The Student Room Group
Kingston University
Kingston University
Kingston upon Thames

Kingston University 2016 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Paulius123
Was going to ask the same actually. Most of my friends have been invited to freshers groups from their unis and are already getting to know people that are in their course or staying in the same halls.

Hi Paulius,

There isn't an official Facebook page or group that I'm aware of, unfortunately.

Chloe
Student Ambassador
Kingston University
Kingston University
Kingston upon Thames
Reply 161
Original post by Kingston University
Hello Everyone,

This is a thread for all our 2016 applicants, please feel free to ask any questions you have and we will get back to you as soon as possible.

Chloe

Student Ambassador :smile:

Hia,

When can you sign up for halls of residence? How do you do it?
Hi, I have a conditional offer for natural hazards and disaster management (geography) but I know I will have to apply for accommodation soon and I'm wondering which accommodation is the best. I'm looking for somewhere that's fun as nice and I believe its between seething wells and clay hill as I definitely want an en suit room. Also is there many good clubs and stuff in Kingston? I don't want to be stuck in a boring university! I'm coming here as its the only uni that offers this course and I have a strange interest in volcanoes and earthquakes! so also want to know about student life and night life ect. I want to make sure I will be happy here.
Thanks Jess.
Original post by Abby_22
Hia,

Hi Abby,

You will get an email from our accommodation team after your place is confirmed.

Chloe :smile:
Student Ambassador
Original post by Jessica_bird123
Hi, I have a conditional offer for natural hazards and disaster management (geography) but I know I will have to apply for accommodation soon and I'm wondering which accommodation is the best. I'm looking for somewhere that's fun as nice and I believe its between seething wells and clay hill as I definitely want an en suit room. Also is there many good clubs and stuff in Kingston? I don't want to be stuck in a boring university! I'm coming here as its the only uni that offers this course and I have a strange interest in volcanoes and earthquakes! so also want to know about student life and night life ect. I want to make sure I will be happy here.
Thanks Jess.

Hi Jess,

Sorry for the late reply. As far as I know you choose a type of room rather than the actual halls of residence for ensuites you will be placed at either Seething Wells, Clayhill or Kingston Hill, although because of your course it's likely to be Seething Wells or Clayhill. 80% of our rooms have ensuite facilities so just select that when the time comes. You select these options and pay your deposit after you have accepted a firm offer from us.

Yes there's loads to do at Kingston! We're 20 mins from central London so you have all of London to go to as well as Kingston. Kingston itself has 5 clubs and lots of pubs and restaurants as well as our Students Union bars. There's also gigs in Kingston that are put on regularly. There's also Richmond and Bushey Park if you want to do some nature walks and things like that. Oh and societies will hold events and get together. There's always something to do :smile:

Please let me know if you have any more questions.

Student Ambassador
Original post by Abby_22
Hia,

hi, sorry what do u mean when your place is confirmed? i have a conditional offer from kingston uni but have not yet been able to apply for accommodation even though i have firmed my place?
Which halls are the most social ? and fun ???

seeting wells or clayhill or another
Iv firmed my conditional offer but haven't heard anything about accomodation yet. Im now kinda worried as i just went online to the kingston accommodation side and saw it said if you havent heard anything about applying for accommodation by the end of may please contact us. iv contacted them but had no response. anyone else in the same position?
Hi EdieMargot,

It really depends from year to year depending on who lives where! I lived at Seething Wells and had a friends at Clayhill and there was a mix at both.

Student Ambassador
Iv firmed my conditional offer but haven't heard anything about accomodation yet. Im now kinda worried as i just went online to the kingston accommodation side and saw it said if you havent heard anything about applying for accommodation by the end of may please contact us. iv contacted them but had no response. anyone else in the same position?

Hi Jessica,

I completely understand why you're anxious, however, please don't panic! Please be patient, as you can imagine our accommodation team have thousands of people to process. I would suggest giving them a phone call/email again just in case your last message wasn't received.

Student Ambassador
Applied and accepted to KU MFA for September 2016.
Just received my cost of attendance and I am in no position to take out this amount of loans. I highly doubt I'll also be able to pay it back so soon with an MFA degree. It breaks my heart that I'll probably have to retract my application. :frown:

Are there any other American students funding their education with U.S. Federal Loans and/or are going for their MFA? Advice?

I called at the end of May and the office said they were having some problems with sending out e-mails, and that they should send something out by mid June. But it's now mid June and still nothing, so I know the feeling. May call them again just for peace of mind.
Hi Chloe, Do you know any helpful sites or pages I can visit to find out what to do before I arrive and as soon as I do ? I've received a conditional offer and I know I have to wait once confirmed but I want to be prepared just in case. I am so excited to start !
Original post by Second_Beauty
Hi Chloe, Do you know any helpful sites or pages I can visit to find out what to do before I arrive and as soon as I do ? I've received a conditional offer and I know I have to wait once confirmed but I want to be prepared just in case. I am so excited to start !

Hi, Emily here :smile:
http://www.kingston.ac.uk/accommodation/halls-of-residence/before-you-arrive/ This will show you what to take to halls with you if you are going there and what to do. As for everything else you will get regular emails from the uni saying where you need to be and when. Here on the student room there a various threads with advice on. Try searching for these. If you are still unsure feel free to message me personally.

Emily
Student ambassador
Thanks Emily! Is there anyway I can get a copy of the student handbook or something similar ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)

I've just found an article on here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/content.php?r=19667-The-unknown-essentials-to-pack-for-uni all about what to pack. Hope it is useful :smile:

Emily
Student ambassador
Thanks Emily! Is there anyway I can get a copy of the student handbook or something similar ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I believe these are given out at freshers week and again things will be sent to you via email.

Emily
Student ambassador
I believe these are given out at freshers week and again things will be sent to you via email.

Emily
Student ambassador

Thanks Emily so much for your help. I look forward to starting.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks Emily so much for your help. I look forward to starting.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm sure you will love it :smile:
Emily
Student ambassador
I'm sure you will love it :smile:
Emily
Student ambassador

I've done endless research. I know I will 😉😊😊

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest