The Student Room Group

Stuck on an ex?

A year since the breakup, no contact with each-other and he is still the first thought I have each morning & the only thing on my mind all day ???

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lol123456789
A year since the breakup, no contact with each-other and he is still the first thought I have each morning & the only thing on my mind all day ???

Posted from TSR Mobile

How long have you been in no contact mode? If it's been 8-12 months and he is on your mind as you describe then I would be worried if I were you - that is a bit too long in my opinion.
How long was the relationship?
Everyone deals with breakups differently, and heals at different rates. I still think of mine one year later, but they're more passing thoughts than anything else. Very occasionally will I sit and reflect on what happened/our relationship.

If you think it's an issue, then I suggest talking to a counselor/therapist. Just know however that it's not uncommon and, with time, it will subside.
A social media 'detox' can be really useful if you haven't done so already; you may not be directly contacting or messaging him but your mind can easily be occupied by seeing what he's doing on Snapchat or Facebook... I was hung up over an ex for a couple months and, although it's hard, deleting him can help slowly ease him out of your thoughts.
You are offering your attention to one person.

His not worth it, no-one is.

Just occupy your life, and hopefully you will find someone and he'll be completely out of your system like yesterday's meal.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Try speaking to someone at school/college/uni like a welfare tutor or something? Best to just forget it and let time heal...
It was a year long relationship
That is what I often think about, like how things should have gone etc etc.

I just always find myself thinking about the times we shared

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
meet new people
Original post by upperechelon
A social media 'detox' can be really useful if you haven't done so already; you may not be directly contacting or messaging him but your mind can easily be occupied by seeing what he's doing on Snapchat or Facebook... I was hung up over an ex for a couple months and, although it's hard, deleting him can help slowly ease him out of your thoughts.

That is so true 😰
I will do that now
Thank you

Posted from TSR Mobile
It was a year long relationship
That is what I often think about, like how things should have gone etc etc.

I just always find myself thinking about the times we shared

Some people say it takes half the duration of a relationship to get over them. Some say it takes twice as long. Really, there's no answer, as each individual is unique.

Don't concern with the "What if's". I don't. At the end of the day it didn't work, and my life has changed for the better since. Yours will too, if you set your mind to it.

Allow the times you shared to become happy memories you can think of down the road. For now, focus on yourself and reaching a place where you can let someone new and better into your life.

Quick Reply

Latest