The Student Room Group

IS attack in Baghad today

Over 100 killed (apparently mainly children) and 187 reported to be injured, by a IS car bomb attack in Baghad.

To add to the misfortune, the attack reportedly occured in the evening, and thus happened when the people were breaking/about to break their fasts.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-36696568
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1

Spoiler

Original post by Sfhkh

Spoiler

That must be very difficult for you!

However, this can be lesson for all, remembering the fact that we all are temporary beings.

"For surely we are from God, and to Him we shall return"
(edited 7 years ago)
This isn't a surprise. IS is being very quickly defeated by the Iraqi army amongst other groups and are facing becoming an insurgency again. They seem to be reminding the Iraqi government that they are still a force to be reckoned with in spite of their failures on the battlefield.
Original post by TercioOfParma
This isn't a surprise. IS is being very quickly defeated by the Iraqi army amongst other groups and are facing becoming an insurgency again. They seem to be reminding the Iraqi government that they are still a force to be reckoned with in spite of their failures on the battlefield.

Perhaps, this was linked to them losing territory the other week.

Nonetheless, it still is a great misfortune.
Reply 5
Original post by mil88
Perhaps, this was linked to them losing territory the other week.

Nonetheless, it still is a great misfortune.

Any idea why they may have attacked BD yesterday? Seems very random and erratic what IS are doing (given they're nutters obviously..but even by their own standards). Lack of leadership? Perhaps we're about to turn a corner?
Original post by Themini
Any idea why they may have attacked BD yesterday? Seems very random and erratic what IS are doing.

Iraqi army took Fallujah recently didn't they?

EDIT: I thought by BD you meant Baghdad.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by mil88
That must be very difficult for you!

However, this can be lesson for all, remembering the fact that we all are temporary beings.

"For surely we are from God, and to Him we shall return"

He must love Jigsaw puzzles.
Original post by dozyrosie
He must love Jigsaw puzzles.

I believe you have misunderstood me. I didn't mean this event soley occurred to remind us of death, rather the idea that, this tragic incident has occurred, can we possibly improve ourselves in light of this incident.

Either way, some will sadden, take a lesson from the event, and try to improve themselves. Others will sadden, then forget eventually and some won't care. Which one is greater may seem rather obvious.
Original post by Themini
Any idea why they may have attacked BD yesterday? Seems very random and erratic what IS are doing (given they're nutters obviously..but even by their own standards). Lack of leadership? Perhaps we're about to turn a corner?

Attempt to prove that they are still a large concern?
Original post by mil88
Attempt to prove that they are still a large concern?

Doubt it. Bangladesh (BD) is very neutral as a country although recently they did accuse mossad and the Israeli services of espionage and linking them to IS-causing false flag attacks in the region (which they don't have a history of ever doing *cough* ) .
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Themini
Doubt it. BD is very neutral as a country although recently they did accuse mossad and the Israeli services of espionage and causing false flag attacks (which they don't have a history of ever doing *cough* ) .

On the other hand, many people were angered and worried at how IS still infiltrated the heart of the area (town shopping area) despite the heavy army surveillance and control.

However, we may never know the intention.

Nonetheless, the impact on the victims and their families is my main concern.
(edited 7 years ago)
May Allah bless the souls of these Matyrs and make them happy. Ameen.
Iraq has been poisoned. Ya Allah, remove the poisoners.
Original post by mil88
I believe you have misunderstood me. I didn't mean this event soley occurred to remind us of death, rather the idea that, this tragic incident has occurred, can we possibly improve ourselves in light of this incident.

Either way, some will sadden, take a lesson from the event, and try to improve themselves. Others will sadden, then forget eventually and some won't care. Which one is greater may seem rather obvious.

We can certainly improve on this, stop (not you personally) tacitly supporting these things by claiming they are not true Muslims, they are, even if they are brainwashed into thinking seventy two women are their reward.
Original post by star80
May Allah bless the souls of these Matyrs and make them happy. Ameen.
Iraq has been poisoned. Ya Allah, remove the poisoners.

Wait? Are you praising the bombers?
Wait? Are you praising the bombers?

No? just because I said Matyrs, I mean the Matyrs who were killed by the terrorists.
Original post by dozyrosie
We can certainly improve on this, stop (not you personally) tacitly supporting these things by claiming they are not true Muslims, they are, even if they are brainwashed into thinking seventy two women are their reward.

You just contradicted yourself.
Original post by star80
No? just because I said Matyrs, I mean the Matyrs who were killed by the terrorists.

Well, Martyrs implies they died for their faith. They were literally in the wrong place at the wrong time, so I couldn't see how you meant the innocents. Therefore, I assumed you meant the bombers since they have a thing about dying for their faith (martyrdom).
Original post by star80
You just contradicted yourself.

OK Einstein, how?
Well, Martyrs implies they died for their faith. They were literally in the wrong place at the wrong time, so I couldn't see how you meant the innocents. Therefore, I assumed you meant the bombers since they have a thing about dying for their faith (martyrdom).

In Islam, a Matyr can die in different ways , not strictly for faith.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending