The Student Room Group

Nigey is steppin down!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by chemting
Don't deny the tankness of Doug

Wow haha! He just can't help himself :ahee:

Original post by Craig1998
British politics is just a mess at the moment, and I doubt this will be ironed out by 2020.

- Labour is split with Jeremy Corbyn (vote of no confidence but he's still the favourite to lead the party).
- Conservatives are losing their leader and have an extremely poor selection (one of which will then go on to lead the country, why we don't get a vote on this is stupid).
- UKIP have now lost their leader and the one aim of the party has now been fulfilled, there's no use for them anymore. Plus, if they do try and find another leader, I doubt they'll be anywhere near as popular or fun as Farage is.
- SNP's are trying for a second referendum into Scottish independence, which they'll definitely win.
- One dead MP (and that heartless comment by Nigel Farage on it).
- And finally, all the economic and legal issues following Brexit.

As undemocratic as I sound, in hindsight, we should never have even had an EU referendum, if this was the ending result. Brexit has completely ruined British politics for the main 4 parties, I wouldn't be surprised if there was a greater spread of votes for the 2020 election.

I agree *brofists*
Not an EU referendum until our generation turned 18 and could make it remain anyways but ehehhehe :teehee:

Spoiler

Reply 42

Hahahaha! Looks like someone made a mess but doesn't want to clean it up. What a loser.
Loool not even he wants anything to do with the mess that the leave campaign and the idiotic 52% have begun.

Before anyone tries to damage control by saying "Oh he was intending to leave anyway. He only wanted the UK (or whats left of it) out of the EU. His job is done".

No. That's the equivalent of me getting a girl pregnant, saying job done and leaving forever. We haven't even sorted out terms for leaving the EU yet. And it's looking more and more likely that leaving is impossible every day. And now our most likely new leader is someone intent on privatising the NHS. Good going lads. Here's an post I saw elsewhere that sums everything up

Spoiler

Original post by Ciel.
Hahahaha! Looks like someone made a mess but doesn't want to clean it up. What a loser.

:lol: :yep:

Spoiler

Reply 45
Original post by CheeseIsVeg
:lol: :yep:

Spoiler

You can't be serious. Your thread made me so happy.

Original post by Lawliettt
Loool not even he wants anything to do with the mess that the leave campaign and the idiotic 52% have begun.

Before anyone tries to damage control by saying "Oh he was intending to leave anyway. He only wanted the UK (or whats left of it) out of the EU. His job is done".

No. That's the equivalent of me getting a girl pregnant, saying job done and leaving forever. We haven't even sorted out terms for leaving the EU yet. And it's looking more and more likely that leaving is impossible every day. And now our most likely new leader is someone intent on privatising the NHS. Good going lads. Here's an post I saw elsewhere that sums everything up

Spoiler

YASS MATE *broooooooooooooooooofeeeeeeeestttt* :biggrin:

Spoiler

They're gonna drop like flies when the EU is like "actually nah, u guys cant leave" :rofl:

Spoiler

Original post by Ciel.
You can't be serious. Your thread made me so happy.

urm I am not serious?!?

Spoiler

At least I made someone happy!

Spoiler

Absolute lad with good quality banter. Dave has some good bants at times and Boris too but Nige just beats them all. He's why I voted leave tbh
He's finally helped to achieve what he's campaigned for so hard during the last 20 years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UCm6LNj7P0&feature=youtu.be

God bless him
Well we shall miss his usual outburst at the EU Parliament.

Wonder if he will resign from that post too?
So what if he has resigned. He's fulfilled his lifelong ambition of getting us out the EU and he isn't an MP in Government. He'll eventually stand down as an MEP too.

Good on him and I wish him all the best.
Original post by Ciel.

Honestly, what do you expect him to do... he's not an MP you halfwit.
Reply 53
Original post by The Roast
Honestly, what do you expect him to do... he's not an MP you halfwit.

Insulting someone just because you disagree with their opinion is pretty pathetic. :h:
He's a coward. That's all there is to it.
Original post by Ciel.
Insulting someone just because you disagree with their opinion is pretty pathetic. :h:
He's a coward. That's all there is to it.

You've just called Farage a 'coward' :lol: you hypocrite.

How is he a coward anyway? He faced the EU for 20 years - 2 decades of campaigning for the UK to leave, and he has succeed and now feels the need to step down?
Reply 55
You've just called Farage a 'coward' :lol: you hypocrite.

How is he a coward anyway? He faced the EU for 20 years - 2 decades of campaigning for the UK to leave, and he has succeed and now feels the need to step down?

Nope, it doesn't. I called him a coward not because I disagree with his opinion (I have not commented on his political views, mind you) but because it looks like he suddenly doesn't want to be a part of Brexit and the 'new UK' anymore. His decision seems pretty sudden, right? Why didn't he step down immediately after brexit? I think it's because we all know that things aren't looking too good at the moment (economy-wise). Not to mention their false NHS promises and immigration bull but let's not get into that.
RIP in Peace are nige
Original post by Lawliettt

Spoiler

k.
Original post by Ciel.
Nope, it doesn't. I called him a coward not because I disagree with his opinion (I have not commented on his political views, mind you) but because it looks like he suddenly doesn't want to be a part of Brexit and the 'new UK' anymore.

What?!

He was arguably the loudest voice in the Brexit campaign!!

It only looks that way because you and the rest of the Remain crew want to see it that way, instead of looking at it objectively.

It's not because he wants no part in any of it, it's because he has accomplished his 2-decade long mission.

Original post by Ciel.

His decision seems pretty sudden, right? Why didn't he step down immediately after brexit?

How am I supposed to know? How is anyone supposed to know? Why don't you ask him yourself?

My only guess is that he had things to finish off before announcing his resignation.

Original post by Ciel.

I think it's because we all know that things aren't looking too good at the moment (economy-wise). Not to mention their false NHS promises and immigration bull but let's not get into that.

I think most people knew we'd be in economic difficulties following the Brexit vote, it was inevitable.

What false NHS promise? I don't think Farage was directly involved with the battle-bus claim - that was Gove and BoJo.

'But let's not get into that' ... well you've called it 'bull', so I am going to 'get into that'.

Of course we're not going to spend £350 ****ing million on the NHS,that would be absurd, the NHS doesn't need £350 million.

My mum is an ex NHS clinical director of psychiatry (voted Leave) and she never once thought £350 million would be funded into the NHS. She expected around £100 million.

Remain campaigners calling out the quote on the battle-bus are CHERRY-PICKING.

Then, in regards to immigration, being the most densely populated country in Europe, we simply cannot keep accepting the numbers of immigrants pre-Brexit.

Cameron promised to cut net immigration to the tens of thousands, yet it bumped to 600,000 because he couldn't enter negotiations with the EU lot. Not to mention the strain this has on housing, education and the NHS.

It's time to take of your rose-tinted glasses and accept the fact we have left the EU and we need to work together.
Reply 59
What?!

He was arguably the loudest voice in the Brexit campaign!!

It only looks that way because you and the rest of the Remain crew want to see it that way, instead of looking at it objectively.

It's not because he wants no part in any of it, it's because he has accomplished his 2-decade long mission.

How am I supposed to know? How is anyone supposed to know? Why don't you ask him yourself?

My only guess is that he had things to finish off before announcing his resignation.

I think most people knew we'd be in economic difficulties following the Brexit vote, it was inevitable.

What false NHS promise? I don't think Farage was directly involved with the battle-bus claim - that was Gove and BoJo.

'But let's not get into that' ... well you've called it 'bull', so I am going to 'get into that'.

Of course we're not going to spend £350 ****ing million on the NHS,that would be absurd, the NHS doesn't need £350 million.

My mum is an ex NHS clinical director of psychiatry (voted Leave) and she never once thought £350 million would be funded into the NHS. She expected around £100 million.

Remain campaigners calling out the quote on the battle-bus are CHERRY-PICKING.

Then, in regards to immigration, being the most densely populated country in Europe, we simply cannot keep accepting the numbers of immigrants pre-Brexit.

Cameron promised to cut net immigration to the tens of thousands, yet it bumped to 600,000 because he couldn't enter negotiations with the EU lot. Not to mention the strain this has on housing, education and the NHS.

It's time to take of your rose-tinted glasses and accept the fact we have left the EU and we need to work together.

It's strange that he's only quitting now, though, admit it... Still, if we want single market access we will have to accept free movement of citizens anyway. So immigration isn't likely to change.
Yes, I wanted to remain, it was a lesser evil, in my opinion but I don't really care about the future that much so forgive me for not really getting into this this any further. My life is so boring that I can't wait for it to end, haha. That's why I'm not really too passionate about the whole thing.
But I'm just happy that he's leaving, so just let me enjoy it.

Quick Reply

Latest