The Student Room Group
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website

UEA Accommodation Info

Scroll to see replies

Original post by scrawlx101
Got nothing so far...

They have said that they wouldn't all be sent out at once, so might be worth checking the UEA Accommodation Twitter feed as they usually put updates there about when they're sending out batches of offers!
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website
Original post by mobbsy91
I think CA is Courtyard A!

That's correct. Court Yard A.
Original post by University of East Anglia
That's correct. Court Yard A.

Will remember the space for next time :biggrin: :wink:
Will remember the space for next time :biggrin: :wink:

It probably makes more sense without it :wink:
Original post by scrawlx101
Got nothing so far...

I've just seen on Twitter that they've said not all UG UF offer holders room offers have been given out yet, and that they should be out within 7 days!
what happens if i was to get in to UEA via clearing...
Original post by fefssdf
what happens if i was to get in to UEA via clearing...

You could apply for accomodation but you wouldn't be guarenteed it so you may have to organise your own.
Original post by jelly1000
You could apply for accomodation but you wouldn't be guarenteed it so you may have to organise your own.

i wish unis would actually make enough accommodation for every undergraduate -__
Original post by fefssdf
i wish unis would actually make enough accommodation for every undergraduate -__

They have just built two new entire accommodation blocks so it's not like they don't recognise the need for more accommodation. But it's not just as simple as saying, let's chuck in another 1000 rooms...
They have just built two new entire accommodation blocks so it's not like they don't recognise the need for more accommodation. But it's not just as simple as saying, let's chuck in another 1000 rooms...

Yh I guess i can't have it all hah
Reply 90
Original post by jbailey24
I got my room offer a few days ago for the village the room startsUVCA just wondering what does the CA part mean? I'm guessing the next part is like floor and room or something?
UVCA15AWould be University Village, Courtyard A, flat 15, room AThe flats are arranged in blocks within each building. So in Courtyard A flats 1-6 are in one block (i.e. use the same external door), then 7-12, then 13-18 and so on. The first two in each block are on the ground floor, the next two first floor and the last two top floor. I hope that sort of makes sense!

Original post by fefssdf
Yh I guess i can't have it all hah
Yeah, UEA actually managed it for longer than most. Of the 5 unis I applied to, at the time UEA gave me a guarantee even if I put them as my insurance (it's only recently they've stopped this due to rising student numbers) whereas the other four I'd have had to be very lucky to get uni accommodation if I was an insurance - some, they didn't even have enough for all the firmers!
Do part-time postgraduates get guaranteed accommodation? (I'm not an international student)

Also, I am thinking of applying for accommodation, particularly STandard Single City (Mary Chapman) or Standard single campus (Orwell Close, Wolfson Close). I'd prefer the latter, would they make sure that I'd be sharing with other grad students?

How many people do you share toilets/bathrooms with and how many are there available? Is it 1 toilet/bathroom per flat or are there lots of cubicles on the floor? What are the sanitary conditions usually?

Thanks for any help!
Reply 92
So from reading the email UEA has sent to me it appears that Home Undergrads need to be at campus 19/20th of Sept but home Undergrads only get accommodation 24/25 Sept and SU's fresher's is W/C 18th Sept. Anyone else see something wrong here?
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 93
Hey I was in ziggs (norfolk terrace) last year so if you have any questions then shoot

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 94
Original post by meaow1990
Do part-time postgraduates get guaranteed accommodation? (I'm not an international student)

Also, I am thinking of applying for accommodation, particularly STandard Single City (Mary Chapman) or Standard single campus (Orwell Close, Wolfson Close). I'd prefer the latter, would they make sure that I'd be sharing with other grad students?

How many people do you share toilets/bathrooms with and how many are there available? Is it 1 toilet/bathroom per flat or are there lots of cubicles on the floor? What are the sanitary conditions usually?

Thanks for any help!

O/W have cubicles shared between a group I believe whereas Mary Chapman has 2 bathrooms per flat.

I don't think they can guarantee who you'll be sharing with but I think you can let them know a preference. For O/W there's usually one of the buildings that's mostly post grads so it's likely you'd be with them there.

Please correct me if anyone sees anything that's changed (esp the O/W bathrooms as I haven't seen a pic in a while!)

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Jasian
So from reading the email UEA has sent to me it appears that Home Undergrads need to be at campus 19/20th of Sept but home Undergrads only get accommodation 24/25 Sept and SU's fresher's is W/C 18th Sept. Anyone else see something wrong here?

the standard academic year is from the 26th september with freshers week being that week. Some courses start earlier (medicine, allied health courses the main ones) and for those students studying them accomodation move in date is earlier too. Medics also have their own freshers week.
Original post by jbailey24
I got my room offer a few days ago for the village the room startsUVCA just wondering what does the CA part mean? I'm guessing the next part is like floor and room or something?

Hey there, I got an offer for the University Village too! Pretty pleased with it, are you?
Original post by sarahl13
Hey I was in ziggs (norfolk terrace) last year so if you have any questions then shoot

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have a question if that's alright; I was assigned to Norfolk terrace in the ziggs at Block F Flat 1. Can you tell me where that is in terms of where it is in the building i.e ground floor or first floor etc. Also if by any chance you know anything else about that specific flat or block that would be superrr :smile:

Anyone else in that flat? or close by?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by chloehowcroft
Hey there, I got an offer for the University Village too! Pretty pleased with it, are you?

Yes it looks so nice i was really hoping id get village, which part are you in?
It is only Wed so far! Also remember most of your flatmates to be won't have accomodation offers yet

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending