The Student Room Group

The joys of having a crush

So I have a crush on someone on the same grad scheme as me. I like her quite alot, and I rarely like people romantically. She is kind, funny, intelligent and pretty and so on... We get along well and talk a fair bit at the graduate events that we attend.

At the last event, we got along really well. We ran a team together (we were a bit cr**) and had alot of fun and flirted. After that exercise she came and sat next to me for the rest of the time we were there.

We've been talking recently on fb and she said she would like to join a graduate challenge that I am organising.

The conversation has kinda stalled though. My friends don't really have a consensus on whether the conversation was going well, some say it went well, other it didn't some say some parts were good and other parts not so good.

I've learnt recently that if you want something that you have to go and get it. I of course understand that she might not be interested and understand that and she doesn't need a reason if she is not.I would like to try though.

I suppose what I am looking for is some guidance to how long I should wait for a reply. The last message I sent could easily be replied to and she has seen it.

Thanks, it wasn't the best worded post but I think that I got the idea across.
Just do it

:colone:
the thirst and pain of having a crush :cry2:

Spoiler

Original post by fatima1998
the thirst and pain of having a crush :cry2:

Spoiler

Is your crush on tsr :wink:
Original post by Anonymous
Is your crush on tsr :wink:

Yes :yep:

Spoiler

it gives you a reason to wake up in the morning
Reply 6
Original post by Foo.mp3
Need to tell us what's been said really mate, and also to know that there's no time limit for this stuff. If it happens, it happens. Feel free to PM :yy:

Well, we've talked about our new placements (we move about abit) and our new cities. Weddings (as I'm a best man) and stag do's as they are linked. Holidays and the challenge I'm organising. Oh hobbies too.

No I suppose there isn't a time limit. But at some point you have to make a choice to move on from a crush if you feel it won't happen.
As always looks matter the most. Are you goodlooking? Be honest with yourself
Reply 8
Original post by RoyalMarine
As always looks matter the most. Are you goodlooking? Be honest with yourself

If Daniel Craig was a 10 (my man crush if I ever had one), I'd say 6.5, maybe 7 if I'm wearing my feel good shirt :smile: probes could do with losing a few pounds tbh.

Original post by Foo.mp3
Ok. Has there been any flirting on either part?

I meant in terms of particular lengths of time between sending/receiving messages etc. People lead busy lives, and best not to overanalyse/worry about doing things by the book. At the end of the day, if she's interested, this will become apparent, sooner or later, if you keep on truckin'

Bits, but limited to conversation rather than touching arms, eye contact such as at the grad event.

Ah, fair point. I shall hold my nerve a little while longer.
Original post by fatima1998
Yes :yep:

Spoiler

u cheatin? @Boss_Rhythm :s-smilie:

Spoiler

She sounds great, but she is probably waiting for you to make the first move if she likes you back. It's up to you how you want to aapproach it though. Either put your heart on the line, and go all out by confessing how you feel towards her. That way you can cut your losses if she does reject you. You could still be her friend afterwards if that's okay with both of you. Or you could continue this back and forth, in the hopes it will progress further and evolve naturally. It depends on what you believe will be better received by her. Depends on how much time and patience you have for this.
Original post by GingerJoe
So I have a crush on someone on the same grad scheme as me. I like her quite alot, and I rarely like people romantically. She is kind, funny, intelligent and pretty and so on... We get along well and talk a fair bit at the graduate events that we attend.

At the last event, we got along really well. We ran a team together (we were a bit cr**) and had alot of fun and flirted. After that exercise she came and sat next to me for the rest of the time we were there.

We've been talking recently on fb and she said she would like to join a graduate challenge that I am organising.

The conversation has kinda stalled though. My friends don't really have a consensus on whether the conversation was going well, some say it went well, other it didn't some say some parts were good and other parts not so good.

I've learnt recently that if you want something that you have to go and get it. I of course understand that she might not be interested and understand that and she doesn't need a reason if she is not.I would like to try though.

I suppose what I am looking for is some guidance to how long I should wait for a reply. The last message I sent could easily be replied to and she has seen it.

Thanks, it wasn't the best worded post but I think that I got the idea across.

you could wait a couple of minutes or you could wait a couple of years
i have had both in the past and both were good people some people are just busier than others
Reply 12
Original post by Anonymous
She sounds great, but she is probably waiting for you to make the first move if she likes you back. It's up to you how you want to aapproach it though. Either put your heart on the line, and go all out by confessing how you feel towards her. That way you can cut your losses if she does reject you. You could still be her friend afterwards if that's okay with both of you. Or you could continue this back and forth, in the hopes it will progress further and evolve naturally. It depends on what you believe will be better received by her. Depends on how much time and patience you have for this.

She is very nice and kind, probably what initially drew me to her. I did invite her to one of the weddings I'm going to. She is unfortunately on holiday (sent me a picture of the plane ticket) and she flies out on the day of the wedding. I suppose I don't know what is the best approach tbh, I don't know her all that well.
Reply 13
Original post by jamesthehustler
you could wait a couple of minutes or you could wait a couple of years
i have had both in the past and both were good people some people are just busier than others

I just feel that if she can't/doesn't find time to reply then there can't really be anything between us.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending