The Student Room Group

What shall I apply for?

My boyfriend wants me to apply for a job when I go to University in September but I don't know how I am gonna manage it. Because I'll be doing a degree which has placements and stuff. My degree is called diagnostic radiography. SO please any advice would be helpful like what kinda job would be easier for me to handle etc!?
why does he want you to do a job? tell him you cant manage both things at the same time :yep: he should understand your struggle rather than increasing it :holmes:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 2
actually it's simple - sign up to the bank, at the hospital where your placements are.
Original post by Anonymous
My boyfriend wants me to apply for a job when I go to University in September but I don't know how I am gonna manage it. Because I'll be doing a degree which has placements and stuff. My degree is called diagnostic radiography. SO please any advice would be helpful like what kinda job would be easier for me to handle etc!?

@ZuluK should know a thing or two about this. :smile:
Reply 4

Heyyy I'm currently doing Diagnostic Radiography and I'm working. But my job is working as a radiography assistant in my local hospital and going on placement and working weekends is a killer.

Will you be staying at uni? Or commuting? Because you can usually get an afternoon job at uni and they're pretty lenient for hours. But I would start uni first and see whether you can handle the course Material first. Also, if you really needed a job, just do one day a week like a Saturday at a supermarket or in retail to get some money coming in.

How come your boyfriend wants you to have a job in the first place? Do you have the NHS bursary? You most likely don't need a job if you get a student loan for help with costs and NHS bursary.

Hope that helps. :biggrin:
Reply 5
Original post by fatima1998
why does he want you to do a job? tell him you cant manage both things at the same time :yep: he should understand your struggle rather than increasing it :holmes:

He wants me to do a job because he feels like I need it for a living! No, he is pretty understanding to be honest and I feel like I need a job too!
Reply 6
Original post by slinky748
actually it's simple - sign up to the bank, at the hospital where your placements are.

Oh okiee thankyouuu!
Reply 7
Original post by Foo.mp3
1) Why does he want you to do that?

2) Do you want to work?

1. Because he feels like I need a job for a living

2. Yep I don't mind working as long as I can handle the workload because I feel like I need a job to sort out my expenses.
Reply 8
Original post by ZuluK
Heyyy I'm currently doing Diagnostic Radiography and I'm working. But my job is working as a radiography assistant in my local hospital and going on placement and working weekends is a killer.

Will you be staying at uni? Or commuting? Because you can usually get an afternoon job at uni and they're pretty lenient for hours. But I would start uni first and see whether you can handle the course Material first. Also, if you really needed a job, just do one day a week like a Saturday at a supermarket or in retail to get some money coming in.

How come your boyfriend wants you to have a job in the first place? Do you have the NHS bursary? You most likely don't need a job if you get a student loan for help with costs and NHS bursary.

Hope that helps. :biggrin:

Hiyaa, oo how does it feel like both working and studying at the same time? Oh okie I didn't know that there is a post called radiography assistant.

I'll be staying at uni accommodation. Afternoon job? Like what? Oh yea that's what I was thinking too.

Because he feels like I might need a job for my expenses and I feel like maybe he is right. I have applied for NHS bursary but they still haven't got back to me yet.

Thankyouu so much! :smile:
Hiyaa, oo how does it feel like both working and studying at the same time? Oh okie I didn't know that there is a post called radiography assistant.

I'll be staying at uni accommodation. Afternoon job? Like what? Oh yea that's what I was thinking too.

Because he feels like I might need a job for my expenses and I feel like maybe he is right. I have applied for NHS bursary but they still haven't got back to me yet.

Thankyouu so much! :smile:

I don't know anything about DR or living costs or bursaries or anything like that, but the question is - does your boyfriend? Is he a uni student or even a DR student?

Quick Reply

Latest