The Student Room Group

Should you talk about everything on your mind to your boyfriend?

I need a little advice. This is a new relationship and alot of things are running through my mind, due to bad experiences. I over think quiet alot things to myself, and I was wondering should I tell him what's on my mind? What's bothering me? Or should I just carry on keeping it to myself?
Well you wouldn't tell him that you think he's gay, would you? But seriously, I think you should only tell him the things which you think could be absolutely necessary to talk about, for example, if he likes the way you look, or if he wants to do something with you. Remember though, honesty is sometimes NOT the best policy.
Depends what the issue is. I wouldn't for example, want to discuss period issues with him. Relationship issues, yes.
Reply 3
Original post by Tiger Rag
Depends what the issue is. I wouldn't for example, want to discuss period issues with him. Relationship issues, yes.

It just little things, like if he doesn't text me back, I think I've done something, or he doesn't want to talk to me. It just gets me down abit thinking I'm not worth his time....
Original post by Anonymous
It just little things, like if he doesn't text me back, I think I've done something, or he doesn't want to talk to me. It just gets me down abit thinking I'm not worth his time....

With something as irrational as that you'll need to tell the relevant person so they can confirm that you're being irrational. Keeping it to yourself is not wise.

Just know that that's a problem on your end, not his - not to say that that's your fault though. Some people can overthink things or get anxious easily. If you talked to him about that every time something happened, you would come across as clingy and that is not a good thing. I mean, you could try explaining to him how you feel and that you would appreciate if he did his best to communicate with you but.. :dontknow:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 6
I think it would terrify me to hear about everything that goes on in my better half's head.

It would terrify her to hear how little goes on in my hear.
Reply 7
Original post by SeanFM
Just know that that's a problem on your end, not his - not to say that that's your fault though. Some people can overthink things or get anxious easily. If you talked to him about that every time something happened, you would come across as clingy and that is not a good thing. I mean, you could try explaining to him how you feel and that you would appreciate if he did his best to communicate with you but.. :dontknow:

I think I just need to keep reminding myself that men do things differently to us woman. I just feel like he's getting bored of me when he stops replying or he takes abit longer to answer me back even when I ring him his delay in answering is getting longer. I'm probably over thinking things abit too much tbh, but I just don't want to get hurt or loose him.
I think I just need to keep reminding myself that men do things differently to us woman. I just feel like he's getting bored of me when he stops replying or he takes abit longer to answer me back even when I ring him his delay in answering is getting longer. I'm probably over thinking things abit too much tbh, but I just don't want to get hurt or loose him.

Whatever helps, I suppose. I'm not sure what would, to be honest. I appreciate that it's not as easy as me telling you 'right, stop worrying about that. just trust him' because it's so easy to just overthink things or jump to conclusions or read into things that aren't there.

It's if he ever like goes cold on you for days or end or ignores text is when you need to start being worried.
Reply 9
Original post by SeanFM
Whatever helps, I suppose. I'm not sure what would, to be honest. I appreciate that it's not as easy as me telling you 'right, stop worrying about that. just trust him' because it's so easy to just overthink things or jump to conclusions or read into things that aren't there.

It's if he ever like goes cold on you for days or end or ignores text is when you need to start being worried.

I just dont know what else to do. Theres no point in double texting him.
I just dont know what else to do. Theres no point in double texting him.

Maybe it'll get better in time with reminding yourself that you're just overthinking things.
Original post by offhegoes
I think it would terrify me to hear about everything that goes on in my better half's head.

It would terrify her to hear how little goes on in my hear.

Loooool, thanks for the laugh.
I need a little advice. This is a new relationship and alot of things are running through my mind, due to bad experiences. I over think quiet alot things to myself, and I was wondering should I tell him what's on my mind? What's bothering me? Or should I just carry on keeping it to myself?

Ask him can we talk? If he says yes then his fault for saying yes. Bombard him with your thoughts.

Whatever you do don't ask him what he's thinking. It'll probably be a mixture of: sex, pizza, game of thrones, euro 2016, sleep and probably a tonne more sex
Original post by SeanFM
Maybe it'll get better in time with reminding yourself that you're just overthinking things.

Yeah hopefully.
Original post by Zygomaticus
Ask him can we talk? If he says yes then his fault for saying yes. Bombard him with your thoughts.

Whatever you do don't ask him what he's thinking. It'll probably be a mixture of: sex, pizza, game of thrones, euro 2016, sleep and probably a tonne more sex

I think hea just tired from his new hours at work, and im over thinking thing. In the end we are never going to understand why men act the way they do and vise versa lol.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending