The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

-17 468
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by hamza772000
@Matrix123 Great! :biggrin: Any plans for this summer?

Please edit to -17,467

Just small things, but not really :tongue: you?
Original post by Bobjim12
-17 467

Please edit to -17,468 :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Matrix123
Yup, haha I don't know about excellent results but we shall find out in August :biggrin:

Oooh, great stuff! I'm thinking of doing Maths, Physics and Chemistry too. Further Maths and Computer Science are also in the mix, so I don't know what I'll end up doing yet :redface:

Cool :smile: as I've just said, I'm struggling narrowing my subjects down to four but I'll probably get rid of CompSci. I've actually been looking at different university courses in the hope that if I find something I like, it'll help me to choose my A Levels but I've had no luck with that.
Posted from TSR Mobile

We shall soon see - speaking of, only 2 more days to go before I find out how my results are :smile: Hoping for a 2.1 or a 1st :smile: :yep:

Excellent choices! Definitely go for Maths Physics and Chemistry, that is a good selection to go for. As for FM or Comp Sci, do you want to go for anything that is maths related at university? Some Maths courses require Further Maths, so that would be a good idea. Computer Science would also be a good idea, if you want to go into that sort of area. :smile:

You certainly won't want to take all 5 subjects to A level - some Sixth Forms/Colleges recommend starting with 4 subjects, then dropping to 3 subjects for A2 level. Others start with 5 subjects and drop to 4. It depends on what your school/college/Sixth Form decides is the best idea.

Best thing is to choose your A Levels, then in Year 12/Year 13, look for your universities/university choices. :smile:

@Matrix123 Nah, same :smile: :tongue:

Grr, missed the pali by 1 post :banghead:
@Matrix123 Nah, same :smile: :tongue:

Haha, fair enough. Well, the only two plan set in stone for me (and you too I believe) are going on TSR and collecting results on results day :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
@Matrix123 Haha, spot on! :biggrin: but I have to self teach unit 2 and 3 Physics, because my school didn't do it and I need it for next year :frown: and obviously.........PYTHON!! :biggrin: :tongue:

Original post by spotify95

Grr, missed the pali by 1 post :banghead:
Haha, I got it! :wink: jk :tongue: there's always a next time...........:smile:

We shall soon see - speaking of, only 2 more days to go before I find out how my results are :smile: Hoping for a 2.1 or a 1st :smile: :yep:

Excellent choices! Definitely go for Maths Physics and Chemistry, that is a good selection to go for. As for FM or Comp Sci, do you want to go for anything that is maths related at university? Some Maths courses require Further Maths, so that would be a good idea. Computer Science would also be a good idea, if you want to go into that sort of area. :smile:

You certainly won't want to take all 5 subjects to A level - some Sixth Forms/Colleges recommend starting with 4 subjects, then dropping to 3 subjects for A2 level. Others start with 5 subjects and drop to 4. It depends on what your school/college/Sixth Form decides is the best idea.

Best thing is to choose your A Levels, then in Year 12/Year 13, look for your universities/university choices. :smile:

Yup, oh yeah! I don't know why I'm excited about your results day :tongue: anyway, good luck again! (I know I've said it at least 5 times now). Ooh, how exactly does the grading system work at university?

The thing is, I don't really want to do anything science based in the future but I do like chemistry, which I know is a bit odd. So far, the only courses that I've found any interest in are maths and possibly chemistry.
Tbh, I really can't see myself going further than A Level with computing so maybe that wouldn't be such a great choice. I'm mainly waiting for my results to decide on CompSci. It is interesting but generally goes right over my head so it's a difficult one to go for. If I do really well then that might give me the extra push to go in that direction. The highest I've gotten in Computer Science is a C. If I get an A then I'll probably go for it at A Level.

No, I really don't! A couple of teachers asked me if I wanted to do 5 but that would be way too much for me - four seems really hard let alone five! At my sixth form, they said if I want to I can continue all four of my subjects into A2 but have the option to get rid of one if I really want to.

Cool, I'll do that then :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
@Matrix123 Haha, spot on! :biggrin: but I have to self teach unit 2 and 3 Physics, because my school didn't do it and I need it for next year :frown: and obviously.........PYTHON!! :biggrin: :tongue:

Yeah, no idea how I knew :tongue: ohh, didn't you need to know that for your GCSEs? What exam board were you for science and maths? I'm guessing your science is different to mine.
Woo, Python! :rofl:

Posted from TSR Mobile
@Matrix123 I did AQA Science, but my school only offered Core(Unit 1) Science, so I have to self teach Unit 2 and 3.

