The Student Room Group

I realized, that poor people really have it easy in the uk

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Blue_Mason
I mean their accommodation is paid for, they are given a weekly allowance.
I spoke to a person who gets full housing benefits, jsa and he just has a laid back life

Have you tried it out? Pergaps the experience might make you change you mind as you would then know what you were talking about.
Osborne on your avatar.

lel
Are you a George Osborne cosplayer or something? You look and sound just like hin
Original post by 999tigger
Have you tried it out? Pergaps the experience might make you change you mind as you would then know what you were talking about.

I would but the 50 a week would barely cover my weekly expenses.
Original post by Zargabaath
Are you a George Osborne cosplayer or something? You look and sound just like hin

Nope, but I did want George to become the prime minister.
I would but the 50 a week would barely cover my weekly expenses.

So really just another troll by you. No wonder you have the reputation you do.
So really just another troll by you. No wonder you have the reputation you do.

Firstly I own a car and commute in London,plus I eat out every week so because of my living expenses I cannot live happily on 50 a week.
I have a good rep count
I have met around 8, but there is not need to be so critical and harsh against me

Wow that was a really depressing post, but It is a rare thing to witness, maybe they were refugees?

If you can't take it, then don't dish it it out. Knowing 8 people who are poor doesn't exactly give an accurate overview of what it is like to experience poverty. Anyone with an iota of intelligence could work that one out - you being supposedly of above average intelligence,n'all. Intelligence is commendable but a given situation. Empathy along with it makes for a better outlook.
Original post by Seamus123
If you can't take it, then don't dish it it out. Knowing 8 people who are poor doesn't exactly give an accurate overview of what it is like to experience poverty. Anyone with an iota of intelligence could work that one out - you being supposedly of above average intelligence,n'all. Intelligence is commendable but a given situation. Empathy along with it makes for a better outlook.

When I had visited america I have witnessed actually crippling poverty, and have not really seen the same level of poverty in London.
I have not seen tent cities in london.
Firstly I own a car and commute in London,plus I eat out every week so because of my living expenses I cannot live happily on 50 a week.
I have a good rep count

Then why are you making a statement that they have it easy? You consistently post moronic trolling threads, which you acknowledged..
I spoke to a person who gets full housing benefits, jsa and he just has a laid back life

We live in a country where the poor have internet access and smart phones, there are no poor people in the UK.
I have met around 8, but there is not need to be so critical and harsh against me

Wow that was a really depressing post, but It is a rare thing to witness, maybe they were refugees?

The problem is, your post suggests it is indeed rare for you to see it with your own eyes. That doesn't mean poverty is itself rare, because it isn't. Even in a developed country. These people were not refugees, and it doesn't matter whether they were refugees or born and bred in England. The fact is they have nothing, they are poor and they do not have it easy.

I can't imagine how scared I'd be to have to use the light of a train station to light my way at night because I don't even have a roof over my head. When I saw these people, it had recently snowed and that was not an isolated experience. I've also seen families sleeping parks at night or just by the road.
Then why are you making a statement that they have it easy? You consistently post moronic trolling threads, which you acknowledged..

They have it easy if compared to poor people in other countries, and their is no need to throw insults so learn to be civil.
They have it easy if compared to poor people in other countries, and their is no need to throw insults so learn to be civil.

So your startling revelation is that a welfare system is better in the UK than in Africa, althoufgh you have no experience of it and couldnt survive on it yourself. Well done for that insight. Awesome.
So your startling revelation is that a welfare system is better in the UK than in Africa, althoufgh you have no experience of it and couldnt survive on it yourself. Well done for that insight. Awesome.

I have not been to Africa, but if I were to mention the us, I would say that the UK has the best welfare system in the country.
The fact that people do no have to worry about paying rent and can live in livable conditions and can cover basic expenses, is what makes me proud.
Yeah we are lucky in the sense that none of us starve to death or have to drink muddy unfiltered water straight from the river like the really poor people in Africa and India. We get some sort of shelter and food and clothes which is nice and good enough I guess if you don't have a job or any thing. So yeah life's pretty good I guess because we are in a welfar state
I have not been to Africa, but if I were to mention the us, I would say that the UK has the best welfare system in the country.
The fact that people do no have to worry about paying rent and can live in livable conditions and can cover basic expenses, is what makes me proud.

Funny that I deal with cleints all the time who have trouble meeting their rent, have rubbisg landlords, live in poor quality accommodation and struggle to live.

Go and do some work where you actually deal with people on benefits and then you might know what you are talking about. Its stupid you saying how easy they have it when you yourself say you couldnt cope. What a load of ignorant tosh.

Carry on being proud of a system you obviously know nothing about.
Reply 37

No offence, but you're incredibly stupid.
Not really.
Some poor people have no idea where they are going to get their next meal from. I don't think every poor person is entitled to weekly allowances anyway, and even then it's not a lot of money.
It's not a "laid back" lifestyle you described or wouldn't everyone be on benefits don't you think?

"have it easy" ok m8. You try bringing up your kids on minimum wage.

Quick Reply

Latest