The Student Room Group

Do you plan on getting married?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SubZero~
Please reconsider?

why?
Lol :lol:
I doubt i'll be able to do that. I want to get married after i finish uni :curious: I'll be 23/24ish when I finish uni :tongue:
Yes
No earlier than age 25, no later than age 30 :smile:
Definitely :h: hopefully to my current boyfriend :colondollar:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PrincessBO$$
why?
Lol :lol:
I doubt i'll be able to do that. I want to get married after i finish uni :curious: I'll be 23/24ish when I finish uni :tongue:

That's a little more sensible, lol. I want to get married before 30, so late 20s.
Original post by SubZero~
That's a little more sensible, lol. I want to get married before 30, so late 20s.

That's too late for me.
I'll be called a leftover in my family.
My aunt got married when she was 30 she was looked down upon soo much D: Which wasn't far on her cause its her choice :curious:
That's too late for me.
I'll be called a leftover in my family.
My aunt got married when she was 30 she was looked down upon soo much D: Which wasn't far on her cause its her choice :curious:

Lol. You shouldn't let your views be overridden by others!
Original post by pugdevil
i was just curious about what people's opinion was on marriage was. Do you feel like you have to get married? Or do you simply want to get married? What does marriage mean to you?

i want to get married by 19
PFFT, marriage. What a sham. It's a total waste of money for one single meaningless day. I'd rather use that money and take my partner around the world. All a marriage is these days is a short lived and expensive joke where cheap bozos take advantage of the drinks in the afterparty
Of course, marriage is an important part in our life, if you have dreamt of marriage before you can actually imagine how you would like it to be and it's much easier to organise things.

Marriage is not a necessity but a choice you can make, if your partner is indecisive or you feel like they won't be perfect for you then you'll probably end up divorcing or most likely be disappointed for the rest of your life.

Also, I'd strongly advise to look out for lawyers - it's easy to get divorced... Scary.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
I would like to get married, hopefully to my current boyfriend (not just yet though!). I don't think he's that fussed marriage however.
Booking my wedding at the mo for Jan 2019 :h: me and my partner said we would be fine getting married or just staying common law but my health isn't good and he wants to have the same rights when it comes to each others health and well being and our financial affairs we would have if we were married so that is our biggest reason for getting married. We don't feel the need to get married to show we love each other and are in a serious relationship, especially after how long we have been together but its mainly for financial and health related security so to speak.
Original post by FireFreezer77
Id like to get married at somepoint, but to the right person.
The only problem is that im not sure that theres anyone in the world who wants to even to on a date with me, let alone marry me! :frown:

That's not true you'll definitely find someone awesome! Dw!
If I find someone worthy, then yes. Otherwise, I will be alone forever :getmecoat:
Im 16 AND WOULD LIKE TO GET MARRIED BY 21

Im 16 AND WOULD LIKE TO GET MARRIED WHEN I'VE GOT A CAREER AND AM FINANCIALLY STABLE SO IF SOMETHING GOES WRONG IN MY MARRIAGE I DON'T HAVE TO RELY ON A MAN FOR ANYTHING

Corrected for you :smile:
I would like to get married yes. But if I'm not married by the time I'm 29/30 (I want to marry at like 27/28), then I'll just focus on having a good career, travel around the world and adopt dogs and maybe a few children if my salary can support them.

It's so weird because a few years ago I wanted to marry at like 23 and the age has now risen by 4-5 years. How times change :lol:
Original post by moment of truth
If I find someone worthy, then yes. Otherwise, I will be alone forever :getmecoat:

You'll definitely find someone as amazing as you, dw! :biggrin:
If I met the right person the yes, I would want to get married. I don't object against marriage itself.
Original post by PugDevil
Come on, someone even married Donald Trump! :tongue: I'm joking, but believe me I used to think like that all the time and I've now been in a relationship for three years. All it takes is one moment and BAM you're in a relationship and discussing baby names :u:

Yikes i bet thats fun haha!
Aw im happy for you! How did it all start?
I like the BAM! Thats brilliant!
Well ill pass on the baby names (i dont want kids) but thanks!
I keep getting rejected which is why i feel like this! Ive never been on a single date and its getting me down because others do everyday pretty much!
I think I wanna sort myself out before I commit to a lifelong agreement like marriage. But certainly, in the distant future, I do :cute:
Original post by Blondie987
You'll definitely find someone as amazing as you, dw! :biggrin:

We will see :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest