The Student Room Group

POLL: What is your view of Jaysh Al Fatah (a terrorist group in Syria)?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by dozyrosie
The call of a book is not what we should consider sane, in fact most people do not consider murder a sane act. Is religion so evil it calls for murder? So are the Looneys just evil?

Or are the looneys just true followers?
Original post by IronicalMan
Or are the looneys just true followers?

They may well be, but any rational person would question why a loving god would allow such a fragmented and violent situation.
They may well be, but any rational person would question why a loving god would allow such a fragmented and violent situation.

But that's all subjective to societies standards, is it not?
Original post by Tawheed
IdeasforLife, you have a wonderful opportunity here, to give me, a muslim brother guidance on this issue.

You have, i feel, totally side-stepped the entire topic in discussion.

What is your view of Jaysh Al Fatah ?

Why are you so keen to know? I think we all agree they're all complete scum still stuck in the middle ages.
Reply 104
Original post by cbreef
Why are you so keen to know? I think we all agree they're all complete scum still stuck in the middle ages.

Have a read of his posts on this thread, from page 1 onwards[he deleted them all, but you can see them through me quoting them] . He posted on some of his other temporary accounts, so look at the person i am quoting in page 1, and perhaps you'll find out why i am keen to know.
But that's all subjective to societies standards, is it not?

To human or animal, yes. Not to a god, it is impossible to believe that a perfectly omniscient being could be so stupid to think he could fool ME.
To human or animal, yes. Not to a god, it is impossible to believe that a perfectly omniscient being could be so stupid to think he could fool ME.

Or perhaps he is putting you through a future epidemic to test you faith?
An all knowing god, being able to fool you? either you're a person who believes he is more intelligent than any other possible thing, or you just believe god isn't real. I am agnostic btw, just trying to rationally argue things, I cannot be sure god doesn't exist, or a god rather, or it could be aliens and such, you never really know... BUT I am trying to argue why these people are true follows even if you disagree with them, if they follow letter for letter, they're true follows even if you disagree with them? If such does exist, maybe he's testing you in the future, given the future in unknown?
Original post by Tawheed
Salamunalaykum,

I'm back brothers, i thank you for your patience.

I just want to address this post before i move on to performing research and preparing my reply. If a user has said x, and i say a user has said x, without giving the name, it is not an indirect attack. Trying to cause enmity between me, and someone who has replied directly to my post, and what i feel is a decent [but ultimately inadequate attempt] at convincing me of his position isn't right.

I have made it clear, the idea of anyone using 'rh' in front of Zahran Alloush is something i am against.

To state this plainly is not an indirect attack, it is a direct disagreement, and there is absolutely nothing wrong with it. The fact i did not use the name means more for what i care about not wanting to make it seem like i have anything personal with brother zamestaneh, but moreso the idea of someone who uses 'rh'.

Secondly, Yazid, a man who has been absolutely ripped to shreds by many respectable ahlus-sunnah scholars themselves, a tyrant, a wicked man the grandson of Abu Sufiyan, the hand-picked son of Muawiyah, is a man no sunni i have met here would ever add the words 'rh' infront of, yet no sunni i see are going to perform takfir either.

Ibn Fulaan is one example. He would never add 'rh' infront of Yazid. I have seen sunni imams and sheikhs rip Zakir Naik to shreds over this[ he used r.a i believe, or 'may Allah be pleased with him']

Adding 'rh' infront of a name, is honorary. It shows respect, that you respect that individual and so, after saying his name, add in the 'rh'. Ofcourse, you can pray for mercy for anyone, but it is widely and of common practise to use 'rh' for the ulema, the scholars, men of dignity and respect.

Are you willing to say, 'Osama bin Laden (rh)' ?

Rh means you ask Allah to bestow his mercy on him.

As Zahran Alloush did in his video, after stating he met Bin Laden.

Suffice to say, for any truthseeking individual, which i assume we all are, it is contrary to the principles of honesty to suggest 'rh' is widely used for anyone, from the dictator to the pure scholar, and not most commonly used for symbols of high respect, or ones you revere, or respect to a fair level.

"Rahimahullah (English: Allah have mercy upon him, Arabic: رحمه الله‎‎) is a phrase often used after mentioning the righteous Islamic personalities who came after the companions of Muhammad. The mention of a late teacher, scholar, leader, or even a dear relative who was known for his goodness can be followed by the praying of mercy upon him."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rahimahullah

And to you.

Then why not just use his name? You have a long history of making remarks at other users without using names so naturally people are going to assume that you're taking digs.

Ibn Fulaan and Yazid aren't relevant to this conversation. Unless you know his view on this matter, it is advisable not to speak for him. @Fulaan do you believe is it Islamically ok for a Muslim to say "Allah have mercy on him" after Yazis'd name? But anyway as Yazid was still a Muslim, yes you can add rh after his name AFAIK.

No, adding "Allah have mercy on him/her" can be used after any Muslims name. Both the wicked and the good.
http://www.islam21c.com/politics/reply-from-dr-haitham-al-haddad-to-allegations-made-in-the-daily-mail-sunday-times-newspaper/

One of the biggest sunni scholars in London, Shaykh Haitham Al-Haddad:

Incidentally, the phrase, “Allah have mercy on him/her/them” is a ubiquitous suffix added upon the mention of ANY deceased Muslim however righteous or wicked—an inalienable right according to the teachings of the Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him).

So in conclusion, what Zamestaneh did was not wrong as you can ask mercy for any deceased Muslim.

Anyway your wiki doesn't contradict me. It says it is often used after the names of the righteous Muslims which is true. If it said "it is only used after the names of righteous Muslims" then it would support you.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Tawheed
Have a read of his posts on this thread, from page 1 onwards[he deleted them all, but you can see them through me quoting them] . He posted on some of his other temporary accounts, so look at the person i am quoting in page 1, and perhaps you'll find out why i am keen to know.

Why are you so keen to know? Enlighten me. I have a little inkling that you're trying to deceitfully pass me (and others) off as AQ supporters on this thread so let's see your answer. Please don't give me a 1000 word deflection. :smile:
Original post by Tawheed
xxx

You always talk about implementing democracy in Syria. Do you support implementing it in Iran? Ya'know overthrow Khameini's regime, free and open election where anyone can stand (rather than just those the regime picks) etc...

So true democracy in Iran? Yes/No?

If no, why?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by TheHistoryKid
Dear OP, regarding the first option in the poll, can we see any proof of Saudi, Qatari or Turkish aid to these groups?

Hello OP, stop ignoring and answer my question, i have quoted it again so you dont have to keep searching.
Or perhaps he is putting you through a future epidemic to test you faith?
An all knowing god, being able to fool you? either you're a person who believes he is more intelligent than any other possible thing, or you just believe god isn't real. I am agnostic btw, just trying to rationally argue things, I cannot be sure god doesn't exist, or a god rather, or it could be aliens and such, you never really know... BUT I am trying to argue why these people are true follows even if you disagree with them, if they follow letter for letter, they're true follows even if you disagree with them? If such does exist, maybe he's testing you in the future, given the future in unknown?

No! That is the pathetic answer, it cannot be justified so it has to be a test. An all knowing god who creates such division in the world just to see if you love him, even though he knows the answer, is as bad as a resolution as I can think of. There must be a better answer than this to justify this mysterious god.
No! That is the pathetic answer, it cannot be justified so it has to be a test. An all knowing god who creates such division in the world just to see if you love him, even though he knows the answer, is as bad as a resolution as I can think of. There must be a better answer than this to justify this mysterious god.

Tbf I don't even believe in "god" but maybe a god exists idk.......
Tbf I don't even believe in "god" but maybe a god exists idk.......

A god could exist, it would not be a human invention, it would have to follow some kind of physical laws, else it is just a magician. The one thing physics tells us, you cannot create something from nothing, yet religious folk believe that, at the same time accusing atheists of having that belief.
Original post by Tawheed

It's a shame. I don't think you want any muslim, shia or sunni, to really exist, nor the strength and unity of muslims. If any muslim buys into the secterian propaganda you are trying to promote here, simply because you happen to be on their side, does not recognise you are absolutely no friend of theirs either.

Why do you accuse anyone who disagrees with you as preaching sectarianism?

Countless users have pointed out your hypocrisy and your tendency to be a sweet tongued Iranian mouthpiece. There's a reason why both Muslims and non-Muslims keep reaching the same conclusion about you and it's not because they're sectarian. The only propagandist here is you :tongue:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by TheHistoryKid
Hello OP, stop ignoring and answer my question, i have quoted it again so you dont have to keep searching.

Not OP, but Jaish al Fateh is a coalition of different groups, and some of those groups are backed by Middle Eastern countries including Saudi Arabia and Turkey. Turkey allows the flow of weapons across its border into rebel territory. And the JAF coalition itself apparently came out of increased cooperation between Turkey, SA and Qatar.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/middle-east/syria-crisis-turkey-and-saudi-arabia-shock-western-countries-by-supporting-anti-assad-jihadists-10242747.html
Original post by Tawheed

What did he say? Al Nusra Front/Daesh, same thing to me, same idea.
Original post by omfgalib
I think we should just nuke the entire middle east then let the "refugees" drown, and put their heads on spears around the boarders.

boarders yes
Yeah I'm not going to respond to you. It's a waste of my time so go ahead and make all the insinuations you want from this.
Original post by Ibn Fulaan
Yeah I'm not going to respond to you. It's a waste of my time so go ahead and make all the insinuations you want from this.

"Who is Ibn Fulaan?"

#S(hia)pubsRefutation

Quick Reply

Latest