The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by ddereu
Anyone registered in Sanctuary Students Grafton street?

Hey I've been offered a Ensuite room here which I have now accepted.
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Reply 2
Original post by JM841
Hey I've been offered a Ensuite room here which I have now accepted.

Hello:smile:)
double or standard?
I really want to stay at standard but got an offer a double room..
Reply 3
Original post by ddereu
Hello:smile:)
double or standard?
I really want to stay at standard but got an offer a double room..

I've been offered a standard. Was offered after being put on the waiting list though so didn't have much choice. Have you been given a flat number?
Standard en-suitee, are you a postgrad?
Reply 5
Original post by JM841
I've been offered a standard. Was offered after being put on the waiting list though so didn't have much choice. Have you been given a flat number?

i was on the waiting list either. i prefer standard cause its little bit cheaper:frown: i didnt have much choice too. my flat number is 151 !
Reply 6
Original post by Sunghyunah

Hi :smile: yep im a postgrad
Reply 7

Yep Postgrad here. You?
Postgrad here, just got offered a room and I'll be accepting it tonight. Got a double room in a two bedroom flat (Flat 35).

I'm glad I got a small flat so I can hunker down and study when I need to, but I want to get to know other people and be sociable too. Are there any groups or anything to join?
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 9
Original post by WordWorder
Postgrad here, just got offered a room and I'll be accepting it tonight. Got a double room in a two bedroom flat (Flat 35).

I'm glad I got a small flat so I can hunker down and study when I need to, but I want to get to know other people and be sociable too. Are there any groups or anything to join?

gosh I envy you.
i got 7 flat mates with double ensuite. sooo worried about that.. is flat 35 on the 3rd floor?
7 flat mates? The guy over the phone told me that they try to match people up with similar people. Do you know if you're with all postgrads like us or freshers or...?

Not sure if it is third floor actually. I would've thought so but I've seen people in flats over 100 and I doubt there are ten floors.

Well if your flatmates turn out to be cool then feel free to come down to flat 35. It'd be good to liven the place up every once in a while.
Reply 11
Original post by ddereu
i was on the waiting list either. i prefer standard cause its little bit cheaper:frown: i didnt have much choice too. my flat number is 151 !

Yeah though having a double bed would be nice too! Cool, mine is 124 :smile:
Reply 12
Original post by WordWorder
7 flat mates? The guy over the phone told me that they try to match people up with similar people. Do you know if you're with all postgrads like us or freshers or...?

Not sure if it is third floor actually. I would've thought so but I've seen people in flats over 100 and I doubt there are ten floors.

Well if your flatmates turn out to be cool then feel free to come down to flat 35. It'd be good to liven the place up every once in a while.

i want to live in a smaller room to focus on my study. i asked them whether can change to a smaller room. they just said they dont have any room available at the moment but try to give a room as best as they can.

should i ask them whether they can match with similar students?
what do you think about living with 7 freshers?
Reply 13
Standard ensuite here, there's 7 of us in mine as well haha. I asked for basic info about who I'm staying with (ie gender and year) and it's a mix, 5 of us are freshers though, all same sex
Original post by ddereu
Hi :smile: yep im a postgrad

Original post by JM841
Yep Postgrad here. You?

I'm going into my 2nd year and been put in a single sex flat, getting paranoid cuz I spent all of last yr living with chinese flatmates and Im joint honours so I didn't make any friends to house with! I only see chinese students entering grafton street too so I feel like I'm going to be missing out on a big part of uni life!

How do you know if you're in a flat of 5 or 7 people??
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by zplin
Standard ensuite here, there's 7 of us in mine as well haha. I asked for basic info about who I'm staying with (ie gender and year) and it's a mix, 5 of us are freshers though, all same sex

I'll be in single sex too, I know it sounds like a stupid question but are you a guy or a girl??
Reply 16
I'll be in single sex too, I know it sounds like a stupid question but are you a guy or a girl??

Not stupid at all, I'm a girl :smile:
Original post by zplin
Not stupid at all, I'm a girl :smile:

Ohh maybe we'll be near each other, I'm gonna be in flat 189 I think!
Reply 18
Ohh maybe we'll be near each other, I'm gonna be in flat 189 I think!

I'm 157, not sure how the floor numbers work but maybe we will!
Reply 19
I'm going into my 2nd year and been put in a single sex flat, getting paranoid cuz I spent all of last yr living with chinese flatmates and Im joint honours so I didn't make any friends to house with! I only see chinese students entering grafton street too so I feel like I'm going to be missing out on a big part of uni life!

How do you know if you're in a flat of 5 or 7 people??

If it makes you feel any better I'm a British student and I've been told I'm in a four people flat with two other British students and one Chinese. So I do think they put in a lot of consideration when choosing who goes in which flat.

Latest

Trending

Trending