The Student Room Group

Volunteering or paid work?

Which do i choose? I am going to university in September and i am studying Adult Nursing. I stopped volunteering for a while as i wanted to focus on my college course as well as my paid work at the same hospital. Now i have the opportunity to start volunteering again, however me doing overtime does stop me from doing volunteering, but gives me some extra cash for uni.

Will the university take into account i have stopped volunteering and is it still worth going, with the option of overtime?
Original post by tailred
Which do i choose? I am going to university in September and i am studying Adult Nursing. I stopped volunteering for a while as i wanted to focus on my college course as well as my paid work at the same hospital. Now i have the opportunity to start volunteering again, however me doing overtime does stop me from doing volunteering, but gives me some extra cash for uni.

Will the university take into account i have stopped volunteering and is it still worth going, with the option of overtime?

Hey Tailred, congrats on getting a place on a pre-reg Nursing course - they are really competitive programmes. The big question is what is required for your programme - have they asked you to get some more experience before you start, and did they specify what?

If they didn't, then it will be very much up to you - if you think you will be OK financially, would volunteering be a more valued as far as experience goes? How varied is your job and your volunteering, and which is most relevant?

Dave (Enquiries, Wrexham Glyndwr University)
Reply 2
Original post by Glyndŵr University
Hey Tailred, congrats on getting a place on a pre-reg Nursing course - they are really competitive programmes. The big question is what is required for your programme - have they asked you to get some more experience before you start, and did they specify what?

If they didn't, then it will be very much up to you - if you think you will be OK financially, would volunteering be a more valued as far as experience goes? How varied is your job and your volunteering, and which is most relevant?

Dave (Enquiries, Wrexham Glyndwr University)

Thanks for replying Dave.

They did not, i would like to save a bit off cash before leaving, just to have some spending money.

The job is a cleaning job, however I see a lot. I've seen all off the wards and the work that is done in them.

I rang them up today anyway to ask what i could do and they said i should just come in when ever possible.
Original post by tailred
Thanks for replying Dave.

They did not, i would like to save a bit off cash before leaving, just to have some spending money.

The job is a cleaning job, however I see a lot. I've seen all off the wards and the work that is done in them.

I rang them up today anyway to ask what i could do and they said i should just come in when ever possible.

That must feel like a bit less pressure then!
Reply 4
Original post by Glyndŵr University
That must feel like a bit less pressure then!

Yeah a lot less pressure. Thanks Dave.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending