The Student Room Group

Why would he go cold on me?

Me and my co-worker had a good relationship and we got on really well. I started to like him and obviously he picked up on it. We'd walk home together and wait for eachother etc and he'd make up any excuse to get me on the same department as him. Fast forward I got a new job and I had to leave. The day before my last he said he liked me and he knew I liked him and asked for my number. We messaged eachother and everything was going fine.

On my last day at work, we hugged and I felt a shocking feeling (it was so weird) and I cried! So embarrassing but he messaged me when he was done his shift to ask if I was okay and after that he just went cold. I tried to message him but he was giving me short responses. I even jokingly asked if he wanted to ask me out because of something he'd said and he just ignored it. I've left him alone cos I don't want it to seem as if I'm bothering him or clingy. But I am upset I really thought we could at least keep in touch.

Any reasons from a guy's perspective as to why he'd be like this?
Original post by Anonymous
Me and my co-worker had a good relationship and we got on really well. I started to like him and obviously he picked up on it. We'd walk home together and wait for eachother etc and he'd make up any excuse to get me on the same department as him. Fast forward I got a new job and I had to leave. The day before my last he said he liked me and he knew I liked him and asked for my number. We messaged eachother and everything was going fine.

On my last day at work, we hugged and I felt a shocking feeling (it was so weird) and I cried! So embarrassing but he messaged me when he was done his shift to ask if I was okay and after that he just went cold. I tried to message him but he was giving me short responses. I even jokingly asked if he wanted to ask me out because of something he'd said and he just ignored it. I've left him alone cos I don't want it to seem as if I'm bothering him or clingy. But I am upset I really thought we could at least keep in touch.

Any reasons from a guy's perspective as to why he'd be like this?

Something personal or major could've popped up in his life which took his attention away?
He could have perceived the crying as there being something "off" with you (needy/clingy, maybe).

Other situations include busy, new love interest, lose of interest in general.

Balls in his court if he wants to start something with you. Leave him be and focus on yourself, as he may not change his mind.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending