The Student Room Group

Israel Cuts off Palestinian Access to Their Own Water Supplies

Scroll to see replies

Original post by nutcase13
The IDF seems to be no stranger to causing ****-shows across the region, im sure it would just be another day at work for them.

Well here's your choice, would you rather cut off the water or have one of the most technologically advanced militaries blowing **** up?
Original post by TercioOfParma
Well here's your choice, would you rather cut off the water or have one of the most technologically advanced militaries blowing **** up?

Tbh im not sure how you would go about doing it, but im sure the answer isn't to cause innocent people to suffer. Also i don't understand how either of those actions would help catch the attacker.
Tbh im not sure how you would go about doing it, but im sure the answer isn't to cause innocent people to suffer. Also i don't understand how either of those actions would help catch the attacker.

Well, the palestinian government isn't just going to arrest the guy and hand him over are they?
Well, the palestinian government isn't just going to arrest the guy and hand him over are they?

no, surely this is what the numerous Israeli special forces are for tho, covert ops, extraction missions etc? If you cut off the water you are not only going to cause suffering for innocent people but you are still not going to catch the attacker, so whats the point of it?
no, surely this is what the numerous Israeli special forces are for tho, covert ops, extraction missions etc? If you cut off the water you are not only going to cause suffering for innocent people but you are still not going to catch the attacker, so whats the point of it?

Why would they waste special forces on one missile when they literally get dozens?
Why would they waste special forces on one missile when they literally get dozens?

Well what do you suggest the israeli govt do? Punish innocent people? Cause starvation/dehydration which is likely to escalate tensions even further?
Well what do you suggest the israeli govt do? Punish innocent people? Cause starvation/dehydration which is likely to escalate tensions even further?

Better than doing nothing in their eyes. Honestly, I think they should just annex palestine and make it a regular province, there are muslims living just fine in the rest of israel.
Why are you pretending to be a white girl? Your Facebook and student room profiles are founded upon lies.
That's irrelevant, would you feed a person who kept punching you?

An analogy which is doesn't even make sense , the 40k people aren't punching anyone metaphorically speaking. Looking at your other posts , your mindset is no better than those throwing rockets into Israel. It's ok to nuke israel as well , since they shot a Palestinian ( your logic)
Original post by PrincessZara
According to an experienced reporter on Palestine, 50 percent of the water to a city of 40,000 people has been cut off during Ramadan, a time “when people need to have access to food and water more than any other time.”

Absolutely disgusing and inhumane.

http://anonhq.com/weaponized-water-israel-cuts-off-palestinian-access-water-supplies/

Thats Benjamin Netanhayu for you.. Thats the UN for you.. absolutely disgusting how a country the size of London is in the top 4 military powers in the world... They commit acts of heinous nature hourly against the Palestinians yet still milk the holocaust.. disgusting, hypocritical and absolutely shambolic...

and all those that say they deserve it.. Israelis stole land, dont ever forget that.. they brutalize, rape, maim, little children, and women and torture men.. they cut off there food supplies like there animals.. and you expect no fight?? Hamas retaliate with single shot rifles and pitchforks.. against super tanks and iron done missile systems... its a truly David v Goliath situation, the Palestinians bravery should be lauded til the end of time!
Disgusting behaviour, and yet the World turns a blind eye.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Enginerd.
Disgusting behaviour, and yet the World turns a blind eye.

Including the Palestinian Authority. Weird, yeah? Or not? Where are desperate appeals of the Palestinian government and the president? Did you think about that? Well, it's just rhetorical questions, dude..
Most likely a burst water pipe led to the water being cut off for a short period of time. The pro-Palestine media are going to use this to make Israel look bad and the pro-Jewish media are going to try to say it was by accident. This is how the media works unfortunately.

The fact remains, people are suffering in the Middle Eastern regions. The sooner the Oil fields dry up the better! All these problems are not just about Religion, it is more about money and power. Religion is the catalyst being manipulated by the West and allies to destabilize these Countries so we can exploit their raw materials. Extremism and terrorism being the tool to allow military occupation of these countries so to appear to be helping when in fact we are stealing!

So back to Israel and the Zionist movement in particular and how the above benefits them. Hamas are classed as a terrorist organisation by many countries and their media. So the narrative of terrorism in the Middle East helps Israel to sell this story and continue their campaign to grab more and more land from the Palestinians. The world believes that Israel are trying to defeat a terrorist origination and defend itself when in actual fact, they have been taking more and more land away from the Palestinians! This same tactic is being recycled throughout the Middle East.

FourMaps2.png

Many people will disagree with my version of events and I do understand why they do. I have nothing to gain by trying to explain it how I have above, I just feel it needs to be pointed out. It makes a lot more sense to me and I have seen enough examples of this pattern of "intervention" to call it out for what it is. Power hungry people making a lot of money whilst causing suffering and chaos for countless people in the world. They are achieving this with much of the world's blessing too.. due the media manipulation.

Ask yourself some questions:
1) What have these terrorists actually got to gain?
2) who has benefited most?
3) Who has the most military power?

It could be argued that if Israel are so powerful then why don't they simply annihilate the Palestinians once and for all? Although I am sure they would love to do this.. it would make them look bad to the rest of the world. Also many Countries would not be very happy about it!
Original post by animus1
This article cites an Al-Jazeera report from June 23 (http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2016/06/israel-water-cuts-west-bank-full-crisis-mode-160620133005799.html), which was found to be false.

http://honestreporting.com/water-apartheid/
“Water Apartheid” Was Really Just a Burst Pipe, But the Media Don’t Care

There's a huge amount of anti-Israel propaganda lately. This played right into their hands. People are so quick to believe the worst about Israel... sigh. But they have a better human rights record than Palestine.
Original post by jeremy1988
There's a huge amount of anti-Israel propaganda lately. This played right into their hands. People are so quick to believe the worst about Israel... sigh. But they have a better human rights record than Palestine.

Yes it may well be propaganda.. now about this human rights record? may I see it please?
Original post by TSR Mustafa
An analogy which is doesn't even make sense , the 40k people aren't punching anyone metaphorically speaking. Looking at your other posts , your mindset is no better than those throwing rockets into Israel. It's ok to nuke israel as well , since they shot a Palestinian ( your logic)

Their leader is literally the chairman of an anti israeli organisation.
Original post by animus1
This article cites an Al-Jazeera report from June 23 (http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2016/06/israel-water-cuts-west-bank-full-crisis-mode-160620133005799.html), which was found to be false.

http://honestreporting.com/water-apartheid/
“Water Apartheid” Was Really Just a Burst Pipe, But the Media Don’t Care

I remember last time a thread was made on the water issue, this article was posted.

I think the problem with the Palestine/Israel issue is that on both sides, the truth is stretched and sometimes lies are made so as to support their own agenda which only causes confusion. When it comes to an issue like this, I don't know who to believe.

Original post by Iknowbest
Anti-Defamation, I am with you sir.. unfortunately being a Holocaust Denier on this forum is forbidden! We are seen to be too stupid to actually have an opinion and of course the Holocaust did happen how they like to tell the story! We must be mentally ill to even contemplate they might be lying!

I made a post sometime ago about this, which I still think relevant as ever in regards to TSR:

I think the Holocaust should still be allowed to be up for debate. I dislike how the term anti-semite is thrown at anyone who might wish to discuss or question the Holocaust. It is as if the word anti-semite is used to silence people. If one were to deny the Holocaust they would not be called homophobic, how comes? Many gay people were killed during the Holocaust. If one were to deny the Holocaust, they would not get called antiziganist despite the fact that many gypsies were killed in it.

The Holocaust should be debated as many details are questionable. Figures for the amount who died vary widely between sources. It is a false dichotomy to assume that there are only two positions within this dicussion, namely denial or acceptance of the Holocaust.

I also don't like how the Holocaust is afforded special exemptions that other genocides don't have. The Holodomor happened around the same time as the Holocaust and is estimated to have killed similar amounts of people, yet the Holodomor can seem to be questioned or denied without one being labelled a castigating term and one does not get there posts deleted or account banned for debating or question the Holodomor. In fact, the UK government doesn't even officially recognise the Holodomor.
Original post by PrincessZara
According to an experienced reporter on Palestine, 50 percent of the water to a city of 40,000 people has been cut off during Ramadan, a time “when people need to have access to food and water more than any other time.”

Absolutely disgusing and inhumane.

http://anonhq.com/weaponized-water-israel-cuts-off-palestinian-access-water-supplies/

They get plenty from 25 arab countries that fund Hamas and Palestine via the secret tunnels. :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 38
Original post by The Epicurean
I remember last time a thread was made on the water issue, this article was posted.

I think the problem with the Palestine/Israel issue is that on both sides, the truth is stretched and sometimes lies are made so as to support their own agenda which only causes confusion. When it comes to an issue like this, I don't know who to believe.

That is true, there are often those from either side wanting to spread propaganda. I will say I have seen such a disproportionate degree of dishonest propaganda from Al-Jazeera (the source of the earlier article in June).
Reply 39

You disgusting apologist. How is this even relevant? Good job, citing a totally unbiased paper.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending