanent dyes also damage it a lot (semi-permanent is usually a bit better). avoid bleaching it if you can, and make sure you take good care of your hair in the mean time.
over-dyeing will leave your hair feeling like straw which really sucks + it can also make you hair fall out or pretty much just fall to pieces. obviously the second half takes frequent dyeing and will be more likely to happen to weaker hair, but its something to keep in mind.

i wish you happy dyeing days, though! my hair is purple atm and i love dyeing my hair so i know the appeal. best of luck!

Quick Reply

Latest