The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SA-1
We've been through this.. You're not on £39k

Can't wait to return to TSR in 10 years and boast about that £120k dental salary whilst Luke is stuck on £25k
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by SA-1
Thoughts on those manbags?

Disgraceful
Original post by Lúcio
Not 39k though is it pal? :wink:

Srs though, well done mate - still in London?

It basically will be once bonuses & overtime are added on...

Will try and brown nose my interviewer beforehand
Reply 6383
Original post by Zayn is Bae
Can't wait to return to TSR in 10 years and boast about that £120k dental salary whilst Luke is stuck on £25k

Imagine coming back to TSR in 10 years ffs
Original post by Kenan and Kel
Disgraceful

I bet half of you posh ***** went to private schools anyway

Original post by SA-1

Oh shut up
(edited 7 years ago)
I bet half of you posh ***** went to private schools anyway

Oh shut up

Manbag w@nker

Sad thing is, you'll probably still be on this site when you're in your 30s.

If you're earning £120k in 10 years, I'll give you a full year's salary myself...
Original post by sr90
It basically will be once bonuses & overtime are added on...

Will try and brown nose my interviewer beforehand

Not too bad mate, see things work out in the end!!

I'm sure you'll be fine man - 90% of the misc thread posters would call £35k a terrible wage even though most will be lucky to earn half of that...
Original post by Lúcio

If you're earning £120k in 10 years, I'll give you a full year's salary myself...

You'll be on here like:

"I've played 3,800 games for TSRDem and scored 2,900 goals, all about those stats"

£120k in 10 years pretty comfortably. Don't need your measly £25k baker salary hehe

Original post by Kenan and Kel
Manbag w@nker

I didn't have a manbag. Did have that Nike PE bag that people sell **** from as my main one though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SA-1

I've been here for 7 years :sad: ffs
Imagine thinking salary is the endgame
Original post by sr90

I'm with you buddy :shakecane:
Imagine having an account called 'Zayn is bae' on an internet forum and thinking you'll get anywhere in life.
Original post by Lúcio

That's not sad tbh, in fact it's probable. It's not sad to post on an Internet forum, it's the norm these days actually

Original post by SentryE3D
Imagine thinking salary is the endgame

We usually disagree, but on point here.

Original post by Jimmy Seville
Imagine having an account called 'Zayn is bae' on an internet forum and thinking you'll get anywhere in life.

He has a point tbf.
Original post by zKlown
That's not sad tbh, in fact it's probable. It's not sad to post on an Internet forum, it's the norm these days actually

We usually disagree, but on point here.

He has a point tbf.

Hey, don't be mean. He's named after a known nonce anyway.

In terms of work, salary is the endgame. Of course, life is much more than work, but considering it's an unfortunate fact we have to work near 40 hours a week whether we like it or not, we all strive to maximise our earnings. And then of course use it to further our happiness (e.g. If you like travelling then you need money for it, if you like nice cars etc.) Thoughts? @everyone
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by sr90

I been here for 8.5 years on this account too and lost details of the one before. Really addictive though, :moon:
Working next to 40 hours a week is surely a reason to find something you enjoy doing.
Hey, don't be mean. He's named after a known nonce anyway.

In terms of work, salary is the endgame. Of course, life is much more than work, but considering it's an unfortunate fact we have to work near 40 hours a week whether we like it or not, we all strive to maximise our earnings. And then of course use it to further our happiness (e.g. If you like travelling then you need money for it, if you like nice cars etc.) Thoughts? @everyone

Salary is an important factor but it's not the be all end all.

Let's say you finish uni and you're presented with the following:

Job A: 24k, clear progression route and support for professional qualifications. salary increases in line with performance & completion of study. Role fits in perfectly with what you want to do
Job B: 28k, limited progression opportunities, limited pay scale. In the right sector but not exactly what you want to do

Anyone with half a brain would take Job A
Don't need money to travel when you get paid to travel
Original post by sr90
Salary is an important factor but it's not the be all end all.

Let's say you finish uni and you're presented with the following:

Job A: 24k, clear progression route and support for professional qualifications. salary increases in line with performance & completion of study. Role fits in perfectly with what you want to do
Job B: 28k, limited progression opportunities, limited pay scale. In the right sector but not exactly what you want to do

Anyone with half a brain would take Job A

Yeah but that scenario is leading to you earning more money in Scenario A? Would've made more sense of Job B was what you wanted to do (e.g. Restriction of money). If Job B was £48k in Job B you might get some different answers!

The main point is that the vast majority of people don't enjoy what they do (no matter how much a financial advisor tells me he loves his job, I refuse to believe him) so you may as well earn good money doing something. Obviously don't do something that makes you miserable, but if the scenario was:

A- what you love, £40k salary
B- not what you love but don't mind too much, £70k salary

Which one you gonna choose?

Original post by Louis.
Working next to 40 hours a week is surely a reason to find something you enjoy doing.

See above bae xx
Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest