The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Opinions on LGBT people

Scroll to see replies

I am indifferent really. I treat people from the LGBT community the same as everyone else, if I don't like someone who is from the LGBT community then it will be because of their personality, not their sexuality. I have no reason to dislike a person simply because their sexual orientation differs from mine.
(edited 7 years ago)
they're just people lol
I respect them for being brave enough to be able to tell people with all the hate in the world.
I personally treat them the same as anyone else, because you are all normal people.
It disgusts me when people hate LGBT people because theres nothing about them thats different to hetero people. Just because they are attracted to the sane sex or dont feel comfortable in their body, doesnt mean theres anything wrong with them, because there isnt!
So it doesnt matter to me if people are LGBT because theyre normal people!
This is the cycle yeah;
Someone makes a gay opinions thread for the 746387463598465084753344983th time
Someone (normally Muslim) says something homophobic
The thread turns into a debate about Islam and Islamophobia
Rinse and repeat

Honestly these threads get old and the same things gets said everytime
Original post by Leviathan1741
I am indifferent really. I treat people from the LGBT community the same as everyone else, if I don't like someone who is from the LGBT community then it will be because of their personality, not their sexuality. I have no reason to dislike a person simply because their sexual orientation differs from mine.

Original post by FireFreezer77
I respect them for being brave enough to be able to tell people with all the hate in the world.
I personally treat them the same as anyone else, because you are all normal people.
It disgusts me when people hate LGBT people because theres nothing about them thats different to hetero people. Just because they are attracted to the sane sex or dont feel comfortable in their body, doesnt mean theres anything wrong with them, because there isnt!
So it doesnt matter to me if people are LGBT because theyre normal people!

PRSOM :yep:
Given we're not a homogeneous group, I'd find it pretty hard to have an opinion on all of us. We have to keep adding letters, let's not pretend it's that simple.
don't really care. I'm friends with a few gay people, never had a problem with it tbh.
I really don't mind LGBT whatever, they can do what they want, and they don't deserve to be bullied or persecuted. Just because I can't get my head around it, doesn't mean that it's wrong. However, I do think it goes a little too far sometimes. If I'm not wrong, New York now recognises 31 genders. That's going a little far. Why can't you just be a girl who likes to dress in boy's clothes sometimes? There are just too many labels in my opinion:redface:. They can go for it though, doesn't affect me I guess:biggrin:
Original post by minimarshmallow
Given we're not a homogeneous group, I'd find it pretty hard to have an opinion on all of us. We have to keep adding letters, let's not pretend it's that simple.

You mean we're not all clones? God dammit, the gay agenda has been lying to us again!
Original post by Tom Jickleson
Nobody cares that you're gay to be honest

Actually you'd be surprised.

You'd be surprised about how much covert homophobia there is, and stereotypes.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by shadowdweller
You mean we're not all clones? God dammit, the gay agenda has been lying to us again!

We all grow on trees! :gasp:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by shadowdweller

Wake up Sheeple!

Original post by XcitingStuart
We all grow on trees! :gasp:

Posted from TSR Mobile

:lolwut: Speak for yourself.
Original post by loveleest
I don't judge people on their sexuality or whatever, it's ridiculous. They deserve as much rights as an hetrosexual person.

They already have the same rights as heterosexual people
Original post by donutellme

You have got to be joking me.
Have you seen how they treat lgbt+ people in other countries?
You have got to be joking me.
Have you seen how they treat lgbt+ people in other countries?

Fair point. I assumed you meant in the West.

Even in the west is not all that great. A lot still get treated like **** :/
Think about the shooting that recently happened, gay couples still get beaten up, trans people have higher rates of suicide.

You kidding bruh?

Even in the West, same sex marriage isn't universal.
In Germany for example there are civil partnerships, but not same sex marriage.
Marriage there offers tax reductions, which makes it institutionalised discrimination.
The only religion older than marriage itself is Zoroatrianism.

And even if there was total equality in law, there's still the issue of social discrimination and prejudice, like the amount of people that compare homosexuals to paedophiles. :colonhash: Another sad thing is, that there's even discrimination within the LGBT community, such as "bi-erasure", and there are people who advocate positive discrimination (like in all other areas of life.)
I don't see how that makes them any different. If they're nice, they're nice. If they aren't, they aren't.
Even in the west is not all that great. A lot still get treated like **** :/
Think about the shooting that recently happened, gay couples still get beaten up, trans people have higher rates of suicide.

Original post by XcitingStuart
You kidding bruh?

Even in the West, same sex marriage isn't universal.
In Germany for example there are civil partnerships, but not same sex marriage.
Marriage there offers tax reductions, which makes it institutionalised discrimination.
The only religion older than marriage itself is Zoroatrianism.

And even if there was total equality in law, there's still the issue of social discrimination and prejudice, like the amount of people that compare homosexuals to paedophiles. :colonhash: Another sad thing is, that there's even discrimination within the LGBT community, such as "bi-erasure", and there are people who advocate positive discrimination (like in all other areas of life.)

That's not about rights. They have those rights. It's about social attitude.

Homosexual individuals have the same rights as heterosexuals, e.g. the right to marry someone of the opposite sex.

They have the same rights. Equal rights. But perhaps not entirely fair rights.

Just a technicality.
But perhaps not entirely fair rights.

Right.

Latest

Trending

Trending