Maths was normal, I did Edexcel. What grade are you expecting for Maths? Just curious. :tongue:

Hopefully I get that A* for Science.........

@Matrix123 I did AQA Science, but my school only offered Core(Unit 1) Science, so I have to self teach Unit 2 and 3.

Maths was normal, I did Edexcel. What grade are you expecting for Maths? Just curious. :tongue:

Hopefully I get that A* for Science.........

Ohh I see. I did OCR 21st century for science.

I did Edexcel too!:five:
Haha, fair enough. I'm hoping for an A* in maths - that one is my thing :yep:

Ooooh, very good at science I see! Good luck with that :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
@Matrix123 Same, I hope I get that A* in Maths too, Maths is my favourite :biggrin: Did you mark your papers using the unofficial Mark Schemes?

Not really, its only Unit 1 but thanks any ways :smile: :tongue:

@Matrix123 Same, I hope I get that A* in Maths too, Maths is my favourite :biggrin: Did you mark your papers using the unofficial Mark Schemes?

Not really, its only Unit 1 but thanks any ways :smile: :tongue:

Awesome! My favourite subject too :h: Nope, I'm guessing you did?

No worries :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Awesome! My favourite subject too :h: Nope, I'm guessing you did?

No worries :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah, I did :smile: Why didn't you? just curious :tongue: -17,482

Don't worry, you should be ok :smile: How long have you got to self teach those modules? And is this GCSE or A Level?

Haha, I got it! :wink: jk :tongue: there's always a next time...........:smile:-17,475

I saw that... :biggrin: Yep, next time I'll likely get it :yep:

Yeah, I did :smile: Why didn't you? just curious :tongue: -17,482

Sorry, went to go and make a cheesecake :biggrin: do you like cheesecake?

How well do you think you did according to it? This probably sounds stupid but I don't feel like I can trust it. I mean, it's not an official mark scheme so I don't want to get my hopes up if there are questions it says are correct but are actually incorrect. I'd also rather just find out how I did on results day. As soon as I did each exam, I basically tried to wipe it from my memory :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Don't worry, you should be ok :smile: How long have you got to self teach those modules? And is this GCSE or A Level?

I saw that... :biggrin: Yep, next time I'll likely get it :yep:

It's GCSE, and I've got till I start school in September. :smile:

Hope you do get it next time. :smile:

(edited 7 years ago)
Sorry, went to go and make a cheesecake :biggrin: do you like cheesecake?

How well do you think you did according to it? This probably sounds stupid but I don't feel like I can trust it. I mean, it's not an official mark scheme so I don't want to get my hopes up if there are questions it says are correct but are actually incorrect. I'd also rather just find out how I did on results day. As soon as I did each exam, I basically tried to wipe it from my memory :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Don't worry, it's fine :smile: And yeah, of course I do. :smile:

No, I absolutely understand, but the solutions for both papers were posted, meaning that someone, perhaps a teacher, did the papers(with all the correct answers obviously), scanned the papers and uploaded them on the internet, they both had the workings in them too. I still however understand why you didn't want to mark your papers. :smile: I actually snuck my answers out of the exam hall by noting them down on a tracing paper and putting it in my pocket :tongue:

According to the Solutions, I should get 86 and 93 in the two papers respectively. Which adds to 179/200, which should be an A*. Not saying I will get exactly these marks because the examiner could make mistakes or he/she may find some errors in my workings etc. but it gives me an idea of how I've performed. :smile:

(edited 7 years ago)
It's GCSE, and I've got till I start school in September. :smile:

Hope you do get it next time. :smile:

Please add -17,485 to this post :wink:
Don't worry, it's fine :smile: And yeah, of course I do. :smile:

No, I absolutely understand, but the solutions for both papers were posted, meaning that someone, perhaps a teacher, did the papers(with all the correct answers obviously), scanned the papers and uploaded them on the internet, they both had the workings in them too. I still however understand why you didn't want to mark your papers. :smile: I actually snuck my answers out of the exam hall by noting them down on a tracing paper and putting it in my pocket :tongue:

According to the Solutions, I should get 86 and 93 in the two papers respectively. Which adds to 179/200, which should be an A*. Not saying I will get exactly these marks because the examiner could make mistakes or he/she may find some errors in my workings etc. but it gives me an idea of how I've performed. :smile:

Please edit to -17,486
Awesome! :five:

Fair enough. One boy at my school did that and I was thinking "oh my gosh, why didn't I think of that!?" Very clever:yep:

Yup, sounds like at A*! :biggrin:
True, it definitely does :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile