The Student Room Group

Guys paying for girls on outings

I was having a discussion with my sister. I told her that me and my mate is meeting for dinner, since she she will be heading back to her city the next day. I said that I was going to be paying, since she's broke from spending on her brother's birthday and her mother's birthday the very next day.

Then she said: "Guys should always be paying for girls anyway".

I didn't bother to carry on that conversation too long, since she's combative and likes to be right. So I avoided an unnecessary conversation.

So what are your thoughts on guys paying for girls? Whether they are dating or just friends.

Scroll to see replies

Its obviously your internalized white heterosexual male privilige at play. Never argue with a woman you... uhh... eh.....(what was that obligatory word SJW's use in an inflationary manner again?) Oh yeah...you .... sexist.

Wierd, I thought there was female inequality and opression in western countries......thats what the cultural marxists told me.
Guys don't always have to pay for girls, in all honestly i've never understood the notion that they should have to. It's wrong for women to expect it. If you're dating, I guess the dynamic is different as most guys just feel obliged to do because they want to make their girlfriend happy but if you're just friends i'm not sure if it's considered the norm. If I was a guy, I probably wouldn't pay for my female friends.
Reply 3
She sound a little entitled, it's definitely not standard to pay if you're just friends. I would pay on a date for sure.
It neednt be an issue. If you are friends and one of you is sking and the other isnt then I cant see the problem.
If you are both equally well off then I dont see why you shouldnt take turns or go dutch. Being female bu itself doesnt mean you should always be paid for.
If guys should be obliged to pay for women, then women should be obliged to put out.
Guys shouldn't HAVE to pay, and girls shouldn't expect them to. But of course, if you're feeling generous or in your case you know the girl is short for cash then by all means go ahead. As long as they appreciate the gesture and don't feel entitled.
Reply 7
Original post by Galaxie501
Its obviously your internalized white heterosexual male privilige at play. Never argue with a woman you... uhh... eh.....(what was that obligatory word SJW's use in an inflationary manner again?) Oh yeah...you .... sexist.

Wierd, I thought there was female inequality and opression in western countries......thats what the cultural marxists told me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2paiKp6_YU
would only pay for gf, if you wanna roll with the guys, act like a guy
can't everyone just pay for their own s***
that way, you'll never feel like you owe them something just cus they paid for dinner
Usually no I don't think either should pay for the other (even when dating . just split or take it in turns) but obviously she had a legitimate reason for not being able to pay, so as long as youre happy to I don't see the issue :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
As much as I'm against this new wave of self-entitlement and social justice from the regressive left, it's tradition for a man to pay for a woman on dates and I don't see anything wrong with tradition.
Original post by jake4198
As much as I'm against this new wave of self-entitlement and social justice from the regressive left, it's tradition for a man to pay for a woman on dates and I don't see anything wrong with tradition.

Precisely, but there is a massive difference in this situation.

If a guy decides to pay for the women its very noble of him, if a women thinks she entitled to the guy paying for her then thats pretty disgusting.

Even the most generous guys should stop paying for women who feel they're entitled to something. Should be a red light imo.

Its well rare to see a woman not agree with the SJW regressive nonsense these days. As far as Im aware at least.
Well whenever my friends and I go out for meals we would either pay our own or split the bill. It's only fair that way unless someone is feeling generous
Guys should pay... But not if its a friend relationship.
Reply 16
A girl who is a friend? Split the bill. No questions about that, you're friends, just because she has a vagina and not a penis doesn't mean she gets a free meal. You wouldn't pay for your guy mates either right?

A girl I've recently started seeing, I'll pay for any dates, but if she doesn't even have the decency to offer and pay? I'll be out of there in a heartbeat. The simple gesture of even offering to pay means a lot.
I had a great time tonight! Didn't mind footing the bill. One of my other best mates treats me ALL the time and he is a lad, so it was long overdue for me to pay it forward.
Original post by AccountingBabe
Guys should pay... But not if its a friend relationship.

So a woman should also cook and clean? No problem with finder roles if both parties agree I suppose.
As you said your friend was in a bit of financial difficulty, I think it's OK for you to pay for her as long as she's alright with it and would return the favour for you. If I was the friend, I'd personally feel quite guilty for you paying so in general, I think it's better for friends to pay for their own things or to split the cost. In a relationship, I really don't think the guy should pay for the girl. Instead, I think it should be split 50/50.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending